Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post (Read 31387 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post
Reply #500 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 1:40am

Nite, VE. [Ebil laundry and dishes keeping me from the computer!  Smiley ]

Pilates works or it wouldn't have been around as long as it has. BUT I don't think that it is something someone who is overweight and out of condition should start out with -- unless, of course, you are in your late teens/early twenties and have a "recovery time" that borders on miraculous. So I'm going to have to do the evil exercise thing before I try it again. And for me, that means resistance training (very light to start with) and when things dry out, walking. I may do some walking this week if the weather stays dry.  It really hasn't been all that cold this winter. Or snowy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #501 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 6:46am

Skywise just called. He's about 5 minutes from home. His part of the operation went well. Unfortunately, the guy in charge of "transportation" was NOT nearly as thorough as my Skywise and THAT part of the operation was a mess. Trucks were either late or early or needing to be unloaded or loaded and it was a serious mess for a while. And the Senior Plant Manager was there and undoubtedly impressed with my beloved.

I "think" that I've finally finished Chapter 13. I'll check in tomorrow. Right now, the eyes are toooooo tired and so is the brain!

Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2012 at 7:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #502 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 5:18pm

Smiley I KILLED THE THREAD!!

Fortunately, I am here with a defibrillator to shock it back to life!!

Afternoon!
It is nearly 60 degrees right now and breezy. We have the doors open to air the place out for a bit. I'm here the for the day but I DO intent to take time for a walk this afternoon. This unseasonably nice weather is too good to waste!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #503 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 6:57pm

Chuckles! 

It sounds beautiful outside there!  I wish I could join you.  We've had a weird mix of freezing, melting and freezing rain here! It's warming up a little bit so far so I'll make the boys come out for a walk with me.  Oldest is off work  today and the youngest just finished exams so it's a full house Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #504 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 7:06pm

It's cloudy now and officially 60 degrees at the nearest reporting station.  Skywise has left for work and as soon as all the furpersons have settled down, I'm going to sneak out with my cd player for a walk.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #505 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 8:50pm

Hi everyone!

Hubby and I had some things to do in town today and after we got home, a certain chubby kitty lured me to have a nap. I'm just waking up now and I'll be starting supper in a few minutes... We're making homemade pizza here and I have to get on the ball and get the sauce on the go.

I'm around now... Sorry I wasn't in earlier! Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

tabby

Reply #506 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:28pm

Hello everyone! My cold has left me tired and rather blah. I think my lungs are very angry at me and my head is housing a jack hammer this afternoon. Other than that all is good here  I got a fair amount done on my Celtic ink yesterday and if my head calms down I will work on it more today.

The weather here is nice around 66 today and I think I will open a window or two to get some fresh air in again today. I wish it was Thursday so that D's weekend started tomorrow. You ladies are putting me to shame with the walks outdoors. I need to start taking advantage of the nice weather here in Vegas. D and I are practically vampires except when it's warm enough for me to sit by the pool. Then of course I feel the need to work on my tan.

D says my life is a series of contradictions... I love shoes but hate to wear them. I love to sit by the pool and get tan but generally hide from the sun otherwise... Anyone else like that?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #507 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:31pm

I can't think in of any way in which I'm contradictory but Skywise probably could!

I've been working on proofing the final draft of Book One today and I'm just now heading out for my walk. See ya in about 30 minutes!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #508 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:49pm

Feel better soon Tabby!!

I can't think of any ways that I'm contradictory either... But if I think of anything or Hubby tells me of any way, I'll let you know!! Cheesy

I didn't get my walk in outside today but we did enough walking around the stores inside that I wound up getting it and then some! We had snow last night and the road is still VERY slippery... Hubby does NOT want me walking out there even with good, sturdy boots on the icy roads... So it's a case of walking around stores or not getting the walk in. Roll Eyes

We got some really good yogurt today... Hubby HATES yogurt but I love it and wanted some. (I need to up the calcium intake and since I hate drinking milk, this is a good alternative/compromise). The citrus-vanilla stuff takes like the vanilla and orange ice cream sticks we get up here... SO GOOD! I'm hoping Son will like the blueberry flavor, blueberries are the one fruit he adores, so if I can get him eating that, I'll be VERY happy! Cheesy

Back to constructing the pizzas... Or should I say back to "cutting things up for the pizzas"????? Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:04pm

I'm back.
My left leg hates me.
My butt hates me now and will REALLY despise me in the morning.
BUT.
I did the walking. 

I will now pat myself on the head...

IP Logged

tabby

Reply #510 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:40pm

Sounds like our bodies are on the same program Penth. We will prevail though! I might get inspired to go for a walk today....although the elliptical is easier on my body but harder on my lungs at the moment.

Thanks VE! I am working on it. I'm trying not to give in to the cold. It must not win *stoic*
Is J all better now? Oh and NO walking on icy roads!

Sounds like I am the odd girl out with the contradictions! D wasn't the first person to comment on it but he was the first to come up with as many as he has. Lol

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #511 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:07pm

Yes, he's a lot better, thanks Tabby! Cheesy In fact, the little *monkey* even decided to have a decent day at school today... Despite having a mini meltdown on the bus, screaming he did NOT want to go!! Roll Eyes

I won't walk on icy roads, I promise... I didn't get my walk in on Sunday but I still got some exercise in... About 20 minutes of dancing to fun and loud hard rock music playing on Media player while Son drummed to the beat and sang at me!! It's exercise, just a little different and a LOT safer cause I wouldn't be on icy roads or anything!! Tongue

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #512 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:07pm

Not sure how much longer I can hold it together.  Really not sure.  The rational part of my mind tells me the decision I made today is stupid, stupid, stupid.  But my heart... won't let me do anything else.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #513 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:13pm

aranarose wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:07pm:
Not sure how much longer I can hold it together.  Really not sure.  The rational part of my mind tells me the decision I made today is stupid, stupid, stupid.  But my heart... won't let me do anything else.

Smiley galore, AR!!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #514 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:37pm

I think I like my own cooking too much.... I'm wanting a yogurt but I'm soooooooooo full, I don't dare go near it at the moment!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #515 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 12:32am

I just realized something....

It's been exactly TWO YEARS since I gave up regular soda and caffeinated cola!! Yep, two years ago today, I started the journey to kick the caffeinated/sugared soda habit and I have DONE IT! I have had a couple of glasses of the regular Pepsi in the last year or so and it no longer tasted right to me... Only the diet stuff tastes "right" to my tastebuds now!!

I never thought I could do it but I DID... And I am so happy that I did it! Cheesy WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!  Smiley

IP Logged

tabby

Reply #516 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 12:58am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:13pm:

Smiley galore, AR!!!!

*hugs*

IP Logged

tabby

Reply #517 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:02am

Great job VE!!!! Also very happy J is feeling better and that you arent going to walk on those icy roads!!!

Ugh I feel icky though. I have no idea why I decided it would be a good day to clean. I hate cleaning on a good day. Now I feel like I just got hit by a ton of bricks. *falls over*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #518 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 4:27am

Just a quick post before I have to get things ready for bed..

((hugs)) AR - the heart wants what the heart wants.

((hugs)) tabby, feel better soon!

(( hugs )) everyone else!  Glad little man is feeling better and everyone's fur babies are all doing well.

I did have a small walk, intended to write and then.. promptly fell asleep   Embarrassed  So, with all this sleep I should be here bright n early to bug you all tommorrow!  Take care and sleep well

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 5:15am

Sometimes the heart knows better than the head.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #520 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 5:25am

tabby wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:40pm:
Sounds like our bodies are on the same program Penth. We will prevail though! I might get inspired to go for a walk today....although the elliptical is easier on my body but harder on my lungs at the moment.

Thanks VE! I am working on it. I'm trying not to give in to the cold. It must not win *stoic*
Is J all better now? Oh and NO walking on icy roads!

Sounds like I am the odd girl out with the contradictions! D wasn't the first person to comment on it but he was the first to come up with as many as he has. Lol

Agreed. Failure is NOT an option!

We've had some rain tonight but not enough to saturate everything and the temps are expected to stay about 40 (way above some days) through the weekend. So if I can stand, I'll be walking.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 6:44am

Skywise is home, dinner is over and I iz a tired little writerperson so I'm gonna take my little self to bed while I can still get there. Yes, various muscles and joints are starting to stiffen up after the walking. There is aspirin and heat (bless whoever invented electric blankets!) in my immediate future!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #522 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:21am

Thanks Tabby!! I love dancing so doing that for exercise instead of walking on the inclement days is no problem for me to do. Cheesy Son's not so grumpy that he's going back to school again. He tried some blueberry yogurt last night but it was too rich for him. Sad I think he and I may share a serving of it from now on... If he can eat even part of a 100g cup of it and keep it down, I'll be happy! He's devouring blueberry muffins like crazy though, at least he's getting his blueberries that way! LOL

RT,  Smiley and thanks! You're not bugging us at all, I love seeing your happy and smiling face in here! Been there did that with the writing, there were several times when I wound up crashing instead of actually doing it too!

Penth, I hope you're feeling limber and ready to go walking again today!

I'm attacking my usual route again this morning if the roads are clear enough... I'll see how it is when I take Son to the bus stop in about 45 mins. Wink

Time to get caught up and get on the ball with my SP Pets... We have only one month left before Google takes that site down. Which reminds me, I have to install Winzip on the computer so I can use SPP Lite.......

I'm around if anyone needs me. I'll be writing later on but plan to be hanging out in here while doing that. Wink

I need another COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...................... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #523 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 11:37am

Son's on the bus and the salt truck went by twice... I may get my walk in after all! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #524 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 1:11pm

This week's addition to the "Strange Things Cats Love to Eat" files...

Caramel kettle corn flavored rice chips.

Seriously... I was munching on some last night and Amber went BONKERS... I gave her a piece of one and she inhaled it and wanted MORE!

Silly girl but then again, I've seen cats eat weirder stuff... My MIL had a cat who adored tomatoes of all the things.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41
Send TopicPrint