Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post (Read 31575 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post
Reply #700 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 11:56am

Morning! I've been in for a while but I'm getting caught up. We have an appointment today here at the house (to do with insurances) so I'm going offline to finish the cleaning and get things ready for that. It's happening mid-morning so I probably won't be back in until sometime this afternoon.

Time to get back to the cleaning... See y'all later!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #701 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:35pm

Greetings!

We're back. We went out to do some shopping and have lunch. On the way home, we stopped and made arrangements at the auto shop to bring the car in. *sigh* Yes, the car has a coolant leak. Skywise considered himself lucky to get home last night. The car started this morning so we know that the block didn't warp from the heat. Thankfully, it was pretty cold last night and that might be what saved us.  Anyway, the arrangements are made and the towing company will pick up the car this afternoon some time. 
I have my dessert [a brownie from Chick-fil-A Smiley ] and I'm gonna get some tea and get caught up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #702 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 6:36pm

The car has been picked up and Skywise will be using the van to get to work.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #703 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 7:30pm

I'm here... 

The *CENSORED* twits didn't bother to show up, nor did they call.... I wound up waiting ALL DAY for someone to call back with a rescheduled time but after three freaking hours, Hubby said they could just leave a message and I could come on and do my work in here. Good freaking grief, and then the insurance people at THAT place wonder why we won't get other insurances through them???? Bunch of freaking twerps!!!  Smiley

I'm around for a couple of hours... Now to get caught up again....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #704 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:09pm

Smiley  Greetings all.  Have missed everyone.  I've spent the majority of the last few days in bed.  Feeling somewhat better today.  Good thing too as the bloke has been taking care of me and he goes back to work tonight.  Have a pork roast in the oven and am wrapped up in my blankey on the couch catching up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #705 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:32pm

I'm waiting for the auto shop to call which they will when they have something to tell us. Otherwise, Skywise will call them in the morning. While I wait, I'm trying to get the hang of some new word processing software the only way I can really learn it, dive in, wrestle to the mat and pummel it (and get pummeled by it) until I figure it out! *Bell rings for Round 20....*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #706 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:42pm

RT, sorry you were sick, feel better soon!!  Smiley

Penth, I know what you mean... Although I do have a business diploma and word processing was one of the courses in it, that was almost 15 years ago and I learned on Word 6 (Windows 95!!) so there are a LOT of stuff I have to learn on my own when presented with a new program... Thank the stars I'm a fast learner, especially computer wise!!

And the last couple of days have been a real roller coaster ride here... I'll be VERY glad to dive into my word processor tomorrow and WRITE all day while I have peace and quiet..............  Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #707 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:54pm

I find the easiest way to figure out an office software for me is to download a few templates that are similar to what I'm looking to do and checking out how they work.  Did you go with a free office like open or libre ?  I've got Microsoft and Libre.  Haven't used any Corel office for over 10 years now.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #708 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:58pm

Ugh, I do NOT like Corel, WordPerfect drives me bananas... Smiley I did learn how to use Paradox (that's their version of Access, its a database program for anyone who doesn't know) and I despised it!! YUCK!! I don't like Access but I will use it if needed!! LOL

Give me MS Office XP Pro and I'z a happy girl... Cheesy

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #709 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:19pm

Thanks VE Smiley  I've never had wordperfect, just a little home office suite they put out in the late 90's!

The roast is done and resting now.  Must.. resist.. until.. supper.. time..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #710 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:40pm

We're MacAddicts here so I'm wrestling with Pages. I love, love, LOVE AppleWorks 6 which is what my books and reference notes are written in but Apple no longer supports AppleWorks and has replaced it with Pages. Pages has the option of "converting" Pages text to something that is Microsoft compatible so I'm going to need to convert the books from Apple to Pages before I can either submit the manuscripts electronically or epublish -- which is why I'm spending time today losing my mind. Skywise has been working with Pages extensively and he's going to show me some things when we gets home tonight.
NOT THAT SORT OF "THINGS"!! Although I'll admit that I wouldn't have any serious objection if he did......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #711 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:42pm

I'm heading out for the night now... Son had a great day in school which means he is allowed to have some computer time this evening!

Hubby also wants to use the computer for a few minutes so he can have it quickly before Son takes over.

I'm going to go get comfy on my big armchair in front of the TV, get nice and toasty under my favorite eagle print blanket and cuddle with Miss Fluffy Girl, who is looking for her evening cuddle session.

Have a great night everyone! I'll be in tomorrow morning as usual but plan to WRITE for a while if Son is in school... Hubby works ALL DAY!! *fingers crossed!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #712 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:47pm

Smiley Nite, hon. Happy writing!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #713 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:56am

Have a great night VE Cheesy 

Penth... I would love to be a Mac addict.... running linux here is the closest we'll get for awhile though. Sad It's worth jumping through the hoops though.  Macs are so reliable and consistant!

My first computer programing courses were on Apple and Apple II C's...  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #714 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:38am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 9th, 2012 at 2:08am:
Yay! Smiley Most people just don't realize how much "bad vibes" in a house can affect you and from the sound of things, his aunt's house is CRAMMED TO THE RAFTERS with "bad vibrations!"

Most definitely.  We're staying at his sister's now, which is where I was living when he and I met.  And while this house is PACKED with people, it's so, so, so much less stressful here.  We haven't fought AT ALL in the week that we've been here, which is a minor miracle, considering we'd gotten to where we were having blow out fights on a daily basis living with his aunt...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #715 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:59am

We know, RT! Our first Mac was a Performa that Moonie won in a nationwide essay contest. That got us, especially Skywise hooked and we've had Macs ever since.

Smiley AR! I'm glad things are going better for you and the Hubby. Better a crowded house with good vibes than a roomy one with toxic ones!

I've finished proofing Chapter 9 and have rechecked Chapter 8. I don't know how far I'm going to get on 10 but at least I got some work done today and my eyes aren't threatening to fall out of my head....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #716 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:03am

Skywise is home and I'm beat so this little writerperson is heading for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #717 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:48am

Morning everyone!

It's looking like it's going to be another sunny but chilly day here in my corner of the world! No complaints, the sunnier it is outside the better in my mind!! Cheesy

Hubby is working dayshift and Son has school... So y'all know what I'm going to be doing today... Hehehehehee!!! Cheesy

AR:  Smiley!!!! That's great news!!

RT & Penth: I would LOVE to own a Mac but we can't afford one... We could barely afford this PC four years ago! My course was on a PC, we started off in DOS 6.0 and worked our way up to Windows 95 in the computer component of it, we even learned basic accounting and how to use "Simply Accounting" (GAG!) I look at the MacAirs and DROOOOOOL.... I'd love to have one!! I'd have to take a course to learn how to properly do maintenance, etc on them though, I'd rather pay out the extra cash to learn how to use them properly than figure things out on my own. Luckily, I pick things up VERY quickly when it comes to computers. Cheesy

I'm around for a little while then I'll be offline writing... I'm hoping to get at least 2 pages worth of new material written up today!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #718 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 12:15pm

Fluffy Girl is currently curled up on a blanket on top of one of the kitchen chairs... She's purring VERY loudly right now and it's soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #719 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:27pm

Book Brain Mode is starting... Word is open... I'm going to get offline, get a mug of apple cinnamon green tea and get cracking!

Be back later!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #720 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 5:22pm

Afternoon.
I'm here finally.  We took an unscheduled trip into town for catfood and lunch. We are now back and thawing out. It's cold today with wind and snow. Oh well, it IS supposed to be winter and we haven't had much of one so far.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #721 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:44pm

I'm back after several hours of banging on the keyboard, several cups of tea and coffee, and banging my head against the wall...................................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #722 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 7:09pm

Gods, the transition from "writing mode" to "mother mode" is tough today... Brain does NOT want to focus on anything BUT the writing and Son's ULTRA noisy TOYS are driving me ballistic....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #723 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 7:31pm

Smiley VE. I'm still trying to shift into "proofreading mode." I'm spending the transitioning time on fooling with the Pages software.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #724 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 7:47pm

Smiley Penth!

I managed to convince Son to put those *CENSORED* noisy toys away and watch something he likes on TV so I can have a few extra minutes of writing time... Or working time, whatever I can get in!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41
Send TopicPrint