Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35780 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #450 - May 29th, 2012 at 9:31am

Morning everyone.

Yesterday's meeting went well... I met the lady who will be teaching Son's grade 2 class and she's a sweetheart. I think he's going to like her a lot! Son's been doing better this year than any of us expected, he went from doing great to EXCELLING and I'm hoping the trend continues next year!

I didn't come in again after I got home, I was just too tired and feeling a little depressed... Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of my dad's passing and that day always knocks me for a loop.

Today is Son's 8th birthday and we'll be celebrating that after he gets home from school. He has a new t-shirt to wear on his special day and he will be getting a cool birthday present from Hubby and I. Cheesy

I'm around for most of the daytime... Now to get caught up, I'm behind things this morning!! Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #451 - May 29th, 2012 at 12:45pm

Hubby has been gone for about 45 minutes but I've been busy with a few things in FB... I'm now going to do a reread of Chapters 11 through 13 (what's in that one so far!) while I have PEACE AND QUIET...

That's IF the furballs will leave me alone, Noelle is in "I'm gonna drive Veridian up a wall!!!" mode at the moment... Maybe I'd better give her some yummies before I get deep into things so she's not as likely to bother me so much!! CATS!! Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #452 - May 29th, 2012 at 2:14pm

Hubby's home, no more working on #7 for me today. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #453 - May 29th, 2012 at 3:52pm

I'm really considering something BIG for Untitled #7... I'm going to bounce the idea around for a while and when I reach that part in the manuscript, see how things go.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #454 - May 29th, 2012 at 4:24pm

Afternoon.
I had a dandy wake-up call this morning in the form of a thunderstorm. We're hoping for more rain. We got a fairly good soaking out of this morning's storm but no one will complain if we get more. It has been a VERY dry month.

I'm gonna get caught up and then head for the Guest House to paint on the make up table.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #455 - May 29th, 2012 at 4:36pm

That idea for #7 won't leave me alone!! I'm starting to get "hints" of what to include in it... Back to the drawing board and MAJOR outlining things for me............  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #456 - May 29th, 2012 at 7:08pm

I've done some shifting around in the file containing the Untitled #7 documents, word count, etc... Backups done on the one memory stick too.

I'm starting to bounce around ideas for certain parts of the "latter half" of the story... I'm thinking I may spend a lot of time out of the next couple of weeks outlining and writing up "key scenes" for that part too. I HAVE to do it soon, I'm almost done "Part 1" and HAVE to have SOMETHING ready to build upon SOON.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #457 - May 29th, 2012 at 7:31pm

I'm done with painting for the day and my "test" was successful. I will be able to draw the design I want to paint onto the wardrobe onto the black paint and be able to see it well enough to paint it. This eliminates the step of painting the area around the design black either before or after painting the design itself. I'll have to be careful since I discovered that the pencil can scratch the black paint down to the primer but if I'm careful that shouldn't be a problem. Now all I have to do is create the design....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #458 - May 29th, 2012 at 8:07pm

Supper, cake and present time are done. Hubby is going to work for a few hours tonight so I may stick around for a while yet before taking Son to bed. I still have to get things ready for morning too! Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #459 - May 29th, 2012 at 8:48pm

Laundry... blech!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #460 - May 29th, 2012 at 9:07pm

Fully agree Penth!

Sissy's getting her revenge on me for "liking" a TON of her pics... I'm getting notifications she likes some new ones I uploaded only today like CRAZY........ Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #461 - May 29th, 2012 at 9:30pm

LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #462 - May 29th, 2012 at 9:56pm

Another "KARMA NUKE" just landed!!!

Excuse me, I'm going to go laugh like crazy for a bit!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #463 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:49pm

Hubby isnt' home from work yet, I'm worn out and it's just about Son's bedtime... So I'm going to start shutting things down for the night and get things ready for bed. We're going to have two very happy furballs... Until Hubby gets home and kicks them out of the bedroom that is!

Have a great night everyone, I'll be back at the usual time tomorrow morning. Cheesy  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #464 - May 30th, 2012 at 5:44am

Skywise isn't home yet but he called and he is on his way. It was a rough day at the Post Office. I'm gonna head out and get a couple of things done before he gets home.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #465 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:25am

Morning! I've been here for a while but was busy getting caught up.

It's a rainy, COLD day here in my area today. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Son has school and Hubby will be taking the car up to get some module on it fixed so I'll have some time alone with PEACE AND QUIET so I'll be diving into #7 as soon as Son is out the door again. I'll be here but IDLE while working on it. Tongue

Son had a great birthday, he got some stuff he wanted and went NUTS when he saw the cake! I'd like to send out a big THANK YOU to all who wished him a happy birthday yesterday, by phone or via my Facebook page! Cheesy

Time to finish getting caught up and to pack Son's book bag. I'll be here. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #466 - May 30th, 2012 at 10:49am

Hubby has left, it's so peaceful!! I'm going to take advantage of this and see if I can continue on in Chapter 13 for a little bit while bouncing around ideas for the second part of the story.

~Here but distracted, please stand by!!~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #467 - May 30th, 2012 at 12:27pm

Hubby is home... I managed to get over a page worth of new material added to Chapter 13, so I'm good! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #468 - May 30th, 2012 at 12:46pm

I was just outside and realized I may wind up doing some "transplanting" this fall...

Our honeysuckle bush and lilac bush are side by side and when one sees it in winter, it looks like one GIANT bush of some kind, instead of two bushes of different types. I didn't know it was two different kinds of shrub/bush until they bloomed the first summer we were here and am happy to have both in our yard... I love both kinds and love how the hummingbirds feed from them on a daily basis.

The honeysuckle is HUGE... It's grown outward by about three feet within the last two years and upwards by about 4 feet in the same amount of time. It's about 15-17 feet HIGH and about 20 feet wide!! The lilac bush is about 13, 14 feet high and about 15 feet wide, max.

The problem is it's looking like the honeysuckle bush is starting to choke out the lilac bush and since I don't want to lose my lilac bush AT ALL, I'm going to have to take one of the "runners" from the lilac bush and replant it in another area of the yard so we don't lose it within the next few years... Because I have a bad feeling we're only going to have a honeysuckle out back by the time my son graduates from high school at this rate!! Shocked

The lilac is done blooming for the year but the honeysuckle is in full bloom... VERY pretty, too bad it's raining out there so I couldn't smell its heavenly scent!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #469 - May 30th, 2012 at 1:10pm

The guys are here to pump out the sewer and Amber went NUTS when she heard the truck in our yard... Poor baby is scared because it's loud and she HATES loud vehicles. Sad I'm doing my best to soothe her and hopefully she'll get distracted by something else, like chasing a ball around the tub or something very soon!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #470 - May 30th, 2012 at 1:38pm

It's done... There's a lingering "odor" in the air but that'll clear up when I open some windows and turn on the fans!

Amber is fine now that it's gone. I wound up holding her most of the time she was out in the main part of the house. Poor baby cat doesn't like a lot of noise and those trucks are SO LOUD, especially if they're right next to the house! Sad

I'm now covered in cat hair from head to toe..... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #471 - May 30th, 2012 at 2:15pm

Noelle is just about dancing right now... I'm roasting a chicken breast for my lunch and she knows it. She's going bonkers cause she knows I'll be sharing it with her when it's ready... YEAH, I do spoil the furballs, I ADMIT IT!!! Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #472 - May 30th, 2012 at 2:30pm

Morning.
I'm heading out to paint, first thing, and then I'll be back for the day.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #473 - May 30th, 2012 at 2:35pm

I'll be here for the most part so no worries Penth. We're supposed to have thundershowers today but so far, nothing... I'm hoping it STAYS that way!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #474 - May 30th, 2012 at 3:28pm

I'm back until around 6 when the first coat of black will go on.
I'll be glad when all this painting and building is done so I can get to the "enjoying" part. Everything will look SO cool when it's all done but the "getting there" is a pain in the posterior!
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2012 at 4:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41
Send TopicPrint