Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35823 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #500 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:00pm

Heading up to the Guest House to get that primer put on.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #501 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:16pm

I'm here for a couple of more hours so no worries Penth. Cheesy

Thinking of ideas for a MAJOR turning point in the first half of #7... The BIGGEST one of all... It's going to be probably a FULL chapter and it's going to take me a while to get it written up perfectly to my idiotically high standards!!

Right now I'm grateful Hubby is bringing home a pizza for supper so I can just let that bake and not have to worry about burning myself while cooking up something else!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #502 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:47pm

I'm going offline between 5:30 and 5:45 my time... Hubby needs the phone to talk to a coworker and since he doesn't want them seeing my cell number at all, he needs the regular phone. I'll be handing the computer over to son at that point so he can play rocket bowl.

Not sure if I'll be working on the story or not after the guys crash... I'm pretty tired and Hubby is going to be taking Son shopping tomorrow, and I'm really considering staying home and taking advantage of the extra day's worth of peace and quiet after I get some sleep............... Heh. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2012 at 7:48pm by Veridian Etoile » 
Reason: Dratted grammar was messed up big time! :( 

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #503 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:02pm

Okay, hon. I'm back and won't be painting any more until tomorrow. Right now, I have a sweet WP in my lap who wants cuddles..

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #504 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:28pm

Awwwwwwwwww!! Give that precious baby some love for me please!! I think she's a little sweetie pie! Cheesy

On that note I'm going to head out now so Hubby can use the phone, Noelle can get her cuddle time with me, and Son can have his computer time. I'll keep the cell phone within reach just in case I have a REALLY good idea for #7 hit me while Son's using the computer! It may be a very bare bones phone but there is two memo sections in it, which I LOVE for those "away from the computer times"... Hehehehehe... Cheesy

Have a great night everyone... See y'all sometime tomorrow. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #505 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 3:03am

Cuddled the baby girlcat and I've been working on the makeup table skirt. I was feeling "jumpy" earlier and the hand sewing helped me settle. If I get some cooperation from the humidity tomorrow, I'll get both coats of paint on one side of the sides. If not, I'll put on the second coat on Sunday. STILL trying to figure out how to arrange the top and sides of the wardrobe for priming in my limited space.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #506 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:28am

I have half the table skirt made and, so far, the design looks like it is going to work but I won't know for sure until it's finished and I can put it on the finished table. The kits like it so far though! Anyway, Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #507 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 4:00pm

Afternoon.

The guys are up town shopping and I did take advantage of the quiet but the brain is NOT wanting to comply right now so I'm taking a break. Word is open and I got a little more added to C14 and I'll be trying to work on that while catching up.

Noelle is passed out on the one living room window in the sunshine and I have no clue where the Psychotic Chubby One is.

I'm here for a few hours, but I'll be editing, etc until the guys get back.

I'm going to get caught up quickly while I hope my creativity returns. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #508 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 5:51pm

The guys are home and even though I didn't get an overly huge amount of writing done, I managed to get a little written up... In a new file. This is a HUGE event in the first part of the story and it's going to be a very intense thing for me to write up. I'm going to need a LOT of concentration to work on it, and I'm thinking it's going to be a few days' worth of writing to get it written up the way I want it to be and up to my ridiculously HIGH STANDARDS!!  Smiley

I'll be splicing in the what is now code named MBWE file when I reach that part of the main manuscript, or add it in at the beginning of the MCEWCA file, because it happens right before where that file starts off!!  Smiley

I am now thinking a glass of iced diet lemon lime soda and a snack is in order..........  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 5:59pm

I am here.
The first coat of paint is on the sides.
I am bummed.
The damned deer have EATEN MY ROSE BUSH! There are still some leaves close to the ground and a single bud but the bloom is gone and the leaves on the upper part have been stripped off....  Smiley

THIS is why I don't put in a vegetable garden! I'd have to stand guard over it 24/7 to keep the varmints out!
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:01pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #510 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:04pm

CRAPPERS Penth! Sad I know how much you wanted that rose bush too!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #511 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:23pm

It's still alive but now I have to find a way to keep the damned deer away from it. Once it is mature, it will have respectable thorns on it but right now, it doesn't.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #512 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:25pm

I also have an idea on who can do the first "non author edit" on #7 for me... My mother in law. She's not only smart, she's excellent in English and I trust her judgement! Cheesy I'd ask my youngest BIL to do it (like MIL, he was above average in English class!) but I don't think he'd appreciate reading a love story. He's more of a South Park kind of guy. Roll Eyes I'd probably get a LOT of silly remarks if youngest BIL read it... Roll Eyes

And as for my sister, she can darn well wait for it to be published before she reads it. I trust her with it as far as I can toss a double decker bus across the street!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #513 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:26pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:23pm:
It's still alive but now I have to find a way to keep the damned deer away from it. Once it is mature, it will have respectable thorns on it but right now, it doesn't.

My dad used to put chicken wire or netting around young plants and shrubs so the deer couldn't get at them... Maybe that may work for the rosebush?  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #514 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 6:51pm

That's what I'm thinking. We have too many deer around here. Unfortunately, that usually means a die off is in the near future. Nature tends to cull the herd if there are no predators to do it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #515 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 7:50pm

I have the back of the makeup table out of the Guest House and into this one. My body is gonna hate me later....
I'm hoping that getting it down the basement stairs will be easier than getting it up them...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #516 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:45pm

I have word open again... Something just hit me for the file I started today and I'm going to jot it down before I lose it!!! Hopefully Son will stay OUT of the computer area for a few minutes so I can get it down without interruptions!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #517 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:33pm

Well, I got that bit down in between Hubby deciding to start moving around and running his mouth and Son shoving stuff between my face and the monitor... *SIGH* Roll Eyes

I'm also thinking of ideas for how it links up with the MCEWCA file....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #518 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:09pm

Doing a reread/edit on some stuff I wrote up a couple of weeks ago.... Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 10:39pm

I got tired of waiting so I managed to get the back of the makeup table down the stairs without damaging it or myself. I have it set up so it can't fall over and the light figures are mounted. I may have to fine tune that a little but that can wait. Right now, I need to start the prep for dinner and get up to the Guest House and put the second coat of paint on the sides.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #520 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 11:02pm

I'm done editing that part and am now heading out for the night. Son wants his rocket bowl time and I'm going to let him play for an hour before he goes to bed.

Not sure if I'll work on #7 after the guys crash or not, depends on how tired I am and if anything comes to me.

I'll be back in the morning and will be around in between pretending to be a domestic goddess.  Smiley We're getting another, newer fridge on Monday and I have to make sure there's enough room in the kitchen to get it in and get the old one out!!

Have a great night everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:19am

I've been looking at door pulls for the wardrobe and I've found some "possibles." I've bookmarked the pages and I'll make a decision when I'm not achy and cross-eyed. I "should" be assembling the makeup table no later than Tuesday. The week that it will take for the primer to cure on the wardrobe pieces will give me a much needed break in the "painting/assembling" treadmill I've been on. I "should" have all this done by the end of the month. Sooner, I DO hope!  Since my whole body is aching at the moment, I'm going to head out, take aspirin and crawl into bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #522 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:35pm

Morning.

I stayed up late working on that one part I had started yesterday. I finally started to "see" things as they happened and as soon as the guys went to bed, I quickly wrote up the VERY rough draft of it.

I'm a tad out of it from staying up late and sleeping in when the little guy would let me that is... I did wake up with Noelle beside my pillow, purring up a storm and Amber down by my legs...

I'll be around between bouts of cleaning today... I'll be here most of the daytime but idle by times. I'm also hoping to get a little research or editing in too when the little guy lets me!!

Time to finish getting caught up and get another cup of caffeine in me. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #523 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 2:01pm

[size=12]Today is "Diamond Jubilee Day" for Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.

I'm Canadian, and Canada is part of the British Commonwealth like Australia. Some of us here think of ourselves as "Americanized Brits" believe it or not, and I'm one of them.

My heritage may be mostly German and Nordic but I still think of myself as part of the British Empire. [/size]
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 2:03pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #524 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:27pm

I haven't done a word count on #7 since FEBRUARY!! Shocked

Correcting that sometime today... I've added a LOT in the months since then!! Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41
Send TopicPrint