Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35848 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #525 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:43pm

Morning. I'm here finally. I went up to the Guest House and put the primer on the sides of the makeup table. At around 4 I'll put on the first coat of paint, the second will go on tomorrow morning and then I will be DONE with painting the makeup table! Smiley I'll haul the sides down here tomorrow afternoon -- late probably -- and get started on reassembly. I may start priming the wardrobe pieces tomorrow or I may wait until Tuesday. I haven't decided yet. What I have decided is that I need tea and I need it now!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #526 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:56pm

My house looks like a million toy bombs went off inside of it... Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:28pm

I can SO relate...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #528 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:34pm

LOL, I know you can... And your place probably had twice the amount of toys!! Shocked

Well, Hubby called and he's picking up a pizza for supper. WHOO HOO, no standing over the stove cooking for me tonight!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 7:07pm

Lucky you! I don't know what we're having yet. I suppose that I should start thinking about that....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #530 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 7:38pm

Hubby's idea. Cheesy I was going to make some pork steak, rice and veggies but he knew that after all of the cleaning I did today, the last thing I wanted to do was COOK.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 8:01pm

Smart man!

First coat of black paint is on. Second coat will go on tomorrow morning and about 6 or so hours later, I'll bring the sides down here. It's looking like I'm going to have to prime/paint the wardrobe pieces in five separate batches, due to space considerations and I won't be able to start painting until after they have cured so it's looking like two weeks -- quick and dirty figures -- before I can get the dratted thing assembled! *snark!* I'm making good progress on the table skirt and it should be ready to put on when the table is done. Once that is out of the way, I'll get the practice area cleaned up -- SERIOUS vacuuming required! -- and maybe start practicing, just to keep from losing my mind while I'm waiting for the wardrobe to be ready to paint!

Post # 24,888
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 8:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 9:43pm

I decided to take a break and work on the formatting errors that appeared when I converted Book 2 to Pages/Times New Roman/Double Spaced. I've shortened it by three pages so far. I've made a few corrections that will have to be transferred to the single spaced copy but that can wait until I'm going through this copy line by line.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #533 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:08pm

I'm unable to write but Untitled #7 still beckons me... I've been jotting down ideas as they come to me though. Cheesy

And I just realized I have never read Longfellow's epic, "Evangeline", which is related to the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia....

OOPS!!!....................

I'll tackle it sometime soon, like when I'm NOT getting ideas for Untitled #7!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #534 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:35pm

Son is wanting his computer time now so I'd better hand it over to him before he blows something up... Like his lego box!

Have a great night everyone, I'll see y'all in the morning at the usual school day time. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:36pm

Muwahaha! You have reached the point of no return. #7 will give you no peace now until it is finished.
Then the next one will start slipping into your brain....

Nite, hon.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:31am

The skirt for the makeup table is almost completely finished, just need to sew some trim along the top. THEN I get to figure how how to attach it so I can take it off when I want to wash it!

Things are still on track for the painting to be finished on the makeup table tomorrow. STILL wondering about the logistics of priming/painting the wardrobe.

Thinking that my next "project" will be a pair of black, semi-sheer harem pants to practice in....

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #537 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 1:41am

Velcro is a thought for the skirt or upholstery tacks.  My next project is curtains/window coverings for the whole house.  Paul's aunt is giving me her old Singer which is good because my new one still needs to go in to get fixed. 

A bit of good news, my Mom is out of the hospital for now.  She will be off for about a month after the next surgery but it should take care of both kidneys.  I just don't know if it's here or Winterpeg.  On the home front the ol' man is finally going to be trained for the new job he got at work over 6 months ago.  It's a nice change from what he's been doing.  He said he's looking forward to being dry for a shift for a change Smiley 

Otherwise not much here I've been resting too much...  I'll go catch up on posts now Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:28am

Upholstery tacks will definitely be involved. My mom was an upholsterer for a number of years before her health forced her to retire. That is why I'm rather fearless when it comes to building things, restoring things or re-purposing things! I want to attach the skirt in such a way that I can take it off when needed to wash it. By this time tomorrow night, I hope to have the makeup table reassembled. It's not especially difficult. There are just a LOT of screws that will need to be put back in. Once that's done, I'll start work on the wiring. The light fixtures are designed to be wired into a house's electrical system. That isn't possible downstairs so I'll be wiring them to some very "heavy" 3-strand electrical wire with a heavy duty plug on the end and then plugging them into an outlet strip that will be connected to the house's electrical system.

Yay for the good news. The more of that the better!

Detailing all of that has worn me out! I probably could push on for a couple of more hours but I'm going to head out. Tomorrow looks to be busy.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:29am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #539 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:14am

Penthesilea wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:36pm:
Muwahaha! You have reached the point of no return. #7 will give you no peace now until it is finished.
Then the next one will start slipping into your brain....

Nite, hon.

Morning!

Yep, I'm a goner alright!!  Smiley I want to get #7 out of the way before I even think about tackling another one... I was thinking about doing the full rewrite of RH next (my shorter story) if nothing else comes to me after #7 is sent to a publisher!

It's a rainy, COLD day here... We're getting another fridge today too so I'll be offline while Uncle and Cousin in law are here helping Hubby get that into the house and the old one outside. I'm in charge of moving things from one fridge to another... I imagine the guys will be watching me while having a coffee. Roll Eyes MEN..... Tongue

Time to get caught up and get things going for school.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #540 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:18am

Ravens Tears wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 1:41am:
Velcro is a thought for the skirt or upholstery tacks.  My next project is curtains/window coverings for the whole house.  Paul's aunt is giving me her old Singer which is good because my new one still needs to go in to get fixed. 

A bit of good news, my Mom is out of the hospital for now.  She will be off for about a month after the next surgery but it should take care of both kidneys.  I just don't know if it's here or Winterpeg.  On the home front the ol' man is finally going to be trained for the new job he got at work over 6 months ago.  It's a nice change from what he's been doing.  He said he's looking forward to being dry for a shift for a change Smiley 

Otherwise not much here I've been resting too much...  I'll go catch up on posts now Smiley

Smiley "Winterpeg"... LOL Yeah, I've heard that Manitoba doesn't have the warmest winters!! It gets cold out here but not as cold as it does in central Canada!! *DUCKS*

I hope everything goes great for your mom and your fellow, RT!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #541 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:51am

We're now just waiting for Uncle to call... Hope it's before Son gets home from school, the less chaos around here while we're getting the new fridge in and the old one out the better!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #542 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:28pm

Uncle just called. I'm going offline for a while, be back after everything's done and the new fridge is loaded up. See y'all later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Morning!
We woke up to much needed rain this morning which has resulted in a change in plans. I'll be slipping up to the Guest House to put the final coat of paint on the sides of the makeup table when there is a break in the rain and I'll bring them down here tomorrow. The rain will affect the drying time so I'll just wait and not get impatient!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #544 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:15pm

Smiley

We're done. Holy mackerel what a freaking BIG job that was to empty our old fridge, get the new one's doors off (so we could fit it in the door!), get the old fridge out, get the new one in, organize everything, wipe the new fridge out (it's a second hand one!) and get everything loaded back into that!!  Smiley

Instead of a yellow side by side fridge, we now have a white one with the freezer on top. It's going to take some getting used to, I keep reaching for the freezer door each time I want to open the fridge because the handle for the fridge on the old one was right at the level for the freezer on this one!! Roll Eyes

I will now attempt to get caught up before Son's bus arrives in an hour's time.

I'm dead.  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #545 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:38pm

T-minus 7 hours 21 minutes until the season 10 premiere of  Smiley... CAN'T WAIT!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 5:14pm

I remember when we had to replace our refrigerator. Of course, we did it after the old one DIED so everything that was in it was either in the Guest House fridge or in an ice chest. Then when the new one was delivered, I discovered that it was too tall to fit in the space we had. Skywise wasn't home, naturally, so I had to climb up and tear out the built in "over the refrigerator" cabinet so the new one would fit.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #547 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Oh boy, that must have been "fun" Penth!! Roll Eyes Hubby helped, thank the stars, so it was a little easier for me to get things organized... And his uncle and cousin did a lot of the work getting the new one in and the old one out, they rented an appliance dolly, which was a LOT better than the regular one we have here!

Right now I'm fit to start killing people... Not anyone here or on any of my friends lists anywhere (that includes people on my old FB profile list)... NEVER MESS WITH A WITCH OR HER CHILD!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #548 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:00pm

I sooooooooooo need some distractions right now, but Son is around the computer area. No playing in the adult area for me right now. Sad

I may do another reread on #7's main manuscript file, the entire thing... Maybe bouncing around ideas for that will calm me down!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #549 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:21pm

SO GLAD our cats adore Son... He's been cuddling Amber like she's nothing but a huge purring teddy bear for the last half hour or so.

I swear that child can get away with murder around that chubby furball of ours! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
Send TopicPrint