Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35900 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #550 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:26pm

I see a black and orange striped tail on top of the computer tower...........

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #551 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:58pm

Spirit twisted her ankle going down the basement stairs. She says it's okay but I'll be keeping an eye on her. Naturally, Skywise discovered that the car has a flat JUST as he was leaving for work and he had to take the van so if a run to the ER turns out to be necessary, it will have to wait until he gets home.

In other news, I may have figured out a way around my priming problem. I checked and I put the saw horses together with screws and I have two lengths of 2 x 6 that are long enough that I'll be able to put the sides of the wardrobe side by side on the saw horses once I switch those boards into the saw horses. I can put the top on the Guest House kitchen table for priming and I've set up a place where I can put it for curing. The kickplate is long and narrow and finding a spot for it to cure isn't going to be a problem. So, I "should" be able to prime and cure the top, sides and kickplate for the wardrobe pretty much all at once. I'm now looking at one and a half to two weeks until assembly rather than six. The doors WILL have to be done separately since they are wider than the sides but they go on last, after the wardrobe is assembled and put in place so if it takes another three weeks to get them done, I'm not gonna sweat it!

Post 24,900
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:25am

Washed my way through a couple of loads of dishes and the dough is rising for the pizzas.

I'm ready for the "Golden Age" to start. I really am: Replicators, robot housekeepers, free energy and anti-gravity vehicles and all.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #553 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:45am

Just checked Spirit's ankle. No swelling, discoloration or pain according to her. And she is walking normally.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:45am

It's late and Skywise isn't home yet but I'm gonna head out anyway. I intend to crash like the Hindenburg the minute he gets home or shortly thereafter!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #555 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:55am

Smiley all.  VE, I've dealt with bullying for most of my life between my childhood/ work and then my oldest son as well.  I'm sending positive energy and thoughts your way.  Hopefully little man is not too traumatized. (( hugs))

Penth, glad to hear Spirit's ankle isn't badly hurt. Nothing worse than having an unhappy kid hobbling around the house in pain.  My youngest has had 2 sessions with the ankle cast in his life... Not fun! 

It was really hot here today.  I didn't cook so the house stayed relatively decent until the evening.  Then I convinced the Mr to take us all out for take-out and a nice long drive.  Made for a pleasant evening.  I also finally got brave enough to actually try the "No Poo" method of cleaning hair.  (baking soda and ACV rinse)  I got some condiment bottles just for it.  It felt kinda strange washing my hair without shampoo but my hair is so soft now.  It's not frizzy at all even with the humidity today and I didn't use any conditioner either.  My scalp also feels great and it hasn't affected my henna at all!  So far win win Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #556 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:43am

Smiley Thanks RT! I talk more about it with my "adopted" brother in FB if you want to go look.

Penth, thank the stars Spirit's ankle is okay!!! I have terribly weak ankles and I've wound up in the ER due to problems with them more times than I can count over the years. Give Spirit my love please!!

And thank the stars you figured out a solution for the wardrobe problem!

I have a doctor's appointment at 8 this morning so I'm not going to be around much... I'll probably be on the phone most of the day too or possibly in meetings at the school so I may not be around a lot today. We'll have to see. *SIGH*

Time to finish my coffee and start doing my hair and makeup... We're leaving right after the bus goes!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #557 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:59am

Heading out now. See y'all later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #558 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:32pm

I'm back from the appointment. I didn't get any phone calls while we were gone (on the cell) nor were there any messages on the regular phone when we got back. Things may happen after Son gets home though.

I stocked up on some fresh veggies so I'm a happy girl right now... I'm going to have a tuna sandwich and a salad for lunch in a bit.. Mmm... Fresh cucumbers....

I'll be checking for messages every hour or so but I should be around for the most part the rest of the afternoon unless something comes up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #559 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:46pm

Morning. We're making a quick trip into town and then I'll be in for the day so don't worry, VE. Give them hell as necessary.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #560 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:24pm

I'm feeling a LOT better now... Got a call on the cell and things are more than satisfactory for all involved. WHEW.  Smiley

I can feel my BP going back to normal now...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #561 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:24pm

Penth you have a PM, read when ALONE if possible please!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #562 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:05pm

The house is quiet... I'm going to see if I can get a little writing done!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #563 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:21pm

I'm back.
I've read and replied, VE.

We are POed. The deer got at my rose bush again while we were gone. They've stripped it almost to the ground. BUT that is the last meal of "rose bush" they are going to get! I am now armed with hardware cloth, dowel rods, twist ties and determination! I can't cage the deer so I'm gonna cage the bush! I also picked up some Miracle Gro for Roses to help nurse my little bush back to health. I'm going to wait until the sun has westered a little bit (it's almost directly overhead right now) before I start work but with the kids, cats and Skywise outside and Skywise working on the car right next to the rose bush, the deer won't be coming out of the woods until later and by that time....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #564 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:54pm

I love deer but holy smokes they are almost as bad as raccoons or rabbits for destroying stuff like plants!!

I've been rereading the main manuscript file for #7... I haven't been feeling great between yesterday's mess and today's date... Just a reread to make sure everything flows smoothly and that I wasn't writing up CRAP again........ Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #565 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:46pm

It never hurts to give the previous days work a once over the next day. Typos and grammar mistakes WILL sneak in.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #566 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:54pm

Exactly! I have caught MORE mistakes in a reread the next day (or weeks after) than I can count! My grammar stinks sometimes even with Word alerting me to a "mistake"... But then again, sometimes the stupid software sees something it classes as a mistake and what it "suggests" to replace it is even WORSE... Roll Eyes

And now Word is being a PITA about the main manuscript file... It's showing grammar "mistakes" that I thought I had cleaned up LONG AGO... GEEZ...... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #567 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:00pm

I'm still here. Cheesy

I just beat the stuffing out of my old high score in Bejeweled Blitz in Facebook, over 700,000 in ONE MINUTE worth of play!! Shocked WOOT!! Cheesy

I'm going to chill down again by slapping on the headphones, cranking up Creed on Media Player and trying to finish the reread of #7 that I was working on earlier. Cheesy I'll be here for a couple of more hours but possibly pretty quiet............. Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #568 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:17pm

I'm back.

The makeup table is assembled. Smiley All that is left is the wiring, putting in the bulbs and attaching the mirror. I finished putting the trim on the skirt last night and once all of the above is done and I've moved the table into place, I'll work on the problem of attaching the skirt. I found some really big snaps at Walmart and some trouser/skirt hooks which have given me ideas. I'll give them a test run and see how they work.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #569 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:45pm

Supper is finished here... Son ate THREE grilled cheese sandwiches!! Shocked That child has a hollow leg I swear!! I had a salad with mine, I'm trying to get back into eating more veggies again. I've been craving cucumber something fierce the last couple of days and I'm thinking the one in the fridge won't last much longer, we only got it this morning and it's more than half gone already!! LOL

NO I AM NOT "EXPECTING" before anyone asks!! Tongue

I am now once again attempting to do that !@#^&* reread/edit on #7's main manuscript file....... IF a certain little rabbit with HUGE EYES will stay away from the computer, some parts of #7 are NOT fit for youngsters!!  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:53pm

I am back again.

The rose bush is safe from deer although more work needs to be done. I still need to water it with fertilizer and I will say this: Whoever decided that hardware cloth should be sold in precut lengths rolled up into very TIGHT rolls and then wrapped with a ridiculous amount of fine wire and then shrink wrapped should be drug out into the street and kneecapped!
Just sayin'!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #571 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:23pm

I swear that child of mine has a sixth sense about each time I go to restore Word....... *SIGH* Can't do a reread when he's here, a romance novel like the one I'm writing is NOT fit for anyone under the age of 18...........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #572 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:49pm

Son is screaming at me each time I ask him to stay OUT of the computer area... I'm not going to get anything more done tonight so I'm going to give up and let him have the dratted computer!!  Smiley

I'm NOT amused at all right now... I spent more time in the last two hours getting him out of the computer area than reading!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.................................... Smiley

Looks like I'll have to do the reread tomorrow while Hubby is running errands. Roll Eyes At least then I won't have two males yelling at me or flapping their gums!!! Smiley

Have a great night everyone, see y'all at the usual school morning time.

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #573 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:51pm

Dealing with dear is easy, especially with larger plots of land.  Plant something they like even better away from your garden.  Blackberry hedges are great.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #574 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:06am

Nite, VE.

I'll keep that in mind for a long term solution, D. For now, it's gonna have to be hardware cloth and stakes to keep them at bay.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Send TopicPrint