Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35947 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #600 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:21pm

I got the hardware I ordered for the wardrobe today. It is so pretty. I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #601 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:21pm

I'm heading out now, we'll be leaving pretty much as soon as Son gets off of the bus. Not sure if I'll be back any more today or not, it all depends on when we get back, how I'm feeling and if Son will get any Rocket Bowl time this evening or not (he only gets that on his AWESOME school days).

Have a great day everyone... I will be back, either later this evening or the regular time in the morning for a bit before I dive into my all day writing session! Cheesy

*waves*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #602 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:38pm

Nite, hon!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #603 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:20pm

BOO!!

I decided to come back for a couple of hours before Son had his rocket bowl time. He's getting the computer sometime between 7:30 and 8 so I'm here until about then. Tongue

Everything went great and I'm starting to get ready for tomorrow's LONG writing session.

I also found out there is only TWELVE full days left of school before the last day, which is on the 29th and only 2 hours or so, it's basically a day for the students to get their report cards and wish everyone a happy summer. That means I have only TWO FULL DAYS to write before summer vacation starts... Unless Hubby decides to take off for the day sometime... *GEARS TURNING AS SHE PLOTS!!*

Anyway, time to get caught up again and open #7 so I can plot on what to work on tomorrow or jot down some ideas. Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #604 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:43pm

Welcome back!

The schools are already out in this area although a few might still be in session.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #605 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:01pm

Thanks!

We start late and end late here... The first day of school isn't until September 6th... It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG summer.................... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #606 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:23pm

I haven't checked but school has been starting the second or third week of August for the last several years.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #607 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 9:29pm

It's always started in September here as long as I can remember, it was like that when I was attending school too.

I guess we're just weird up here in Canada with some things! LOL Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #608 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:56pm

We used to start in September too but the state legislature decided that the school year had to run 180 days and since schools have traditionally let out around the last weekend in May, they have to start the school year earlier or do without breaks.

Post 24,924
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 1:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #609 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 1:46am

I've been wresting with the wire for the makeup table lights. It's heavy and wants to whip around while I'm trying to get the plugs on. No success yet, sad to say but I WILL bully this wire into place eventually!

I was able to grab a pic of the wardrobe door handles I got. They have a good solid feel to them and they are gonna look great.

31oNFidvR9L.jpg ( 13 KB | Downloads )
31oNFidvR9L.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #610 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:01am

Dinner is over, Skywise is home and tomorrow is gonna be a busy day so I'm gonna head out while I'm still coherent.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:03am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #611 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:22am

OOOOH!  Love the handles Penth!

I actually think the difference between the school year in Canada compared to the US is partially due to old (still in force) regulations and our farming seasons.  Prime gardening season here is shorter.   It is also legal here for children to be able to miss school without fear of penalty to work the harvest on the farm.  Not sure how many people besides farmers are aware of that.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #612 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:41am

Morning!

RT, I didn't know that at all, I always thought my province started off so late was due to the fact that we tend to get more hurricanes in August and September than we do in any other month. Huh. You learn something new everyday I guess! LOL Cheesy Cool that it's still in effect even though most of the time, children don't help out a lot with things like that nowadays out here at least.

Penth, those handles are GORGEOUS!! I love them!! Cheesy

It's another writing day for me, my second to last of the school year. I'm getting "visions" of what will lie ahead in various spots of the second half of the story, including one HUGE event that will set off an even bigger chain of events than even the reader will realize at first! Yeah, that's going to be interesting and fun to write up! LOL

I'm here for a couple of hours before I dive into the writing. I'll be doing a reread on things before I actually settle into "Writing Mode" but that will be offline so I don't get distracted. Tongue

Time to finish getting caught up and get things shoved into Son's bookbag.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #613 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 11:40am

I'm starting to get the urge to write, so I'm heading out for a few hours. I'll be back after Son gets home from school.

See y'all on the other side and have a great Friday everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #614 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:18pm

Afternoon.

We back from town Smiley and I'm ready to fold. Maybe it is the energy in town but I'm extremely jumpy right now. I just want to chill for a while and get settled.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #615 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:23pm

Smiley

I'm back too... Son's bus was early and I didn't hear from the school about it until AFTER the bus got out to the stop and the driver HONKED until I ran out there!!!  Smiley

I'm NOT out of "writing mode" yet, I need a bit to make the transition out of it... I'm still wanting to continue where I left off, I was almost ready to wrap up a scene and start another one when the darn bus honked its horn!!!  Smiley

YEESH!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #616 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:48pm

Welcome back.

I haz a lapful of demanding WP!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #617 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:54pm

Thanks. Cheesy Give Miss Furbaby some love for me please, she's a little darling!

I am now trying to do a full reread on the stuff I wrote up last night and this morning (editing too!)... I'll finish it IF my son will give me a half hour of peace and quiet AWAY from the computer area!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #618 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:30pm

I'm trying to get caught up on all my internet reading. It's been a pretty quiet week then BOOM there is interesting stuff everywhere.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #619 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:46pm

I suppose I should update the blog.......... And my "writing clubs" in FB about my progress today.

I feel like the walking dead but I STILL want to write... *muttering something under her breath about the story not leaving her alone!!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #620 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:03pm

I hear you, VE. I've ate, slept, played, shopped, toured museums and "had sex" with Keyholder's Castle for most of the last six years and I'm not done yet.... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #621 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 9:35pm

If anyone would understand, it's a fellow writer like you Penth!

Untitled #7, or it's NEW CODE NAME, "NR", has only been really haunting me since last year (despite the original idea being conceived in 2010) but it's literally starting to take over a good chunk of my life.

Yesterday when we were at the doctor's office, I got an idea and started typing it into the memos part of my phone, which prompted a LOT of dirty looks from my husband.... Until I told him I had an idea pop into my head, then he shut up and distracted Son so I could finish it! (Son was trying to look at the phone screen and would have read it out loud... ARGH!) I'm just glad I remember to take that thing with me so I can do things like that!! LOL

I lay in bed at night and bounce around ideas, I do it while I'm watching TV (keeping the cell beside me!), I do it while I'm driving (NOT GOOD most of the time!), while I'm washing dishes or even out at the bus stop in the mornings while trying to pay attention to what the neighbor's daughter is saying!

Even now, I have a picture of a scene starting to focus in the brain but with Son around, NOT a good idea to start writing it up, it's not exactly PG rated...  Smiley... And although it's not exactly a "major" scene, it's not exactly a minor one either... Hehehehehe........ Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #622 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:10pm

Any scene that moves the story forward or contributes to character development is a major scene!

I am very frustrated at the moment. I have the wire for the makeup table lights wired into the plug but I can NOT get the plug to close. I may say something obscene and get a different kind of plug tomorrow. I got these at Walmart, they are made as a single piece that folds up and I have a feeling that everything has to be obscenely precise for the "dratted" thing to close! I have given up for the moment, I've been literally wrestling with the thing for the last few hours and frankly, my hands hurt.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2012 at 4:03am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #623 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:16pm

That's true Penth! You know what scene I'm talking about and... Well, not saying more about it cause it's NOT fit for a PG board! LOL

Does this cover it:

*BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!*

I'd be saying a few choice words myself... And keep in mind my father was a former fisherman and my siblings and I had quite the education with "bad words"... *sheepish grin* Thankfully with a widdle bunny here, I've learned to keep things a LOT cleaner... Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:16pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #624 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:49pm

Yep, that covers it.

WP is back in my lap....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41
Send TopicPrint