Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 36007 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #650 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:59pm

And I'm too far away to stage an intervention...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #651 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 4:00pm

I'm getting to that point myself! LOL

Still writing................ Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #652 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 4:54pm

I am almost done that scene I started at 2 a.m. last night........... Just have to finish that one paragraph and I'll be DONE..........

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #653 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 5:43pm

Done, and so is the first edit of the scene.....  Smiley

Two more scenes are starting to come into focus... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #654 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 8:47pm

It's starting to rain and I think I hear thunder off in the distance. I'm out of here!!

See y'all tomorrow, have a great night everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #655 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 9:55pm

Sorry I missed you. Nite.

Post # 24,949
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2012 at 10:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #656 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 10:47pm

I did some work downstairs today. The makeup table is nearly in position and I'm almost finished with the skirt. I've started straightening up down there and my idea for the clothes pole in the wardrobe should work without too much hassle. Projected start time on wardrobe assembly is Friday. Smiley Gods willing, I should have it up by this time next week.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #657 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 3:43am

The weekend is winding down and the kits are winding UP. They've had long naps and are awake. They are turbocharged and have found a jingle ball.
You can guess the rest.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #658 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:34am

*sigh* It's still nuts out in the cyberverse but I "think" it's a little less hostile and negative vibration wise. I hope so anyway. Too much negativity makes my head hurt! The humidity is climbing so we may, might, actually get some rain tonight/tomorrow. I hope so, we are falling behind in the rain total department.

Anyway, it's late, I'm tired and I'm gonna haul my little self to bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #659 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:31am

Morning!

That's okay Penth! I did what you suggested, take some time off from writing and the computer... So I vegged in front of the TV with Fluffy One and tried not to think of the story. (Sorta worked for a bit during Mythbusters!)

It's another cool morning. YECH. I am so ready for the warmer weather, we've hardly had a lot of it since June started for crying out loud!!

Hubby said something about running to town today, he forgot to pick up Son's meds yesterday so I will be deep into NR/#7 at some point. I have a couple of scenes running through my head that I may write up today or this week if not done today. Yeah, it's still driving me NUTS!!

I'll be here while Hubby's home... Time to get caught up and pack Son's book bag.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #660 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 1:03pm

Hubby is heading up town now so I'm going to head out to see if I can get more done on NR/#7.

Be back later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #661 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 4:42pm

Afternoon! We are home and JUST about done with a major scrubbing out and refilling of litter boxes -- five of them. The cats are intrigued. Skywise is soaked -- he did the dumping and scrubbing of the boxes and I did the sweeping up and cleaning of the floors. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #662 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 5:06pm

I'm back. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to  Smiley but I'm here.................. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #663 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 5:31pm

Smiley VE. That is an unfortunate consequence of sharing work/living space with other people -- especially when you can't put a couple of locked doors between yourself and the rest of the world!

I am pleased. I dug out my portable dvd player which hasn't been used in years and it STILL works! This is good because I have three dvds on various types of "special" makeup (vamp/goth, retro and glamour) and it is recommended that you have your makeup table set up next to a dvd player so you can follow along with the dvd. The arrangement in the basement won't allow that so having a portable player ON the table solves that problem. I also got some lower wattage bulbs for the lights so the "searchlight" effect should be considerably toned down once I change them.
Things are shaping up nicely after a certain amount of delay...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #664 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 5:57pm

Smiley Thanks Penth. It is a PITA... I've always said that if we ever built on to this house or moved into a bigger place, I'd love to have a "computer room" where I wasn't in the way of traffic between rooms and could shut the door to shut out the rest of the world when I'm in a writing mood and Hubby is home. Unfortunately, my house is smaller than a freaking shoebox and the only place we have for the computer is in the cubbyhole across from the foot of the stairs, right in the traffic zone between the kitchen/main door/bathroom and the living room. Roll Eyes

When I'm here alone with Son, it's good because I can keep an eye on him no matter where he is in the kitchen or living room and still be at the computer, but the flipside is that when Hubby is in one of his "moods" and starts going back and forth between the !@#$%^& TV and the kitchen, he distracts me and drives me crazy!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #665 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:03pm

Rhetorical question:

Why do people -- a lot of them -- seem to think that if they scream, holler, stomp their feet and insist at the top of their lungs in the manner of out of control two year olds on speed that they will somehow force the world/universe/events/other people to be/do/turn out/act like they demand that they do? Sometimes, "things" are too big or we aren't in a position to do anything but wait and watch. Or both. I guess that some people's egos simply can't handle that. The feeling that something important is out of their hands and there isn't a "darn" thing that they can do to influence the outcome makes them insane and since "making a difference" is what they are all about, they increase the volume and keep trying. And failing.

I guess that was the point of the last five years. Learning to wait, more or less patiently, for things (like paying off karma) to work themselves out and then more patient waiting for what comes next.
A lot of people are "waiting" right now and, sad to say, most of them aren't being very gracious about it. Their need to "make themselves heard" and "to make something happen" does nothing constructive and only increases the world's stock of useless noise. *sigh*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #666 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:12pm

People who do the "temper tantrum" thing like you describe drive this chickie crazy................. Roll Eyes

Smiley is on tonight... I'm thinking about keeping track of how many words Chef Ramsay screams that are bleeped out... I'm thinking it's going to be a LOT this week... As always!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #667 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:25pm

They make me want to take them over my knee, blister their butts and then send them to their rooms for a long time out with no video games, computer, dvd or cd access! Act like a child, get treated like a child. I've been observing some different facebook groups over the last few days and I keep asking myself "THESE are adults?"

And I wonder how many people tune into that show just to see him blow his top.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #668 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 6:44pm

I started watching HK because my MIL talked about it all of the time and wanted to know what it was all about. I wound up getting hooked on it. I am a fan of Chef Ramsay, when he's on a show like Kitchen Nightmares or MasterChef, he shows his teacher side and is really a good guy under all that bluster. With HK, the people that are cooking are supposed to know what they're doing so he's in "boss" mode, meaning that if they mess up, they're dead meat! The first time Hubby watched it and Chef Ramsay said "*BLEEEEEEEEEEEP* ME!!* (they didn't smudge out his mouth during that episode so you could still read his lips!), Hubby's jaw dropped a mile!!  Smiley I had been watching it for a while at that point and knew what to expect!

Yeah, a lot of people have admitted they watch it only to see Chef Ramsay blow up, they think it's funny.

I also have two of Chef Ramsay's cookbooks and yes one can really see his teacher side in them, they are very well done with very clear instructions, love them! Cheesy

I know it, I avoid a lot of the groups out there for a lot of things because of some people who do that!! I'm in several groups in FB but thankfully the ones I'm in are either filled with good people (Sanctuary's group for example), I run them (I have a BE NICE rule in all of my groups) or the group itself is quiet!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #669 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 7:43pm

Hmm... Debating something... Have the leading man find out something before or after a certain turning point? I was thinking "after" but now I'm wondering if it would be best to be in there "before".... Smiley

Gotta think on it. After I do an edit on what I got done and possibly if I can get this one scene finished........ And that's one HUGE "IF"!!!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #670 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 8:12pm

In spite of the SunLord's assistance, the wiring on the makeup table is secured, the light bulbs are changed and the table and the storage units under it are in place. Smiley All that is left is attaching the mirror -- which I'll be doing next -- and putting on the table skirt which isn't quite ready for its "field test." On Wednesday, I start painting the top and sides of the wardrobe. I intend to start assembly on Friday, Gods willing.
Almost done..... (more Smiley )

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #671 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:29pm

Looks like I don't have to dig out the frying pan, the rope or the duct tape after all...  Smiley

I'm going to try to finish that one scene (MAJOR turning point!) and then do an edit while Hubby and Son are FINALLY being quiet and leaving me alone for the first time today!!

Going idle for a bit. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #672 - Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:41pm

I have FINALLY gotten the mirror mounted to my satisfaction!  Smiley (<----- We really need this smiley in RED. ) Unfortunately, it took two attempts to get it right and as a result, I have pieces of mirror mounting tape visible below the mirror (I mounted it too low the first time.) If I can't get them off without destroying the finish I may have to come up with something decorative to mount in that spot to hide it.
Wheels are already turning.

The table skirt is all that is left and I "should" be able to "field test" it tomorrow. If the test is successful, the table will be done. If not, I'll need to think some more about how I want to do the skirt. In the meantime, I need to be thinking about dinner.....
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #673 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 3:40am

Dinner is almost done --- homemade pizza with crust made from scratch takes a while -- and I've been truthful on facebook. That likely won't be popular with some people who regard themselves as "truthful" but I don't give a "darn." Less than a "darn" actually. Any truth that they don't like, they call "delusion" and I laugh at the transparency of their motives.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #674 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 5:09am

I'm a very happy girl! My internet searches have finally turned up a seller of dance shoes that carries shoes in my size and with the low heels I prefer. The prices are more than reasonable even though the shoes are custom made. In fact, even with the extra I'd have to pay for my size, they cost less than the mass produced footwear that I've seen elsewhere. I can't justify the expense now but by the end of this year or early next, I'm gonna be ordering some dancing shoes.
And I'll dance like no one is watching...

And on that note, I'm gonna head out. Skywise isn't home yet -- overtime, obviously -- and I have a couple of things to I can do while I'm waiting.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41
Send TopicPrint