Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 36052 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #725 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:44pm

*giggle* Since you write hot, steamy romance that could be a bit of a problem...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #726 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:52pm

I know it! *sheepish grin* I try to write the "naughtier" stuff when I'm ALONE so no one but the furballs see how red my cheeks are....  Smiley

Although I do admit to being ONLINE while writing Draft 2 of the first love scene.... But since no one could see how red my face was, that really didn't count... Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #727 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:54pm

LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #728 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:25pm

Let's just say that if my mother reads this after it's published, there is about *checks manuscript* a four chapter block that may have her blushing and scolding me from time to time.... And that's only in part of the FIRST HALF... The second half may be even MORE racier by times....  Smiley

In other words, I'll be a DEAD DUCK... Heh.  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #729 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:34pm

But you will be so happy to be published that you won't care!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #730 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:39pm

True! I'll probably be floating so much I won't feel the pain when she strings me up by the ears and shoots me!!  Smiley

PEEVE ALERT: I hate it when the picture of a scene starts "gelling" when the guys are home! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #731 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 12:37am

Well, the top of the wardrobe is downstairs. It wasn't tacky the last time I checked so I brought it down. Getting it down the stairs was "interesting" and confirmed my feeling that trying to get the sides downstairs by myself was a MAJOR bad idea so Skywise and I will get that done tomorrow. I've assembled the "inside" of the wardrobe and discovered that I need to cut an inch off of the clothes pole. That's a minor detail and I'll take care of that before bed. I hope to get it all assembled tomorrow and set upright on Saturday. I'm probably not going to get it all done before Skywise leaves tomorrow and the wardrobe weighs in at 195 pounds or thereabouts and I can NOT manage that by myself. Or maybe I could but I'd be an idiot to try, given that "accidents happen." So he and I will wrestle it into place some time on Saturday and get it stabilized. I'm also going to get at least one door primed on Saturday -- Friday, if I have time -- so it can get started on curing. The end is in sight, thank the Immortal Gods! By this time next week, I should have my space back in shape and be practicing.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #732 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:02am

Skywise is home, dinner is over and I'm heading out. I haven't gotten the clothes pole cut. I am TOO tired and I'd really like to get it right on the first try!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #733 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:16am

Morning everyone.

It's another writing day for me... Son will be going to school and on his field trip (whether he likes it or not!), and Hubby works all day today.

I stayed up a little late last night trying to work on a scene but things were not working so I gave up. I'll be trying to fix and work on it today, and probably at least one or two more if I can do it in my allotted writing time!

I'm around for a while before going offline to dive into NR/#7. Time to finish getting caught up and get things going so Son can get on the bus on time. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #734 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:53am

Son should be at school by now... And I'm half expecting a phone call from his teachers saying he's panicking any time now... Roll Eyes

He'll be FINE once he realizes his TA will be right there with him the WHOLE FLIPPING TIME.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #735 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:58am

Heading out for a few hours to see if I can write now... I'll be back in a few hours, have a great Friday everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #736 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Morning.
I'm here but I'll be in and out until the wardrobe is assembled. Skywise hasn't brought the side panels down yet but then, he doesn't know I'm up. I was still in bed and half asleep when he got dressed and took the cats out. I'll grab some tea and a bite and then let him know I'm up and ready to start working on the wardrobe. I've already cleaned up the cat barf on the rug in the practice area. *sigh* That seems to be SunLord's favorite place to heave nowadays. Thank the Gods that it is all "utility" carpet down there!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #737 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:37pm

The Good News is that I can get both doors on the saw horses -- barely, but they are on them -- so they can cure at the same time.

The Bad News is that I'm going to need to put a second coat on the doors and I'm not sure that I have enough primer left.

And I'm currently trying to get white primer out of a black shirt. Gonna have to dig out a white tee for the second coat.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #738 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 4:32pm

Good News: The sides are in the basement and I'm in the process of installing the hardware. Currently taking a break.

Bad News: The paint is chipping off at the slightest provocation. MUCH "touching up" in my future, I'm afraid. Fortunately, once it is up, only the doors will be in danger of "dings" from the surrounding furniture when they are opened.
I might have to add some hardware to prevent that....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #739 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:52pm

Smiley Smiley

I'm back... Five and a half hours worth of writing is done for the day and I not only finished that scene I wrote up last night, I also got TWO more scenes done, one minor one and one MAJOR one that starts things to speed up again in the second half!!  Smiley

I'm still in transition mode because I was still editing/adding stuff when the alarm went off to go to the bus stop.. Bear with me until I'm more into "moderator/mother" mode please.

And in more news, Son had a WONDERFUL time at the historical site today during his class trip. WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!  Smiley He got off the bus, chattering my ear off about the pigs, the cows, the chickens and the sheep and how he saw how they made wool back in the early 1800s!!

THANK THE GODS!!!  Smiley

I'm here for a couple of hours... I'll be doing dishes from time to time but I'll be here!! Cheesy  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #740 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:09pm

YAY! for the writing and the successful field trip!

I went up and put a second coat of primer on the doors. Surface tension is apparently causing the primer to collect in some spots and while leaving others barely covered and the effect is awful. I'm hoping that the second application will help. Skywise and I will put our heads together over the problem some time tomorrow. If we decide a third coat is necessary I'll have to get more primer. I've used every drop I had left today. If we decide to go to "paint" I'll start that next weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up needed three coats...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #741 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Thanks Penth! I've done a little editing on it while the little guy has been playing on his game console. I think I got the first draft of that major scene down just about pat... Goes to show what I can do if I have peace and quiet and am NOT disturbed by kids, cats or husband!!!

Drat about the primer's first coat... I hope the second one works properly!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #742 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:45pm

Thanks. Skywise and I will look it over tomorrow and see how it looks and we'll decide what to do then. If I ever decide to do something like this again, I'm going to seriously consider peeling the laminate off of the areas I want to paint. I think it would be better for my disposition!

I am now going downstairs to work on putting this thing together. Be back in a while...
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #743 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:17pm

Considering how much trouble you're having with this one, yeah, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea peeling or sanding it off before painting next time!!

And I just realized I forgot to add in something in a much earlier part of Part 2... I'm going to add that in quickly if Son will stay away from teh computer and give me a few minutes of peace!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #744 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:20pm

Got it done, only needed a short paragraph to explain something! Cheesy

Did I eat that onion?  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #745 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:14pm

I'm back...  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley It is mostly assembled....
I still have some hardware in the form of corner braces to install on the bottom and the back to put on which is gonna be modified with the addition of glue (the back is cardboard), flat corner braces and T-plates/braces and I want to do some work on the clothes pole before I put the back on 'cause if I need to remove that pole, I'd have to take the back and one side off and I'd like to avoid that.... Putting the back on might just wait until tomorrow. It's definitely going to take Skywise, me, considerable ingenuity and much moving of everything that can be moved to get that monster upright! Smiley
I am tired and my body is calling me a wide variety of foul names. Aspirin and crashing for a while seem like a SPLENDID idea.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #746 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:26pm

YIKES Penth. Shocked

I'll be here for a while longer if you want to go crash. I've been busy getting another blog up and making sure everyone who wants an update knows where to find it.

We're eating supper here, pizza. I didn't feel up to cooking one of our usual "gourmet" meals here so Hubby said it was okay to slap the frozen pizza into the oven, so I did. After I loaded it with a few extra things like red pepper!

I'll be here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #747 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:29pm

Then I'll be crashing as soon as WP lets me up!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #748 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 8:45pm

Understood! I'm getting caught up in another site now (another tab) and I'm going to open a game in FB to play while I wait for the aspirin to kick in.

Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #749 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:52pm

That's it for me. I'm going to grab my cat, crash on my chair and hand the computer over to my Son for a while.

Have a great night everyone. See y'all sometime tomorrow. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41
Send TopicPrint