Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 36034 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #750 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:00pm

Night, hon.

Must be telepathy. I woke up about 15 minutes ago.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #751 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:27pm

Humidity is currently 18%. That's gonna put a real damper on fireworks sales. NOT that I'm complaining! Some of the neighbors go nuts when they get their hands on fireworks! Peace and quiet in the run up to the 4th sounds heavenly.

I've been looking at the hinges that come with the wardrobe and I'm not going to have to worry about the doors hitting anything when they are opened. The hinges won't allow them to open that far and I think that they are the type that hold a door closed so I won't have to install any magnetic catches. Which is good. I'm getting tired of "installing."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #752 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 3:29am

Danger Princess is chasing the Prince all over the house. He's getting annoyed and wants outside but it ain't happening this late. I hope he can find a place to hide from her or we're going to have a noisy night....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #753 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 4:46am

This is my 25,000th post....
Talkative little thing, aren't I?
Sanctuary is soon to begin its seventh year -- where has the time gone? -- so I guess having that many posts isn't THAT outrageous. 

Skywise just got home and the aspirin I took earlier has worn off. And unfortunately, the body is once again calling me foul names in multiple dialects and plotting armed insurrection! So I am going to take more aspirin and take my little self to bed. I'm hoping to be able to walk when I get up. I was on my knees a lot today putting the wardrobe together and my knees and a concrete floor do NOT mix well! [OUCHIE!!]

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #754 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 12:03pm

Morning!!

I woke up about 20 minutes ago... After going to bed around 9:15 last night! Guess I was more tired than I thought I was... Cheesy I woke up with both cats on the bed with me, one on each side. Noelle was purring to beat the band and Amber was rolling (flirting). It was nice, except it's hotter than an oven upstairs and it's just after 9 a.m. here... It's going to be a scorcher out there I think.

That's right, Sanctuary will be 6 years old on THURSDAY!!! Smiley Good grief it feels like we just celebrated its 5th birthday yesterday... Goes to show just how crazy things have been for the time to pass by that quickly! I've only been a member here since late 2010 but I'm closing in on my 7,000th post so I guess I'm a bit of a chatterbox by times too... Cheesy

I hope the humidity in my area drops and stays down too Penth... Canada/Dominion day is coming up on July 1st and even though it's on a Sunday this year, people in this area will celebrate all weekend with fireworks, gunshots, etc. Roll Eyes I'm just glad some of them are smart enough to shoot the fireworks so they go OVER the lakes back here for safety reasons!! (one small lake to the SW of our house, the large one is to the east)

I'm going to get caught up now... And it looks like there's a LOT in my main sites... Shocked AND another coffee... I'll have regular now and then switched to iced coffee, it's that warm in here already! Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #755 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 3:52pm

It's not as warm out there as I thought it was... With the wind, it's about 70F, which is perfectly comfortable to me! I imagine with the sun beating down on the roof, the upstairs will be like an oven by the time the sun sets though... Thank the gods for AC up there!

Noelle is passed out on the living room windowsill, facing south, Son is playing with Legos and Ambers is sitting on top of the cat food station (it's on top of a low bureau), looking out the window in the main door. Hubby is in town shopping. It's nice and peaceful but I'm expecting kid and cats to get crazy any time now... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #756 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 4:30pm

Ugh, I wish the pine pollen would BUGGER OFF... It's only starting to come out here yet all three of us are sneezing, coughing, etc from it. When it hits its height, we're going to be even worse!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #757 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 5:02pm

I've been reading the second half (draft 1) of NR/#7 and where the leading man discovers something BIG isn't working where it is in the story... I have to take it out, edit the rest of what's written up after it and put it back in at a later time in the story so the conflict is a lot better... *SIGH* That's a project for this coming week, probably Tuesday because I can't continue on in the second half of it until that's fixed, and since it's a big job, I want peace and quiet with NO distractions, meaning NO CHILDREN and NO HUSBANDS around.

Trial by fire for learning or what??? SHEESH!! *head desk*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #758 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 5:35pm

Afternoon. I'm here finally.
It's 89 degrees F out there and I got too hot. I'm currently trying to cool off with A/C and iced tea. Hopefully this sick/dizzy feeling will subside soon. I got stuff I need to be doing! While I'm cooling off, I'll get caught up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #759 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:01pm

Skywise is out cutting grass and I'm feeling a bit better so I'm going to head downstairs and work on the wardrobe. I'll be back periodically to check on things.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #760 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 7:05pm

I'm still here... I've been writing up a few things in my Notes file on the computer and mulling over what I have to do editing wise with that !@#$%^&* too early scene and how to do it just right....

Smiley <--- Me swearing at myself.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #761 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:19pm

Looks like I owe my youngest BIL a prank... He is SOOOOOOOOOOOO dead for that one!!!  Smiley

*STARTS PLOTTING*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #762 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 9:05pm

That's it for me. I'm going to head out and hand the computer over to Son for a while.

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back sometime in the morning, hopefully with that freaking "PROBLEM" in the second half of NR/#7 FIXED.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #763 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 9:36pm

Nite!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #764 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:34am

After much blood, sweat and swearing, the wardrobe is more or less assembled. And...

It is NOT "square."
Which means the back won't fit. There are no words sufficient to express my extreme annoyance at this circumstance. Skywise is currently downstairs assessing the situation. It could be that all that's required is the application of testosterone fueled muscle to bully the parts into a closer fit. I hope that is all that's needed. Otherwise I'm gonna be one very put out lady.

I've been consoling myself by looking at affordable, custom made dancing shoes. Long about my birthday, I'm gonna get me some pretty footwear! I'll probably even get a pair to wear for "non-dancing" occasions that call for "dress" shoes since finding pretty/nice shoes in my size qualifies as "torment of the damned..."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #765 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 1:54am

One side is now square.

It is amazing what you can do with a hammer when you are SERIOUSLY POed.....  Smiley

And I managed to avoid chipping the paint....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #766 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:57am

I don't know if I'll get back downstairs tonight or not. My left knee is cramping (only way to describe the sensation) the fingers of my right hand are cramping and the Warrior Princess is draped over my left arm....
Yes, I've taken aspirin....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #767 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:53am

I am tired and achy and I'm gonna take it to bed!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #768 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:39am

Morning.

I woke up with a headache today so if I'm quiet or seem a little grumpy that's why.

I didn't get *BLEEP* done on the manuscript last night. I just didn't feel up to it. I'll do it tonight or sometime between today and Tuesday.

UGH about the wardrobe not being fully square Penth, that would drive me ballistic!  Smiley Hopefully y'all can get it fully fixed without chipping the paint and all.

I'm here for now. Hubby is at work and the little guy is playing games on his console so maybe after Son's pills kick in and I wake up a little more, I'll attack something with the manuscript... AFTER I get caught up that is.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #769 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:44am

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #770 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:52pm

Ugh, looks like I'm going to have to take EVERYTHING out that I written up in that second half file including part of that one scene, and everything after it and rework it all in another file then splice it back in.

*HEAD DESK*

Son's behaving so I'm going to start that right now and see what I can get done today while he's being quiet and GOOD....

Here but idle.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #771 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 1:16pm

Things are going good so far in the edit, I have the majority of things that refer to that part removed already and am now starting to fill in the rest of the scene it was removed from with something else.

After that's done, I'll be going over the rest of it with a fine-tooth comb to see if there is any small references to it and if there is, I'll take them out and rework that part of the scene to fit the rest again.

Still working but here. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #772 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 1:56pm

Okay... I THINK I have it all fixed now but I'll have to do another full edit/reread on it at a later time to make sure I have it done right.

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, once I got all references to it OUT of the story as things are now... The flashback that was written up referring to it will probably stay in to give the reader an idea of why things went the way they did but it's written in such a way that the reader doesn't know why it was said, etc just yet. If I take it out, or move it, well, it's a job for another day and after I do the reread/edit on it.

I do have the discovery itself saved in a special file and will work it in when the time is right... Which will be a little later on in the story, after things get "phoenix'ed" a little more, so to speak. Wink

I need aspirin, brain and neuralgia are hurting.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #773 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 2:33pm

Morning. I'm not feeling all that fabulous this morning either. Skywise cut the grass yesterday -- still no rain to clean the guck out of the air -- and now I have a stuffy nose and chest congestion. I hope it clears up as the day goes on. I'll start with tea....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #774 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:05pm

UGH Penth, I hate it when the air is like that! The pine pollen is now out in full force here, it's coating EVERYTHING and our car is now a bright yellow. GAG!! Smiley

I'm getting smooched up by a fluffy white furbaby.... I already fed her but she's probably looking for more yummies, knowing our Fluffy One... Roll Eyes

I'm thinking one more cup of half caff before I switch over to diet soda or ice water.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41
Send TopicPrint