Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 36053 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #775 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:19pm

Penth, when you get a chance, pop over to my FB profile... There's a link on it you may like to see... Just make sure you don't have any rabbits around when you look though. Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #776 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:31pm

There was a HUGE mass of rain headed this way last night but it fizzled before it got here so we have air filled with "guck" and humidity. My respiratory system is not especially happy today. *sigh*

The wardrobe is now as square as it is going to get. I've worked on it (i.e. pounded on the joints with the hammer) until little to no light shows through. It's not perfect but it is as close as I'm likely to get. Of course the backing material (a huge 48 inches wide by nearly 6 feet long piece of cardboard) isn't square either Smiley so I'm going to have to get it as "centered" as I can so the back is covered, tack it down temporarily, mark it and then cut off the excess where it shows. Smiley If I ever get another bright idea like this, Skywise may sit on me until it passes......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #777 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:45pm

Good grief, that wardrobe has been nothing but a PITA the last little while, I can see why he'd sit on you until the urge/idea passes... My husband does it to me when I get some idea that may or may not work too!!

Poor Hubby got one HECK of an earful of me swearing at myself last night when I told him I had a lot of editing to do on that !@#$%^& manuscript... He thought I was mad at him at first until I told him it wasn't him, it was ME that was ticking me off... I rushed things again and was ticked off about it. He got it and gave me a little encouragement, telling me I'm too darn hard on myself a lot of the time and I should just accept the fact I am part human and not let the "Klingon" side of me override it.

He's one to talk, he's a bloody Vulcan!!! Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #778 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:03pm

LOL

I'm headed downstairs to work on the wardrobe. Any sign of explosions or other violent activity from this quarter can be attributed to me.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #779 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:09pm

Understood!!

I just organized the contents of my memory stick I use for my writing backups... And made yet another backup of NR/#7's files. Can't be too careful with things like that considering how my computer went nutso on my about 15 months ago thanks to a stinking virus and I had to rebuild it from the OS up... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #780 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:31pm

I've found that I'm eating a lot more fresh vegetables since we got the new fridge... Don't get me wrong, I loved my old side by side one but it always seemed to freeze almost everything, especially if it was very cold outside... Meaning I'd have to use any fresh fruits or veggies the very day I got them or leave them out on the counter where they would spoil a lot faster.

With this new fridge I find I am going through a lot of veggies again but in a different way. They're getting eaten up because they don't freeze!!

The thermostat on the old one was messed up big time. We are keeping it as a backup in case something goes wonky with this one, and to use it hooked up in the shed, if we need it, like if someone is camping in our backyard or something. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #781 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Well, I've discovered the problem...

Part 1: The back is one eighth of an inch shorter on one long side than on the other.

Part 2: The wardrobe is one eighth of an inch TALLER on one side than on the other.

Therefore: There is NO WAY IN "HECK" that the back is going to fit without leaving an unacceptable gap somewhere along the edge.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

I have two options.

I can cut the backing into two or three pieces, fit them individually and "hope" that there aren't any gaps when I'm done. OR

I can buy three 24 inch x 48 inch sheets of 1/8 inch masonite and use THEM as the backing.

The last option costs more money but is less likely to DRIVE ME ANY FURTHER OUT OF MY MIND THAN I ALREADY AM!!

I'm getting short tempered as it is and that is not good!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #782 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:14pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:19pm:
Penth, when you get a chance, pop over to my FB profile... There's a link on it you may like to see... Just make sure you don't have any rabbits around when you look though. Wink

I did.

Thank you! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #783 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:19pm

LOL, anytime!! Wink

That was my reaction too.... Got the blood pumping I'll say that much! (It's downloaded for inspiration too!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #784 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:07pm

I've been slicing and dicing veggies... I'm making pasta for supper and will be making the sauce in a minute. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #785 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:35pm

The veggies are now softened, Hubby called and now I'm going to take a break for a few minutes and do a reread on the second half now that I have a few minutes... IF Son stays quiet and away from the computer area that is... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #786 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:15pm

Supper has been finished and consumed, now we're just vegging for a bit before finishing up things for the morning. Only six and a half days left before summer vacation! Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #787 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:38pm

I'm back. Sorry I went "poof." I tried one last thing that didn't work and crashed on the bed to wait for the laundry to be dried.
I fell asleep which I obviously needed. I feel some better.
Still bummed about the wardrobe though....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #788 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:46pm

No worries, things were quiet, which is the way I like it. I was playing games on FB (so was Hubby at one point while I made supper), relaxing, chatting with the gang in FB and even trying to do a reread... IF Son will stay away from the computer that is!! Roll Eyes

I don't think I'll be writing tonight... I'm tired and I kinda want to watch Mythbusters later... Veridian loves it when they blow something up! Muwahahahahahahahaha...............

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #789 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 9:59pm

I'm now in the process of setting up a page in FB with an old school friend of mine... Yes, I AM NUTS!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:23pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #790 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 10:48pm

Yes you are and so is Skywise!

I hadn't any more than made my last post when he herded us all out the door for a fast trip to town for a "snack."
We went, we saw, we snacked, we came home.
I'm pretty sure I'm in for the night....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #791 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:10pm

Admit it... Y'all wouldn't love me if I wasn't nuts!! Cheesy

Eh, that's okay Penth. I was kinda busy as you can see!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #792 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 11:18pm

I certainly DO see and I greatly appreciate your efforts!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #793 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:36am

Soooooo...... I go downstairs and start puttering around, getting as much out of the way as I can for when we can FINALLY put the wardrobe in place -- which is looking like mid-week at the absolute earliest 'cause we're making a catfood run to Walmart tomorrow and frankly, next weekend looks more likely for getting the masonite -- and because I do NOT like unpleasant surprises and I know our basement floor was not the most carefully poured one in the world, I grabbed my level and started checking. Sure enough the floor is nice and level until you get to about four inches from the base of the wall THEN it slopes upward...  Smiley Getting down on my knees on the concrete is NOT pleasant and I've done too much of that this weekend so I didn't get my nose down there and find out exactly how much slope we're talking but quick and dirty, it looks like about a quarter of an inch. I have informed Skywise and we'll be looking into the problem since we DO want to put the wardrobe against the wall so nothing like a kitten or a mouse can get behind there. *sigh* At least I found out BEFORE we started trying to put it in place. It would have fallen over sure as hell...
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:19am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #794 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:38am

Dinner is over. Aspirin has been taken (knees hurt like Smiley tonight) and my neck is bleeding. Unfortunately, there is no vampire around to take advantage of that circumstance and I'm really gonna have to be more careful of my fingernails...
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:44am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #795 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:30am

I'm having muscle spasms in my posterior. I'm not certain but I think that may be a hint to get out of this chair and stretch out so I'm gonna do that very thing!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #796 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 9:20am

Morning.

MB was great last night, you just can't beat flamethrowers and beefed up fire extinguishers! LOL

Son has school and Hubby has the day off today (one of only TWO full days he has off from work this week, including the weekend!) so it's hard to say what all is going on here. I may be offline for a bit if I decide to go shopping with Hubby or if he's gone for part of the day.. I'll be writing or editing if that's the case. Tongue

Time to get caught up and get a move on. Six full days left of school, including today... Holy smokes this school year went by so quickly! Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #797 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:08pm

In some cases, being "Bad" is a good thing... Especially if you're making others happy without hurting anyone!  Smiley

I'm also considering some changes to the one "scene" in the MCEWCA file... More detail and a few things changed here and there maybe??? Hmm.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #798 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 3:48pm

Morning. We're back from the catfood run. I'm hoping the aspirin will kick in shortly. You know it's bad when the pain invades your dreams. I'm hoping once I'm done "building" the knee pain will let up.

I've had food so all I need is to get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #799 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 5:46pm

Smiley is on tonight... YEAH BABY!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41
Send TopicPrint