Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVIII: Postzilla vs. The Post Monster! (Read 34095 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVIII: Postzilla vs. The Post Monster!
Reply #975 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:40pm

Morning. Smiley

YAY Penth! Hopefully y'all got enough of the wet stuff to refresh everything and y'all get enough to end that drought! We did get a little too but no thunderstorms like we were expecting. I'm thinking we'll get them over the weekend... The humidity is supposed to make it feel like its 30 C today, oh joy. Roll Eyes

Hubby works day shift for the next three days. Not that I mind it, better daytime than nights when we're expecting thunderstorms!

*singsong voice* I know what I'm getting for my birthday.... Hubby asked me something last night and that confirmed it for me. hehehehe!!! Cheesy

I'm here unless things go wonky between bouts of housework. Now to get caught up.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #976 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 3:45pm

Morning!
We're back from "payday shopping" or as much of it as we can do with the grocery store closed. We'll finish that up tomorrow on the way home.

Thanks, VE. We got enough rain last night for them to cancel the countywide burn ban. Hopefully, the neighbors won't go berserk burning stuff over the weekend!

Now to get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #977 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 4:51pm

We currently have one VERY ticked off kitty here...

She was sitting on the windowsill in the kitchen and started howling and growling, her tail was all pooffed up... For a short haired cat, it was HUGE.

I looked out the window and saw that one of the neighborhood kitties was sniffing around one of the cedar bushes in front of the house. Chubby was NOT happy to see another kitty in "her" yard even though she doesn't go outside.

"Stumpy", the other cat, went over and laid on our main doorstep and Chubby was walking around growling and howling. She only got even MORE upset when I went outside to say hello to Stumpy and will not come near me at all without hissing. Roll Eyes

Cats are funny creatures... VERY possessive of their hoomans too!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 5:04pm

hehehe One night a few years ago, the Queen was asleep in front of the back door with only the screen door between her and the outside. I was sitting here working and all of a sudden she hissed and ran past me. She had awakened to find one of the neighborhood cats looking at her through the screen door. The Queen was startled and not at ALL happy!

Skywise is getting ready for work and I'm gathering up recyclables to drop off tomorrow. The back end of the van is gonna be full coming and going...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #979 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 5:09pm

I don't blame her at all! Chubby is normally so laid back, to hear her hissing and howling startled me. She doesn't even hiss at Son when he is following her around and picking her up. (The look on her face is priceless, she's one funny kitty! It's a combination of "I do NOT like this!" and "I only put up with it because he's my hooman!")

She's still ticked off and won't let me pet her. Roll Eyes She'll get over it, especially when she wants to pretend she's a teddy bear tomorrow morning... CATS. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #980 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 5:25pm

No kidding!

Spirit was determined that the Prince wasn't going to disappear again today like he did on Wednesday. According to Skywise, she walked up to the Prince, said "I'm NOT leaving without YOU!", picked him up and hauled his furry little posterior back to the house. Skywise told him that he was "doomed" and the Prince has accepted it graciously. He's snoozing on top of the kitty castle.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #981 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 5:37pm

LOL! At least he's okay with that... I know when Birdie was still around, she would NOT have tolerated something like that. I would have had scratches from the tip of my head right down to the tip of my toes, she would have shredded me to bits!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #982 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 6:24pm

The SunLord would have been more bad tempered about it but the Prince is pretty easygoing, especially where Spirit is concerned.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #983 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 6:38pm

Hehehe, sounds like Son and Chubby. He can do almost anything to that cat and she just sits there, purring and taking it without doing a darn thing to him. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #984 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:09pm

Most of the time, any of the cats will let Spirit pick them up and put them inside when they'd have the rest of us running all over the yard. Spirit is our official "Catcher of Cats." Under normal circumstances, if she can't do it, none of us can!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #985 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:35pm

The Queen is giving me that "look" so it's time to take a break from Book 2. Be back in a while.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #986 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:22pm

Gotcha Penth. I'm here, I was just up making supper, that's why I didn't reply right away!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #987 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:43pm

I'm back. I'm currently rounding up the recyclables.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #988 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:46pm

Gotcha. I'm here for another 2 hours or so but will be doing dishes in a bit.

Chubby is still a little ticked off at me although she was all over Hubby and Son earlier. I swear that furball claimed ME as "hers" even though she is more of a "male's" cat, she prefers to lay on top of Hubby and will smooch up ANY male that comes through the door... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #989 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:52pm

Everything that I wanted to take to recycle tomorrow is in the van so that's checked off my "To Do list.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #990 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:22am

Skywise is home. I'm through Chapter 6 and I am BEAT! So I'm going to take my little self to bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe.Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #991 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 1:12pm

Morning.

I'm only here for part of the day, it's "Family Reunion Day" for my side of the family... We get together, celebrate my mother's, my aunt's and my birthday (our birthdays fall within 9 days of each other) and just catch up with everyone else. I'm not going until after Hubby gets home because we're still down to one vehicle and the way things are at the moment, it's best if he's there to keep me from landing in jail....  Smiley

I'm going to get caught up and start getting things together for this afternoon.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #992 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:56pm

Today is going by VERY fast... I have four hours or less before we have to leave... Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #993 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 4:27pm

I was right about the "less" part, my sister will be here in an hour to pick us up for the reunion!

I've been zooming around like crazy trying to get ready to go... I already tossed Son into the tub and have a lot of things packed in just a half hour!

I'm still not dressed and my warpaint isn't on yet... Doing that shortly!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #994 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:05pm

I'm dressed in my rose embroidered jeans and a Creed T-shirt, my hair is back in a ponytail and my warpaint is ON, all I have to do for myself now is just slap on the jewelery (earrings, rings and tiger's eye choker) and I'll be ready... I just have to remember to grab the sunglasses and cell too...

Son has to get dressed and I think that's it, we'll be ready to go. Sissy will be here in about 20 minutes! Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #995 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:16pm

Sissy will be here in about 10 to 15 minutes so I'm going to sign out for the day now. I don't think I'll be back after we get home, I'll be too tired.

Have a great Saturday everyone, see y'all sometime in the morning. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #996 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 5:36pm

You too, VE. Try not to kill anyone.
I'll be here the rest of the day around chores.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #997 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 6:50pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:28pm:
Slipped up to the Guest House while I could. It looks like Saturday's errands will include picking up a 2 x 4 sheet and 4 x 4 sheet of masonite, 1/8 inch if I can find it, 1/4 inch if I can't. Copious amounts of wood glue and wire brads should be sufficient to make it stick to the doors. I'll let you know how it goes.....

We made it to Home Depot. I couldn't find any masonite in the 4 x 4 size I wanted but I DID find some very nice 1/4 inch plywood in 2 x 4 feet sheets. It cost more than the masonite but it IS lighter which is a definite plus. Those darn doors are heavy enough as it is! Three 2 x 4 sheets will cover both doors with a minimum of seams so that's the route I'm taking. I KNOW that the plywood will take paint and I'm reasonably sure that the wood glue will stick to the laminate on the door I haven't stripped. I'll be sure of that before I start painting. I've got a few things to do here then I'll go up to the Guest House and start gluing. I'm going to start with the door that still has laminate on it. If I'm going to have to strip it, I want to know now....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #998 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 8:35pm

I've been up to the Guest House and plywood has been glued to the still laminated door. Many clamps have been applied and over 30 pounds of weights (from the weight set) are positioned in the middle where the clamps don't reach. The plywood is fractionally narrower than the door. I've done my best to minimize it but if it turns out to be too noticeable, I may have to get creative with trim. But in the meantime....
I need tea.
Aspirin might be a good idea too if my leg doesn't stop "complaining" at me. Time to get off the leg and see what develops.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #999 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:45pm

Just went up and checked on the wardrobe door and it isn't looking good. I tested two of the corners with a screwdriver and they came up. I'll wait until tomorrow to unclamp it and see for sure but as of right now, it looks like a failed experiment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 
Send TopicPrint