Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My Wandering Path... (Read 889 times)
Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

My Wandering Path...
Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
...or the Sita Just Needs A Place To Babble thread

I've been thinking about making a thread here for quite some time. Still not quite sure that it is even a good idea, but will give it a try.
The most definite things are what I should start off with, I guess. I believe without a doubt there is a spirit to the universe. It's just something I have always felt.

I also think that all the gods and goddesses various people and cultures believe in are just aspects of that one universal spirit. When it is having a cranky day and is in a destructive mood it's a War God, if they are in the mood for a good feast it's a Harvest God. That doesn't make sense, but that's the best I can describe.

So, that leaves the things I am not sure about. Which is pretty much anything else. I've never had an experience with any deity, ghost, spell, etc.
I have no reason to not believe people that say they have seen and felt things, but for me the only proof would be anything I could experience myself.
It's much the same as when a scientist says that there are atoms and other microscopic things, I go along with it but since I have not looked through a microscope and seen the virus or the DNA strand I don't know for a fact it is true.

But then that seems to be a side effect of my never ending thinking about things. And my somewhat stubborn wanting to think everything is not what it seems, like we are some massive holodeck program. There are times that I think my dreams are more real than the real world, especially the strange and unusual ones.

Where was I going with this? Yay for just random blabbering!

Oh, yeah. I need some focus I think. Something to look into and stick on for more than a short time (I easily will get interested in a topic, read about it for a few hours and then not give it another thought for months)

I wish that it was more comfortable to read on the computer. So many books and sites I have downloaded and bookmarked that I just forget about.

Bah, I'm wandering again. Guess that means it's a good time to either post this mess of words or just hit the delete key once again...

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: My Wandering Path...
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
"Babbling" is good, Sita. It helps you organize your thoughts.

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Re: My Wandering Path...
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Based on something I saw on Facebook the other day I'm going to start a new project.

Every day, a few times during the day, I'm going to write what has happened up until that point. Whether it's something as boring as what I had for breakfast or the rare occasion of something fun and/or interesting.

This will help me perhaps see that things aren't as bad as my brain lets me think. Also I'll be able to see where I need to work on stuff or just let go.

Think that this, out of all my Resolutions, will be something I can actually keep to.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint