Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40835 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #575 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:21pm

Afternoon.
I'm here finally. We went to Martinsville, shopped at Walmart, had lunch, paid the electric bills, drove to Bloomington and got groceries there and then came home. Smiley

AR, it sounds like he's really trying so don't give up yet. If he was doing nothing and putting all the blame for your problems on you and not taking responsibility for his part in it, it would be a different story but he is so "not giving up" is a reasonable course at this time. As for his family, Skywise's family made the same threat in attempt to either force me to join their church (Jehovah's Witnesses) or force him to leave me. We did neither and they disowned him -- except when his mom needs money -- then we hear from them. It's been difficult at times without family (most of mine bailed on us before we were married and the rest cleared out after Mom died) but we've managed. To be blunt, if they are THAT controlling, you don't need them in your life.

I'm exhausted, not enough sleep, so as soon as I get caught up and get a couple of things done in the kitchen, I'll probably crash like the Hindenburg for a few hours. I'll let you know when I head out.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #576 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:26pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:29pm:
He's taking steps in the right direction if he's going for help, etc and getting a job! Hopefully things work out that he gets a job he likes, that will help him keep moving in the right direction and keep him motivated, although in these times, anyone who has a job is lucky in my opinion. (NS has one of the highest unemployment rates in Canada)

I know there's a lot of hard work to go.  It's just a relief to know that's what he wants.  He told the friend that he loves me, he wants to be with me, and he's doing everything he can to make that happen.

So I'm leaving it up to him.  If it's what he really wants, he'll make it happen.

And I'm trusting Uni LOL  Everything happens for a reason, after all!

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #577 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:27pm

That's what they tell me! Trusting in Uni and going forward with your own goals is all you can do at this point.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #578 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:50pm

That's what I do too... Trust in the universe that it will lead me in the right direction and move forward!

Yes, it is a LOT of work but it can be done! I know of so many couples who have gone through a LOT less than you two have and gave up... The fact y'all are working on things on your ends while working toward being together again just shows how much you two care about each other in my opinion and how strong and determined you both are.

Sorry if I seem distracted... I've been doing a LOT of work on NR today and am "squashing" it down in places.

Penth, I'll be here until about 8ish my time so no worries about Sanctuary when you go crash. I'll just continue to work on NR if no one else is around. Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #579 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:55pm

I'm heading out now. I hope I won't be gone too long. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #580 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:58pm

Gotcha, Penth. No worries... And give that black beauty of yours some love for me please!

I'm here, working on NR and debating a few things... Hmm....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #581 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:59pm

Will do.
If I stay awake long enough!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #582 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:16pm

Hubby and I were discussing what we're doing on our Thanksgiving, which is about a week and a half away (Canada's is the same Monday as Columbus Day in the States). He will probably wind up working that day considering he's just a regular staff person, not management, we're hoping he gets day shift that day which would be 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. If he gets that, I'll make our dinner for suppertime, if he winds up getting the 3 p.m. to midnight shift, we'll have it for lunch instead.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #583 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:58pm

That's what Skywise and I used to do with he had no seniority and had to work the Thanksgiving holiday. And more than a few times, we had it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #584 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:05pm

Well, even when Hubby was management there years ago, he wound up working a LOT of holidays because the people who were supposed to work them would either not show up for their shift or call and say they were not coming in because they were "sick".

So this is nothing new for us at all. He worked there for ten years before leaving for three and has only been back there a year.

The only time he had guaranteed holidays off was those three years he was working at the car dealership... They were closed EVERY holiday, which was nice.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #585 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:20pm

My inlaws are soooooooooooo gross... *FACE PALM*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #586 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:57pm

Heading out for the night now. I have to zip down to the store before they close in an hour and let Son have his computer time... IF he wants it. Hubby got a new Super Mario game (multiple games like SM 2 & 3 on it) for the SNES and he's having a blast playing that... KIDS. LOL

Have a great night everyone.

I may edit for a bit when I get back from having a chat with my friend who is working tonight but not sure if I'll be back online or not. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #587 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:27am

Eh, I came back on. I'll probably be editing and such while around... Unless someone decides to post something goofy in here or FB and it distracts me! (Squirrel!!!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #588 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:51am

And................. Veridian gets distracted.

SQUIRREL!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #589 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:00am

Not posting on Facebook for a while at least. I'm working on dinner and trying to get sufficient cognitive function going to proofread.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #590 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:05am

Gotcha. I'm talking to a friend of mine I met in a Christian Witchcraft group via PM in there. He's a great guy and lots of fun. Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #591 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:21am

My friend Caren works for a home health care company, and there are a lot of nurses there who have patient notes that have to be filled out.  They have a tendency to get very, very behind putting these notes into the computer.  And so she referred one of the nurse's to me to do that for her.  They came over tonight and started showing me what to do.  And so I've started this new business, or really, just expanded my virtual assisting business.

And I'm really, really excited, because this is cash in my pocket every week.  And she'll be referring more and more nurses to me over time.  So I'll be busy all the time, and have more and more income all the time.  And I'll be able to do so many things so much faster.

But it also breaks my heart so much.  Because my husband should be here with me.  I can hear his voice telling me how proud of me he is, how excited for me he is.  He'd be so excited that we can now realistically look at getting a car for ourselves, and we can realistically look at getting our own place.

But he's not here to tell me that.  To celebrate with me.  And that makes this little victory so bittersweet.

But I have to do this.  For myself, for my son, for my husband.  For my family.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:30am

I understand. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #593 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:33am

Smiley I saw your post about it in FB... That is so awesome about the new work, AR.

I understand too. He'll let you know sometime, somehow.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #594 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:40am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:33am:
Smiley I saw your post about it in FB... That is so awesome about the new work, AR.

I understand too. He'll let you know sometime, somehow.

I'm looking at it this way.  Uni has been pushing me to get our own place for a long, long time, and I've been ignoring it.  Just flat out ignoring it.  Making excuses.

And suddenly, we got whalloped, and through this, it's become very clear that the ONLY way we'll save our marriage is to get our own place SOON.

And now?  Uni's opening up income possibilities that will make it that much easier to do so.  If I can get 10 new clients having me doing their nursing notes every day, with a minimum of $10 per nurse, that's $100 a day.  And that's $500 a week for about 3-4 hours of work a day.  And that's money that I can just set aside towards getting a place of our own ASAP.

Because I have to get him away from his parents.  He's bipolar.  Severely.  I've talked about it here before.  And his parents keeping a chokehold of control on him is NOT going to get him healthy in the long run.  They're the ones who made him that way.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #595 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:47am

Once he's in therapy and he and his therapist dig into things, they could very well come to the same conclusion.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #596 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:54am

Good grief, that's decent money, even for up here in Canada (things are very expensive up here, minimum wage is over $10/hr and the prices show it!).

Yeah, I find that a couple, married or not, that lives with someone other than their children tend to have a few extra problems with privacy, etc. I know because I lived with Hubby at his grandmother's place for four years, two years before we got married and a year afterwards. It wasn't very easy for us to have an argument, discuss things unless we went into our room or do much without Nanny right there.

She understood and did her best to give us as much privacy as she could though, she had the same thing her entire married life... She and her husband moved in with his aunt and uncles (siblings) right after they got married. They were supposed to buy their own home but it didn't work out like that and she hated it. Grampie didn't have mental health issues, neither does my husband (I do have ultra mild depression, not bad enough to take meds yet) so we all got lucky like that.

Yeah, having your own place would help a lot. You'd feel a lot more relaxed and wouldnt' have to worry about others poking in during "private time" by accident....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #597 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:57am

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:47am:
Once he's in therapy and he and his therapist dig into things, they could very well come to the same conclusion.

Agree!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #598 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:03am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:54am:
Good grief, that's decent money, even for up here in Canada (things are very expensive up here, minimum wage is over $10/hr and the prices show it!).

Yeah, I find that a couple, married or not, that lives with someone other than their children tend to have a few extra problems with privacy, etc. I know because I lived with Hubby at his grandmother's place for four years, two years before we got married and a year afterwards. It wasn't very easy for us to have an argument, discuss things unless we went into our room or do much without Nanny right there.

She understood and did her best to give us as much privacy as she could though, she had the same thing her entire married life... She and her husband moved in with his aunt and uncles (siblings) right after they got married. They were supposed to buy their own home but it didn't work out like that and she hated it. Grampie didn't have mental health issues, neither does my husband (I do have ultra mild depression, not bad enough to take meds yet) so we all got lucky like that.

Yeah, having your own place would help a lot. You'd feel a lot more relaxed and wouldnt' have to worry about others poking in during "private time" by accident....

Yeah, privacy is a HUGE issue.  And he's hyper-sensitive to other people's behaviors and moods, so the more people there are around, the more likely he is to be set off.

And of course, when there's a ton of people around, they all have an opinion about your relationship, and they aren't afraid to share it, which puts even more of a strain on things.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #599 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:10am

I know exactly what you mean.. And if there is a child of any age involved, they stick their noses in even more. That's why I was so glad when we got our own house. Don't get me wrong, I loved living with Nanny and missed her a LOT after we moved back here, but nowadays I couldn't live with someone outside of my husband and son, and the cat of course. I'm too set in my ways on how my house runs and what I do, etc. to live with a relative or friends now. We don't have room for anyone here so thankfully no one will ask to move in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40
Send TopicPrint