Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 41063 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #475 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:20pm

Smiley AR!!! Hopefully he can get the help he needs to move forward.

And like I told you yesterday, you're a strong, loving and really good person... Your positive attitude will keep you moving forward. Hugs and love!!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #476 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:25pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:20pm:
Smiley AR!!! Hopefully he can get the help he needs to move forward.

And like I told you yesterday, you're a strong, loving and really good person... Your positive attitude will keep you moving forward. Hugs and love!!  Smiley

I hope he can.  He seems to be taking the steps necessary.  He's looking for a job, something he hasn't done at all before, except with half-hearted effort.  He's staying with his parents.  And he just wants it done and over with like I do.  Neither of us want to drag it out, no matter how much we love each other.

My brother-in-law, his sister's husband, drove some paperwork out to him to sign to remove him from our joint account today, and he signed it without any argument, which is good.  I was worried that he'd fight this.

Of course, he hasn't been served with the PPO yet, and he hasn't been served with the divorce papers, which will be coming in the next few weeks.  I don't think it will really hit him until he is served the divorce papers.

I miss him though.  I do.  But I know that we just can't make it work.  Maybe it was just the wrong time for us.  I don't know.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #477 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 4:36pm

Yeah, him looking for a job and removing his name from your joint account is a step forward for him. Just like saying "enough" was a step forward for you.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #478 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 6:44pm

I've spent the last couple of hours putting in paragraph breaks where it looked like they would be needed...

NR grew another 4 pages because of that. I'm now up to 264 pages in the main manuscript file.

Holy carp fish..... Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #479 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 7:21pm

My eyes are crossed, the right eyelid is twitching and I'm drowsy. I'm going to grab my kitty who thinks she's a teddy bear and go lay down for a while. I'll be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:09pm

I'm back.

Smiley AR. I'm so sorry. You've done the right thing for both of you even if it is hard as hell.

We went to McCormmick's Creek State Park and tromped around a bit. Since my knee wasn't exactly thrilled with the whole "long hike" thing, I stayed in the van and proofread while Skywise and the girls checked out a new trail. Skywise has pronounced it useable by me if the knee is permitting walking at all so I'll be going with them, next trip. Now I'm going to get caught up on the rest of the internet.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #481 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 10:37pm

I'm back now too, for a little bit. I did sleep but not much... I am NOT staying on until 1 a.m.!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:13pm

Where have I heard that before?
What time do you want me to remind you to get your posterior to bed?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #483 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:17pm

Smiley

I'll be heading out before 10... Hubby said something about knocking me out with a frying pan if I don't listen to him tonight.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:38pm

And he has backup.
I know how it is and I've been just as bad in my time, especially when DK and I were working on the original Castle, but I don't have to get up and get a kid off to school and you do. *She said, stating the obvious.*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #485 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:56pm

Okay, okay, okay... I'll be getting offline in less than an hour and go to bed!! Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:08am

I'll remind you if your insistent offspring doesn't!

Post # 26,060
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:12am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #487 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:17am

Son's in bed, sound asleep. I'm going to shut down the computer and watch TV for an hour or so then crash.

Have a great night! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:31am

Nite!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #489 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 2:57am

((hugs)) AR and more ((hugs))

Today was pretty quiet around here.  Have some more canning to do but it can wait until after my Dr's appt tomorrow.  We should be finding out what's wrong with my sinuses!  It will be a relief to know what can be done Smiley

Anyway just wanted to pop in and catch up Smiley  Have a good evening and see y'all tomorrow!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 3:17am

We'll be here, RT. Although I'll probably be proofreading!

Post # 26,062
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2012 at 3:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:32am

Okay, I'm yawning hard enough to crack my jaw. Time to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #492 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 8:59am

Morning.

I'm here but not coherent yet. I need coffee and lots of it please!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #493 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:24pm

Apparently Hubby doesn't work tomorrow... So he's giving me some quiet time today. The earplugs are in, he has the TV turned WAY down and the coffee is ON.

I'm going offline to see if I can move forward in NR. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

I'll be back later, hopefully with good news! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 3:03pm

Morning. I'm here for a bit. It's been raining pretty good this morning so we altered our plans. We'll probably go somewhere later. Right now, Skywise is taking the cats out, especially the kits, for a little bit between showers. I'm going to drink tea and get caught up while he does that.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #495 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:24pm

Wow, this oldest kid of mine makes a wicked strong pot of coffee! Just got back from the Dr's.  Good news from my CT scan, sinuses are normal  meaning no disfiguration, no polyps or other weird things but they can see irritation in the lower ones.  We've come to the conclusion it's a combination of allergies and that the false choppers are poorly made.  That's at least an $800 fix though.    Ironically MIL last night asked if I had gotten downtown to check out a different denturist.  She offered to buy them before and I told her how much they are.  I guess she really does like me (though I don't understand her behaviour towards me a lot of the time) because she still wants to.  Sometimes she can be so sweet, then other times I'm just 0_o...

It's a beautiful sunny day out here but a bit chilly.  I should probably change into my grubbies and finish with the garden or clear out the upstairs sitting room to replace the floor but I`m comfy here with the coffee for now!  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #496 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:28pm

My mind is blown.  I know my husband well enough to know he'd never go to counseling unless he wanted something very badly or someone forced him to go.  And no one is forcing him to go, but he's going anyway.  He's getting on meds.  Everything.  He's getting a job.  And he's not contacting me until after he's been in counseling for awhile, and has a job and is supporting himself.  Then, he's going to ask me out on a date.  And we're going to date for awhile.

This is what I learned from my brother-in-law today.  He told me flat out that J does NOT want to have his marriage fail, and he now knows how bad things got and how much things have to change.

I don't know what to think about this.  I guess I just have to wait and see if he's serious about it.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:43pm

That is a good plan. Wait and see. Keep the "divorce option" open. And use the time to learn to stand up for yourself. Yes, I read that facebook post. Your J isn't the only one who has work to do. Ann Landers was famous for saying -- among other things -- "No one can take advantage of you without your consent." Being a "people pleaser" doesn't work so you have to find the balance between pleasing yourself and taking other people's needs into consideration.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:47pm

It's a good thing that we didn't go anywhere this morning. One of the tires on the van is "out of round" and is bald in spots. Soooooooo, Skywise has taken it over to the tire place. He called and they will be back from lunch by the time he gets there and they can take him immediately. The girls aren't interested in hanging out at the tire store so they and I are home. I'll be proofing and they will be cat herding. Once Skywise gets back, we'll head back into town for lunch.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #499 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 4:48pm

Divorce is not what I want, so I'm simply not going to file.  I'm leaving it up to him.  If he decides he wants a divorce, and he files for it, I will not fight it.  But from the sounds of it, he's not going to file either.  As my sister-in-law said to me today, "You haven't gotten served papers yet, so don't worry about it."

I'm going to see how he does.  I told them to let him know if he needs anything, I'm here, but I'm going to start working on myself and getting a house for myself and my son.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40
Send TopicPrint