Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40957 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #525 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:01am

Understood. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:08am

It won't be computer generated or graphic designer precise but it should do for what we have in mind.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #527 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:17am

I think it's going to be awesome! It'll be your original work too and that's a bonus in my mind! Not all book covers are done on computers even these days, I think I've seen some that were paintings or done with pastels. It all depends on what the author wants and what is best for their book.

I have a picture in my mind of what I want NR's cover to be, I'm thinking a background of the Nova Scotia flag or the NS Tartan, maybe a scenic view of part of the coastline along this part of the province... So many possibilities!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #528 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:18am

Oh yeah, I'm also DONE chapter 33, and am going to do a very quick edit/reread on it before I crash........ hehehehehe... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:55am

Since you're still up and it's nearly 1 am there, I hope it's quick!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #530 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:00am

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... I'm halfway through the chapter... Just a few more minutes and I should be done unless I come across an area that needs tweaking again....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:14am

I didn't much more proofing done tonight -- eyes are still complaining -- but I'm past the halfway point in the manuscript so I'm not too unhappy about that. Tomorrow is another day and I WILL get more done!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #532 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:22am

That's awesome Penth!

On that note, I'm done the reread/edit and the official word count of C33, D1 is 4783. No wonder why my eyes are tangled!

I'm going to go crash now... Have a great night everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:22am

Nite, VE.See you tomorrow sometime.

We have thunder and heavy rain in moving in and I expect to be knocked offline pretty soon so I'm going to head out while I can still post.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #534 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 5:50am

AR, it doesn't hurt anything to take the time to step back and get things together.  My Ex-husband and I were pretty much children when we married (Iwas 18 he was 19) but of course we didn't think we were!  What I hadn't fully realized was how much of an angry/troubled young man he really was until we married and we moved 2000 miles away from everyone and everything we knew.  I had to leave him, I had no choice.  He eventually hit bottom.  He realized through other relationships that he was the source of his problems not I nor the other women he became involved with.  He got help and became a better person for it.  He actually made a point of contacting me to apologize for everything he'd done.  He also thanked me for not pressing charges and giving him an opportunity to change his life.  We do talk now.  Not alot but we do.  And to be honest, in hind sight, he's not the person I could have pictured myself being with the rest of my life.  I guess the point I'm making is that some people really can change their lives for the better.  Whether you get back together or not, what's important is the change for the better, for the right reasons.  I hope I'm making sense....

I had to lay down at 4:30 and I was dead to the world until almost 7:30 this past evening.  Not sure why though, I'm still kinda groggy. 

The great thing about computers is that you can take your original art and digitize it, tweak it around to what you want and use layers to play with Font placement and things.  I always thoiught it would be nice too if you're planning a series of books to have one beautiful picture that can be divided to make  the individual covers but once someone has the series, you can arrange them to see the "whole" picture...  I'm goofy I know Smiley

Anyway... I'm going to tumble back into bed, bug y'all later!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #535 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:18am

Morning everyone.

Smiley all around! Maybe sometime I'll share a little more about what happened to my sister, thanks to the bio father of her son.. I still get rather ticked off when I think about that time... I know my sister and I don't get along at all but she didn't deserve it. No one does.

RT, that idea for series book covers is cool... I've seen books and DVDs like that and I like it. Penth and I have been discussing exactly what she has in mind for Book 2's cover and it'll be another original design, except I'm going to mess around with a love of my BIL's, photography. I'm also going to see if he wouldn't mind letting me use his camera but with my memory card (the flash on mine is shot) and maybe even help me set up the shot perfectly. Gotta talk to him though!

I'm still half out of it from yesterday's ALL DAY writing session (Thank the gods C33 is done, another step closer to finishing NR!) and I'll be editing/rereading it in FULL today between things, and I may even attack C34 if the brain is up to it. Tongue

Tonight is also the season premiere of CSI... So y'all know where I'll be at 11 p.m. Atlantic Time!

NICKY FIX for Veridian!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Anyway, I'm here for now. I need more liquid caffeine....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #536 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:40am

According to our Weather Network, this September precipitation wise, is close to breaking the all time record! Shocked

No wonder why everything looks soaked even after a few days of clear weather.... Roll Eyes

Oh yeah, Canada's sailing ambassador, The Bluenose II will have its relaunch (after refits) on Saturday in Lunenburg. I'd got see it but Hubby is working that day. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of my in laws will go and get pics of it... Hehehehehee... I do have pics of it before it had its refit, and yes, I have seen it up close. It's one amazing and beautiful schooner!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #537 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:51am

I'm tired of the pity.  And of everyone around me wondering why I want to get back together with him.  Of not knowing if he wants to get back together with me, because we cannot contact each other at all right now.

I miss him.  I am lonely without him.  As much as he hurt me, it hurts more not to have him.  Because I'm not normal.  I don't feel things the way that other people do.  I'm such a strong empath, that all my life, I never quite knew if what I was feeling were my own emotions or other people's emotions.  And most of the time, it turned out it was other people's emotions, because when I was alone, I didn't feel anything.  I didn't miss people.  I didn't feel connected to people.

But now?  When I'm alone, I feel.  I'm lonely now, and I've never been lonely in my life.  He made me FEEL.  Really feel.  And I KNEW that they were MY emotions, not anyone else's.  And no one around me understands how powerful that is.  How hard that is to let go of.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #538 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:24am

Sometimes people who don't understand what it's like to actually go through something like that pity the people who were involved in it, notably the one who was at the receiving end of things.  Smiley They don't know how to react otherwise, I guess.

My sister went through the same thing with her friends pitying her when she finally left her abusive ex, she hated it. She wanted to just come home, put it behind her (with counseling) and look forward to the birth of her son. She would have rather been looked at as a survivor, not someone who was to be pitied.

Anyone who went through what you did and moved on is a survivor. Just saying.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #539 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:34am

I think one thing that really bothers me is that they only see him as an abuser.  And I see him as sick.  He's bipolar, and it took this for him to realize that he had to get into treatment before it got worse than it already was.

I know he should not have hurt me.  I'm not stupid.  I know I deserve to be treated better.

But I also know I do share some of the blame.  If I'd reported it sooner, maybe we'd already have fixed things, and wouldn't be going through this right now.  Or we'd have moved on.  And I used to push his buttons, on purpose, because I was so angry at him.  I'd say things and do things purposely trying to push him away and make him hate me because I was so hurt.  I reacted rashly and impulsively, and I was honestly just as destructive to our marriage as he was.

But because I'm the one with bruises, he's the bad guy to everyone else.  They just don't see how I've hurt him.  They blame him completely, even though I could have handled things differently.

And I'm not saying that I brought the abuse on myself.  I'm not.  Just that if I had handled things differently, maybe it wouldn't have happened like this.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #540 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:29pm

In my sister's case, her ex wasn't sick. He was just MEAN and an arrogant, stuck up, controlling piece of whale feces that thought everyone should bow to him, his needs, his wants, kiss his feet and wait on him hand and foot while he treated them like dirt under his feet. (Please remember I'm toning my feelings on Sissy's ex WAY, WAY down for the sake of the PG rule and the fact that once I get started on him, I won't shut up!!)

Let's just say I'll be greeting that !@#$%^& with a shotgun, hotfoot powder and a LOT of other nasty surprises for him metaphysical wise if he comes within 500 miles of me again.... Smiley

HOWEVER....

In your case, there IS hope for him... He isn't mean like my sister's ex is, nor is he an arrogant jerk.

The problem with others is that in most cases, they can't see the full picture of unless they go through something similar themselves. I understand a little bit because before I met my now husband, I was in a relationship with a guy who would have hit me a lot and more if I had stayed with him. I got out before it got bad though, and haven't regretted telling him to do something anatomically impossible before I dumped him. I haven't spoken to him in 19 years, he's wanted in this area for... Well, that's a little too TMI for the main boards, or even the adult area here, he was downright mean like my sister's ex. I'll say the RCMP would love to nail his head to the barn door if they haven't done so already, and leave it at that.

Anyway, even if someone has problems like your J does, they are looked upon with hatred and such because as we all know, mental illness is an "invisible illness" most of the time, it's not obvious as something like a wheelchair is. Others can't see that the person needs help and is sick. Even if they get help, some will always look upon them with hate and it's sad, especially if the person really did get help and has truly changed for the better. *SIGH*

Some people can't see the forest because the trees get in the way, I guess........

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #541 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:42pm

Thank you so much for that.

I keep thinking that if he had cancer, no one would fault me for sticking by him no matter what.  But mental illness?  Meh... let him go they tell me.  He can only change if he wants to, and he doesn't want to change they tell me.

Everyone is convinced he's just manipulative and mean.  But I've seen him fight back the tears.  He's broken down multiple times in the last few days, and it breaks my heart that I can't be there to pick up the pieces, that I have to let him go through this without me, so that we can maybe someday be together again.

And I'm scared because he's with his parents, and they hate me.  They've wanted us divorced from the start, and I'm afraid that living with him, they'll end up convincing him of that.

I'm also frustrated, because I'm a firm believer in meant to be.  I firmly believe in seeing the future.  And every reading about him and I tells me that we will work things out in the end.  That it's going to be a rough, rough road, but it's going to be worth it.  And the people around me, people who over and over have come to me for readings, are now telling me, 'Oh, don't believe the cards.  You're only seeing what you want to see.'

And yeah, I know there's a danger in that, but there are certain cards and combinations that you can't exactly change the meaning to, that are very, very obvious in their meaning, and I keep getting those cards.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #542 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:55pm

You're welcome. My "insight" can be sporadic by times but when it does kick in, I get a lot. And I did get a lot about him, between talking to you and opening myself up a little bit.

I used to help people with "barriers" to employment to find work years ago, maybe it's given me a different perspective on mental illness and invisible disabilities, I don't know... but I do know that if someone truly wants to change and get help, they will, and just because they lash out at those they care about the most, it doesn't make them mean or jerks, etc.

I find when someone is sick, truly sick, they tend to lash out at the one person they adore above all others. That includes both mental and physical illnesses. I dont' know why it happens but it does and it's a strong signal that something isnt' right and the person needs to be checked out at the least.

I find the bumpier the road, the better the "pot of gold" at the end of it. I think we have to go through those hard times in order to better appreciate the good times the universe sends our way.

And because your road with him has been and will be very bumpy for a while, it's going to be all so much sweeter in the end.

I could never learn tarot, but yeah, I do know that if someone keeps getting the same cards over and over, the universe is sending them one HECK of a strong message... Sounds like uni is reinforcing it, big time for you AR!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #543 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:10pm

When we first talked about getting married, we were planning this huge party wedding.  He picked out all the colors, and was planning everything.  I only had say in my dress and our honeymoon LOL  but he picked colors that I adored, hot pink and lime green, and it would have been perfect for us, but very expensive.

We ended up rushing the wedding and not being able to do that.  But as part of those plans, we were going to dance down the aisle to "Party Rock Anthem."  It was hugely popular at the time we were planning the wedding, and it would have been so fun and quirky, just like us.

Whenever we've had trouble in our relationship, and I wasn't sure it was going to work out, suddenly, I'd hear that song, even if I hadn't heard it in awhile.

In fact, I don't recall hearing that song in a few months.  We'd been listening to mix CDs lately, and that song wasn't on any of them.

Since he moved out, I've heard that song no less than 18 times.

And the other day, I was watching Dancing with the Stars, and suddenly, one of the couples was dancing to that song.  And I just broke down.  I absolutely broke down.  It just crushed me.  Because I'd always said that was one of my signs that we were meant to be.

In fact, last summer, before we got married, we broke up for two weeks.  And I waited, stuck by him while he did his thing.  It was really hard.  And one day, we were sitting in the garage, and suddenly that song came on the radio, and we just looked at each other.  He smiled, I smiled, and suddenly, I knew that it was going to be OK.

And things like that happened over and over again with that song.  After we got back together that time, we hadn't heard the song in awhile.  Then suddenly, it came on the radio, and he said, "Hmm... I think that's a sign about who I'm supposed to be with."

And it shocked me that he said that.  Because nobody knows how much I look for signs.  They get hints of it every once and awhile, but nobody knows how much I see them. Everywhere.

And I'm still seeing them.  I know this isn't going to be easy.  I know seeing the signs might be wishful thinking.  But right now, I have to have hope.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #544 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:16pm

Maybe the word "reinforcing" is a bit of an understatement.... Seems uni is literally whopping you over the head with messages repeatedly about him these days!

And if we lose hope, we have nothing. We have to keep hoping that things will work out in the end, hope for the best for ourselves and our loved ones, or we are just shells in my opinion.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #545 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:20pm

My son and niece keep telling me that I've set my hopes too high.  And I don't think they realize that it crushes me to hear that.

I'm realistic.  I know it's going to be a long hard road.  I know he might not change, because getting counseling and meds is just one step, staying on it is harder.  I know that he might decide his life is better without me, or that my life is better without him, and he'll decide he does want a divorce after all.  His family might decide to tell him if we ever get back together, they'll disown him, and he might listen to them.  These are all things that I know.  But I still have to have hope.  And I will wait for him, because he's all I want.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #546 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:39pm

You found the balance between hoping and being ultra realistic... Some people don't and that is their downfall in my opinion.

I don't think your hopes are set too high, and it's only natural to hope for something to work out for the best and for what you want. It's human nature to do so in my opinion.

We all have dreams, we all have hopes, we all have wants, and yeah, it's a bummer when others tell us we're not going to get it. They have to realize that some of us tend to see the full picture and will set our hopes for something that isnt' out of our reach.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #547 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 2:11pm

I'm starting chapter 34, the first paragraph is there and I'll be continuing to write for a while as long as Hubby is gone and my brain cooperates. Tongue

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #548 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 3:43pm

I'm getting whalloped with signs lately.  Signs that it's going to work out in the end, but also signs that it's going to take a long, long, long, long time.

So I made a decision today that if he wants it, he will fight for it.  I will not try to contact him until he contacts me.  I will not file for divorce.  I'm going to start making money, saving money, and getting the things I want and doing the things I want to do for my son. Getting a car, a house, a gym membership, a new wardrobe, all of that.  Doing the things I love to do.  I'm going to become the strong, independent, happy woman I want to be.

And if the signs are real, if it's truly meant to be.  It will happen.  No matter how long it takes.  I'm going to take care of myself, not for him, but for me.  Period.  And if he never comes back, then it wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with that.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:08pm

Afternoon.
The rain has finally let up enough for me to get online. I don't know for how long because the radar shows more "incoming" but I'm not going to complain. The creeks, streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc are STILL way below "full."

AR, there is nothing I can say that VE and RT hasn't already said so I'll just Smiley and let it go at that.

P.S. I know how it is to need hope. I'm still hanging onto mine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Send TopicPrint