Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40942 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #550 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:08pm

Sometimes the best things in life, and for ourselves take years to happen, AR. Sometimes two people must walk separate paths to be able to walk a path together later in life.

Hold on to that hope, keep your head high, do what is right for you and keep moving forward... I think you're doing great and showing the world how strong you really are... And the fact that you can get through all of this, with or without anyone's help.

Smiley

I'm going to sneak offline for a bit. I want a little nap before Son gets home, so I can stay up to watch CSI tonight and get the gist of what is going on... It's going to be good, there was a cliffhanger at the end of Season 12 and I do NOT want to miss what happens next. NICKY FIX for Veridian! Cheesy

I'll be back in a couple of hours.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #551 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 5:25pm

And I'm back. We've been having connection problems. The fact that the cats will NOT stay out from behind the computers probably has something to do with it! Anyway, Skywise has things working now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 6:43pm

Heading into town for a late lunch. Back later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #553 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:27pm

I'm back. I did sleep a little bit until a certain chubby cat decided my head was the perfect place to sit upon... Roll Eyes I would have been online sooner but between Hubby doing something in his Baseball Mogul game on the computer that took a while to wrap up and Son screaming for supper as soon as my feet hit the stairs, I didn't get back until now.

I'm here for a couple of hours. Son will have a little computer time before he goes to bed so he's my alarm clock to alert me when I should get off the computer and get ready to watch CSI. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:46pm

I'm back too. We had a late lunch and did a little "look" shopping and some "shop" shopping.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #555 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 8:51pm

I'm wanting to work on NR but the eyes are protesting, VERY loudly. So is the brain.... I did get the first part of Chapter 34 written up so no complaints. I'll probably dive into it a little more tomorrow, if I'm up to it... Although I should take a day or so off to recharge and rest.

I'll do it over the weekend... Son will be around and when he's home, I may as well forget about trying to concentrate! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #556 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:00pm

Son just came over to me, lifted one of his feet and said "Smell my stinky feet, Mommy!!"

Of course, my husband told him to do that.

MALES.  Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #557 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:14pm

The rice is on, in half an hour I'll throw together the butter chicken and steam some cauliflower.  Fairly quick and easy supper which everyone likes here. Makes for a nice easy evening for me Smiley  My schedule is all topsy turvey again, always happens when the bloke is on nights, at least this is the last one in this row!
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:30pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #558 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:19pm

We had grilled cheese here, everyone likes that. It was nice not having to make something different for the little guy for a change. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #559 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:45pm

We're eating out tonight -- KFC -- and I'm making pizza tomorrow and one last dinner out on Friday. Then it is back to "Kitchen Duty" for me until our vacation in May.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #560 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:51pm

I like KFC but I can't eat a lot of it these days unless I have something like salads with it. Too much grease for my stomach.

The satellite timer is now set for 11 p.m. Wednesdays, CBS East... LOL

T minus 4 hours, 8 minutes until CSI comes on! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #561 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:02pm

There will be salad, corn, green beans and maybe cole slaw too with mine. I get the buffet and can select the sides I want.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #562 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:05pm

We don't have that at our local KFCs... It's all take out ones, no eat in ones here in my area. Plus there's a lot that y'all have at your locations that we don't get up here in Canada a lot of the time. The sides are generally pasta salad, coleslaw and a couple of other things besides the fries. It's crappy, but that's Atlantic Canada for you. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #563 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:15pm

Right now, I'd like to shoot whoever comes up with these "ideas for breast cancer awareness" statuses on Facebook...

I had to leave at least 3 conversations about it in the last two days, even though I have said time and time again, I do NOT participate in that kind of thing!!!!  Smiley

GOOD GRIEF.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #564 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:18pm

According to WD, the KFCs in Kansas City don't have the buffet they have in Martinsville. Heh, in your situation, I'd have the hubby get the chicken to go while I stayed home and fixed up a mess of my OWN sides -- which I've done.

We're getting ready to head out to dinner. If you have to leave before I get back, have a nice night and enjoy your Nicky fix!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #565 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:20pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:15pm:
Right now, I'd like to shoot whoever comes up with these "ideas for breast cancer awareness" statuses on Facebook...

I had to leave at least 3 conversations about it in the last two days, even though I have said time and time again, I do NOT participate in that kind of thing!!!!  Smiley

GOOD GRIEF.

I know. I haven't been roped in yet.
Plus, there are "pink ribbon" products all over the place. I'm going to be thoroughly sick of pink by the time it's over!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #566 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:22pm

I've done that too... Salads, mashed potatoes, veggies, etc. We can only get the take out here, no sit down and eat places, so it's either bring it home or not get it at all. It's expensive so we don't get it very often, it's well over $30 to feed a family of four up here. Roll Eyes When I was a kid, it was the cheapest thing to get takeout wise, now it's more expensive to go there than what it is to go to the high end Chinese restaurant in town! Shocked

Gotcha, and thanks. I'll be heading out soon, Son will want his computer time around 8ish my time.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #567 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:24pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:20pm:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:15pm:

GOOD GRIEF.

I know. I haven't been roped in yet.
Plus, there are "pink ribbon" products all over the place. I'm going to be thoroughly sick of pink by the time it's over!

I get roped into that kind of convos at least three to four times a year by different people, sometimes more than once by the same person. I participated in it ONCE, about 3 or 4 years ago with the bra color idea but the last few that's been going around have been too darn ridiculous and have NOTHING to do with breast cancer at all. It's just a way for the girls in FB to mess with the guys' minds, nothing more. Stupid as heck.

I'm sick of pink myself, I have NEVER liked that color.... The only thing I like that's pink is ROSES thanks....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #568 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:08pm

I'm getting yelled at by an 8 year old. Time to get off the computer and hand it over to Son.

My eyes need to refocus too, if I want to be able to see CSI's season 13 premiere at all!!

T-minus 2 hours, 53 minutes until my first NICKY FIX of the fall season!! WOOT!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Have a great night everyone, see y'all bright and early in the morning as usual! Cheesy  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:45am

Know how that is, VE! Enjoy your Nicky Fix.
I'm here until midnight at least but I'll be proofing and doing some other things while I'm here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:43am

Smiley I finished proofing Chapter 9 and I have 150 pages to go. I don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow and Friday but I "should" have the proofing done by Monday. And now, since my eyes are refusing to focus and it's nearly 2 a.m., I'm going to take my little self to bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #571 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:04am

Morning.

I'm pooped and the eyes are still quite crossed but staying up late on little sleep was worth it! I had my first Nicky fix of the season and yeah, the episode was good! The latter half of it moved quite quickly, it kind of had the same feel that the season 5 closer "Grave Danger" had... I won't say anything else just in case there are lurkers who don't want to have it spoiled for them. Tongue

It's a regular school day again.

If I can get the eyes to cooperate, after I wake up that is!, I plan on diving deep into the editing and possibly writing new material in NR today. If I write, I may sneak offline for a bit so I don't get distracted.

I need an IV of coffee..................... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #572 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:47am

Holy smokes, I just realized I don't have any scenes written up to splice into NR... The ones I had written up were either used (with tweaking!) or I decided not to use them because they were not good enough or I went into another direction.

Weird. Shocked

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #573 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:08pm

Because there are PPOs that have been filed against each other, we can't talk to or see each other.  And his family is flat out keeping him from attempting to contact me.  If I try to contact him, they'll put me in jail.

I'm dropping the PPO I have against him, and the one he has against me hasn't been signed, so it isn't in effect yet, though I suspect he will drop it against me.

He called a friend last night and told him that he's doing everything he can to get me back.  He's going into counseling, he's getting on meds, he's getting a job, and he just wants us to be together.  I don't know yet if it's possible.  He will lose most of his family if we do get back together.  I haven't talked to him to see if he's going to do the work it takes.

But I have real hope now.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #574 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:29pm

He's taking steps in the right direction if he's going for help, etc and getting a job! Hopefully things work out that he gets a job he likes, that will help him keep moving in the right direction and keep him motivated, although in these times, anyone who has a job is lucky in my opinion. (NS has one of the highest unemployment rates in Canada)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
Send TopicPrint