Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40764 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #650 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:20pm

Yeah, having troublemakers end up with teeth in their necks is very satisfying.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #651 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:32pm

Oh yeah... Or in the case of NR's nasties, GUTTED with a machete, beheaded, pushed over a cliff, set on fire and blown to smithereens with C4 explosives.... Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #652 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:34pm

Thing is, in MY books the characters can actually do that and NOT get arrested.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #653 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:39pm

I know it... But the nasties in mine DID break the law and that's only part of it. I really dont' want to give what happens away on the main boards.... Let's just say the tables have turned and the leading man uses his family's influence and such for the first time ever... He's THAT PO'ed....  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #654 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:42pm

Odd how something showed up in my newsfeed on the Pink Rose profile... I did share it!!  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #655 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:48pm

The timing for it was TOO PERFECT!!! I'm still laughing!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #656 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:52pm

If it is what I think it is, I'm chuckling evilly under my breath too.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #657 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:56pm

It is just that... Heck, the timing was TOO FUNNY, Uni decided to slap that in my line of vision at the perfect time.... It's so true too!!!!!! Smiley

It's not quite 2 p.m. here and I'm getting ultra giggly... NOT GOOD!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #658 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:27pm

You've been running a pretty good sleep deficit this past week, that's probably the reason. I'm managing to get some proofreading done while Skywise cuts the grass.
We need a haybaler....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #659 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:34pm

Yeah, that WOULD do it. I've been online a lot, working on NR a lot and when I'm away from the computer, NR keeps BUGGING ME.... Smiley

I think I'm losing the mind...............  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #660 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:39pm

No, you're just developing "permanent writer's brain" in which your mind is totally consumed by your current project.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #661 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:42pm

That's true!  Smiley

I haven't been able to write today but I have been jotting down a LOT of ideas in my ideas file. The rate I'm going, I may have enough to wrap things up pretty soon. The question is, how fast can I write them up into the manuscript and how much I'll edit it all TO DEATH???  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #662 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:45pm

Leave something for your MIL to do!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #663 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:57pm

I will. Her eyes are gonna pop out of her head when she sees some of the scenes though... *GIGGLE!* She may shoot me by the time she's finished the story.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #664 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:03pm

I kinda doubt that. LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #665 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:19pm

I hope she won't anyway. Tongue Now if it was MY mother doing the edit, I would REALLY be worried... Mom's a bit shy when it comes to certain things. She will probably read it after it's published because it's "my" book and will blush to the roots of her hair for a month after only the first "over 18" scene....  Smiley

I am SO DEAD........  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #666 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:20pm

I have a feeling your mother will be proud and your sister will be furious!

We'll be heading out to lunch momentarily. Be back in a while.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #667 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:21pm

Gotcha. I'm here for a little bit yet. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #668 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:48pm

Scene gelling in the head.... And I can't write, too noisy and Son's in one of his "PAY ATTENTION TO ME MOM!" moods... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #669 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:52pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
I have a feeling your mother will be proud and your sister will be furious!

We'll be heading out to lunch momentarily. Be back in a while.

I know Mom will be proud of me. She's been VERY supportive of the writing and laughs about the amount of updates I post about it on Facebook. She knows this has been a dream of mine since I was in my teens and wants me to go for the gold ring! Cheesy

As for the idiot sister, meh. It's only jealousy that I can write (she can't write her way out of a wet paper bag!) and the fact I'm actually DOING something with my life while she's doing NOTHING at all. She hates it when ANY attention is focused on me and when I do get published, I WILL have SOME for a change, which will make her go BOOM.

Watching that will be fun... hehehehehehe.....  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #670 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 7:54pm

*GNAWING ON THE MONITOR!!!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #671 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:46pm

The cat's still passed out on the blanket in the living room... I'm expecting FULL FORCE KITTY CHAOS later tonight.  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #672 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:52pm

How many times is Uni going to remind me that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  And sometimes, multiple reasons...

This whole incident may very well save our marriage in the long run.  He can get the help he needs, while we're apart, and we can both work on getting our lives straightened out so we can be happy together.

And I ended up back in the ER last night.  I passed out and had what appeared to be a seizure.  It turns out that it's not a true seizure, as it's not neurological, but it's that my hear rate is normally very low, and when it drops even lower (it was hitting 39 beats per minute on the monitors last night), my brain starts to get deprived of oxygen, which causes me to lose consciousness.  And during the fainting/passing out episode, my body jerks and twitches much like a seizure looks like, again, due to the lack of oxygen.

And it turns out that the low heart rate thing is inherited.  My dad has it, and so did my grandmother.

And here's where the EVERYTHING happens for a reason thing occurred.  If it were not for the fight we had last week, Jeremy would have been with me when I passed out, and our friends wouldn't have freaked out, because he knows how to handle it.  Instead, they managed to get hold of him on a secret phone number that he gave them, and he told them to call 911.  I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, and here I am finding out all this stuff.

So yeah... thanks Uni.  I do NOT need you to keep repeating this lesson for me.

Oh, and it turns out that J's mom, who still does hate me, has at least enough of a heart that she's keeping tabs on me through his sister, and wants to make sure I'm okay, if only for her son's sake.  At least it's a start.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #673 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:56pm

We're back.
*sigh* We got the notices for the property tax reassessment today and as I was going over them, one looked a bit odd and since my brain has not been working at peak efficiency today I had Skywise check it before we left and he saw the same problem that I did. For some reason, the property being assessed for the Guest House is about 8 acres short.  Shocked  I've pulled out the bill that's due in November and it has the same discrepancy on it that the papers I got today have. So the Assessor's Office screwed up at the previous assessment at least that far back. Knowing bureaucracies, this is gonna be a PITA to get straightened out. We have all the paper work we're likely to need to prove what we own -- the survey that was made when we split the property between us and Mom up to and including the land abstract that goes all the way back to the ORIGINAL LAND GRANT but Skywise figures that we're likely to need a lawyer and/or a title company to get this mess straightened out.

Wanna bet they try to hit us up for back taxes that they didn't bill us for?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #674 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:00pm

aranarose wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:52pm:
How many times is Uni going to remind me that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  And sometimes, multiple reasons...

This whole incident may very well save our marriage in the long run.  He can get the help he needs, while we're apart, and we can both work on getting our lives straightened out so we can be happy together.

And I ended up back in the ER last night.  I passed out and had what appeared to be a seizure.  It turns out that it's not a true seizure, as it's not neurological, but it's that my hear rate is normally very low, and when it drops even lower (it was hitting 39 beats per minute on the monitors last night), my brain starts to get deprived of oxygen, which causes me to lose consciousness.  And during the fainting/passing out episode, my body jerks and twitches much like a seizure looks like, again, due to the lack of oxygen.

And it turns out that the low heart rate thing is inherited.  My dad has it, and so did my grandmother.

And here's where the EVERYTHING happens for a reason thing occurred.  If it were not for the fight we had last week, Jeremy would have been with me when I passed out, and our friends wouldn't have freaked out, because he knows how to handle it.  Instead, they managed to get hold of him on a secret phone number that he gave them, and he told them to call 911.  I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, and here I am finding out all this stuff.

So yeah... thanks Uni.  I do NOT need you to keep repeating this lesson for me.

Oh, and it turns out that J's mom, who still does hate me, has at least enough of a heart that she's keeping tabs on me through his sister, and wants to make sure I'm okay, if only for her son's sake.  At least it's a start.

It's a start and I'm glad you're okay. Smiley I assume that your son will be checked out for this same condition as soon as possible.

And yeah, I agree. Uni really doesn't need to use a sledgehammer to get his/its point across.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40
Send TopicPrint