Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40655 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #675 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:08pm

HOLY CARP FISH Penth!! Shocked Yeah, up here they WILL nail a person for back taxes even though it is THEIR fault. That's Nova Scotia for you though....... Roll Eyes

AR, I saw your posts in FB... I'm thinking of you and you rest as much as you can while you're working and in the hospital! Glad you're okay and you're in the best spot to be right now! Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #676 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:12pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:00pm:
aranarose wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:52pm:
How many times is Uni going to remind me that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  And sometimes, multiple reasons...

This whole incident may very well save our marriage in the long run.  He can get the help he needs, while we're apart, and we can both work on getting our lives straightened out so we can be happy together.

And I ended up back in the ER last night.  I passed out and had what appeared to be a seizure.  It turns out that it's not a true seizure, as it's not neurological, but it's that my heart rate is normally very low, and when it drops even lower (it was hitting 39 beats per minute on the monitors last night), my brain starts to get deprived of oxygen, which causes me to lose consciousness.  And during the fainting/passing out episode, my body jerks and twitches much like a seizure looks like, again, due to the lack of oxygen.

And it turns out that the low heart rate thing is inherited.  My dad has it, and so did my grandmother.

And here's where the EVERYTHING happens for a reason thing occurred.  If it were not for the fight we had last week, Jeremy would have been with me when I passed out, and our friends wouldn't have freaked out, because he knows how to handle it.  Instead, they managed to get hold of him on a secret phone number that he gave them, and he told them to call 911.  I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, and here I am finding out all this stuff.

So yeah... thanks Uni.  I do NOT need you to keep repeating this lesson for me.

Oh, and it turns out that J's mom, who still does hate me, has at least enough of a heart that she's keeping tabs on me through his sister, and wants to make sure I'm okay, if only for her son's sake.  At least it's a start.

It's a start and I'm glad you're okay. Smiley I assume that your son will be checked out for this same condition as soon as possible.

And yeah, I agree. Uni really doesn't need to use a sledgehammer to get his/its point across.

Yep, as soon as I'm home, I'll be calling and making an appointment for him to see if he has the same low heart rate issue.  They still don't know what's causing the low heart rate, which is why I'm still sitting in the hospital room.

And wishing my husband was here, but he can't be, because I do still have a PPO on him, and he would be arrested if one of my family members walked in and saw him here with me.  I miss him, but it's probably a good thing he's not here.  Boredom tends to send him into a depression spiral, which causes him to do stupid things (like attempt to cheat) in order to get the adrenaline rush to pull out of the depression, which then causes a fight, which then ends badly.

So yeah, Uni, please, I think I've learned this lesson, can we move onto the next one?

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #677 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:12pm

On another note...

We just finished supper here. I'll be leaving in a little under an hour to give my son some computer time and veg for a bit while I watch America's Test Kitchen on the Seattle PBS.

I'm probably going to see if I can get one or two small scenes written up tonight after the guys crash. MORE sleep deprivation for Veridian... Oh joy..... LOL

And I see the space bar on this keyboard is just about dead, one side of it is starting to REALLY loosen up and drive me ballistic... This may be the motivation for me to install the new keyboard I got something like six months ago... Sheesh.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #678 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:14pm

aranarose wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:00pm:
aranarose wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:52pm:
How many times is Uni going to remind me that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  And sometimes, multiple reasons...

This whole incident may very well save our marriage in the long run.  He can get the help he needs, while we're apart, and we can both work on getting our lives straightened out so we can be happy together.

And I ended up back in the ER last night.  I passed out and had what appeared to be a seizure.  It turns out that it's not a true seizure, as it's not neurological, but it's that my heart rate is normally very low, and when it drops even lower (it was hitting 39 beats per minute on the monitors last night), my brain starts to get deprived of oxygen, which causes me to lose consciousness.  And during the fainting/passing out episode, my body jerks and twitches much like a seizure looks like, again, due to the lack of oxygen.

And it turns out that the low heart rate thing is inherited.  My dad has it, and so did my grandmother.

And here's where the EVERYTHING happens for a reason thing occurred.  If it were not for the fight we had last week, Jeremy would have been with me when I passed out, and our friends wouldn't have freaked out, because he knows how to handle it.  Instead, they managed to get hold of him on a secret phone number that he gave them, and he told them to call 911.  I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, and here I am finding out all this stuff.

So yeah... thanks Uni.  I do NOT need you to keep repeating this lesson for me.

Oh, and it turns out that J's mom, who still does hate me, has at least enough of a heart that she's keeping tabs on me through his sister, and wants to make sure I'm okay, if only for her son's sake.  At least it's a start.

It's a start and I'm glad you're okay. Smiley I assume that your son will be checked out for this same condition as soon as possible.

And yeah, I agree. Uni really doesn't need to use a sledgehammer to get his/its point across.

Yep, as soon as I'm home, I'll be calling and making an appointment for him to see if he has the same low heart rate issue.  They still don't know what's causing the low heart rate, which is why I'm still sitting in the hospital room.

And wishing my husband was here, but he can't be, because I do still have a PPO on him, and he would be arrested if one of my family members walked in and saw him here with me.  I miss him, but it's probably a good thing he's not here.  Boredom tends to send him into a depression spiral, which causes him to do stupid things (like attempt to cheat) in order to get the adrenaline rush to pull out of the depression, which then causes a fight, which then ends badly.

So yeah, Uni, please, I think I've learned this lesson, can we move onto the next one?

Yeah, it's best that he isn't there for it all even though both of you want to be together. Best if he gets updates somehow while away from the hospital right now.

Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #679 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:34pm

Yeah. I think it's safe to say that he cares, a lot, since the housemates had a way to contact him and his mom is keeping tabs on the situation (which she would not do if he didn't care).

Skywise is digging out tax receipts for past years to see how far back the screw up goes. Not too far, I hope.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #680 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:38pm

I'm going to head out and give the computer to my son for a couple of hours. I'm needing an hour or so away from it, just to get my eyesight back to normal. I may dig out the other keyboard later on and see if it works too. It's a second hand one so I'm not sure if all of the keys work or not.

See y'all later. If I get some work done on the manuscript, I may not be back on this evening. Have a great night and all just in case I stay offline to write or sleep.

Hugs all around!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #681 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:56pm

*sigh*  I get it Uni.  I GET IT.  You will send me signs anywhere, and at anytime...

11:11 make a wish.... creepifying...

Transcribing an audio file here at the hospital, and just glanced at the time stamp.  11:11.  Then glanced at the pages in Word.  11/11.  Then looked at the actual time.  5:55.

Seriously, Uni, seriously...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #682 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:22pm

I was wondering why I haven't had a sign in ages but now the answer is obvious.

YOU are getting them all!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #683 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:52pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:22pm:
I was wondering why I haven't had a sign in ages but now the answer is obvious.

YOU are getting them all!!

Yeah, well, you can have some of them back...  Undecided

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #684 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:37pm

((hugs )) AR

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #685 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:46pm

aranarose wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:52pm:
Yeah, well, you can have some of them back...  Undecided

I'll be happy to take them if you can convince Uni to give them to me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #686 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:47pm

This is good advice and cute to boot!

Open_gate.jpg ( 35 KB | Downloads )
Open_gate.jpg

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #687 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:43am

One thing that worries me about being in the hospital, with no indication of when I'll be out, is that the longer I'm here, the more likely he is to break the PPO, ignore his parents, and find a way to come up and see me.  And that would be bad all around.  I do want to see him.  I wish he was here with me, because I can picture him curling up with me and sleeping in my hospital bed right with me.  But that would just be bad, bad, bad, because breaking the PPO would mean him going to jail, and that would be a setback for him.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #688 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:55am

Smiley Yes, it's best he moves forward instead of backwards! Hopefully it will only take another day at most to find out what's going on AR.

(I'm back, I'm bored. I'm going to try to work on NR while I'm around though.)

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #689 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:35am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:55am:
Smiley Yes, it's best he moves forward instead of backwards! Hopefully it will only take another day at most to find out what's going on AR.

(I'm back, I'm bored. I'm going to try to work on NR while I'm around though.)

I'm learning all too well about boredom.

So... another lesson Uni is shoving down my throat... to appreciate even more what my husband did for me by pulling me out of my shell.

Because right now, I'm sitting in a bed on the computer, and I'd give anything to have a bunch of people around me, and my husband sitting next to me, asking me about the file.  I'm bored, bored, bored.

But this was my life before him.  Literally.  It wasn't a hospital bed, it was my bedroom, but still.  In a room, by myself, sitting in a bed on my computer all day long.

And because of him, I DON'T LIKE IT.  Because of him, I learned there is more to life than that.  Because of him, I learned to enjoy companionship.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #690 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:07am

Sometimes it takes something like boredom to drive another lesson home, unfortunately. It's nice to have peace and quiet once in a while but if one is used to the noise, the chatter and the spontaneity of being in a large group, or even part of a pair, it can be shocking to the system when they're alone. I know. I'm used to being surrounded by people most of the time and if I get more than 10 hours by myself, I start losing my mind!!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #691 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:10am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:07am:
Sometimes it takes something like boredom to drive another lesson home, unfortunately. It's nice to have peace and quiet once in a while but if one is used to the noise, the chatter and the spontaneity of being in a large group, or even part of a pair, it can be shocking to the system when they're alone. I know. I'm used to being surrounded by people most of the time and if I get more than 10 hours by myself, I start losing my mind!!!

I used to get overwhelmed by chatter and noise and too many people.  Now, I miss it a whole lot.  It makes me love and appreciate him so much more, and makes me realize I have to work just as hard as he does to bring us back together.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #692 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:27am

Maybe Uni wanted to be sure that you understood that. Uni is sometimes hard to convince.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #693 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:32am

Yeah, he made sure you socialized and that is a good thing too! Smiley

In real life, I'm only comfortable around people I know very well... If it's people I don't know well, I button my lips and try to hide in a corner. I'm weird like that. When Hubby worked at the dealership, I would keep my yap shut during staff parties, etc, except around the one sales lady and around the other two guys on the service desk. I knew them the best and felt somewhat comfy around them.

Nowadays, he's back at his old workplace with almost the exact same coworkers he had about 6 years ago... I walk into a staff party for that group and I'm HOME!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #694 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:53am

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:27am:
Maybe Uni wanted to be sure that you understood that. Uni is sometimes hard to convince.

It seems Uni has thrown us this perfect little storm to reinforce how much we love and want to be with each other, but how much work we have to do to make it happen.  And it's now showing me how much that work is going to be worth it.  Just hoping he's getting his lessons, too, so we're on the same page LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #695 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:54am

I see no reason why Uni should ignore him and if J isn't getting the message I'm sure Uni won't be shy about reminding him.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #696 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:01am

Agreed. I hope J doesn't get TOO many goose eggs from Uni with lessons and reminders. Those HURT!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #697 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:44am

I can think of a few people who could use a lesson or two from Uni....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #698 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:00am

You and me both Penth...

On my list, the people should get the lessons delivered with a mack truck, machetes, C4 explosives, water torture and so much more.............  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #699 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:10am

I'm going with "watching Penth be successful while life gets worse and worse" for them. After all "living well is the best revenge."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40
Send TopicPrint