Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40645 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #700 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:21am

That works too! Cheesy

Still trying to wrap up that scene in C34................

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #701 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:38am

I'm going to bed now. Have a great night everyone.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #702 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:41am

Good idea! Nite!

I'm heading out too. I can barely see the keyboard.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #703 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:11pm

Oh dear gods...

Got woke up this morning by the rapid response team rushing in with the crash cart... My heart rate had apparently dropped to 37 beats per minute, and the nurse freaked out.

And now I get to see a cardiologist, do a sleep study, and more, more, more...

And I have to figure out how to get J back.  I have to drop the PPO this week.  I have to find a way to talk to him and see if he wants us back together.  I know he can't stay with me, no one but he and I would be comfortable with that, but he can stay at our friend's house across the street.  And it has to happen because I'm going to have so many appointments in the coming weeks, and they don't want me driving anymore, so I'll need him to be taking me all over the place for appointments.

Seriously, Uni?  Seriously?  Is this your way of teaching me the consequences of not listening to my gut?

Ugh...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #704 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:04pm

Morning.

Good grief, AR, I think it's well past time for Uni to stop whalloping you over the head with signs, etc. It's crazy how many things are being shown to you all at the same time! Smiley

J living across the street wouldn't be so bad. You would still see him, be able to talk to him and he'd be right there when you needed his help or vice versa. Yeah, it may be hard to do but at least y'all won't be that far apart.

I'll be here for the day working on NR again. What I wrote up so far for Chapter 34 is NOT working so I'm going to 86 it and do things over again, in compressed format. It's not really a major key scene so I can get away with it. Now that things are moving ahead again, I'm wanting to REALLY move and start getting loose ends tied up so I can finish this darn thing!! It's getting "TOO LONG" as it is. *SIGH*

I may go POOF due to rain and wind so if I do, that's why.

I am going to get myself another cup of coffee and get caught up now....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #705 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:12pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:04pm:
Morning.

Good grief, AR, I think it's well past time for Uni to stop whalloping you over the head with signs, etc. It's crazy how many things are being shown to you all at the same time! Smiley

J living across the street wouldn't be so bad. You would still see him, be able to talk to him and he'd be right there when you needed his help or vice versa. Yeah, it may be hard to do but at least y'all won't be that far apart.

I'll be here for the day working on NR again. What I wrote up so far for Chapter 34 is NOT working so I'm going to 86 it and do things over again, in compressed format. It's not really a major key scene so I can get away with it. Now that things are moving ahead again, I'm wanting to REALLY move and start getting loose ends tied up so I can finish this darn thing!! It's getting "TOO LONG" as it is. *SIGH*

I may go POOF due to rain and wind so if I do, that's why.

I am going to get myself another cup of coffee and get caught up now....

I just have to figure out how to make that work.  First things first, when I get out of here, I have to drop the PPO.  Don't know how long that's going to take.  When that's done, I have to somehow get hold of him, and see if he wants to come back.  And if he does, I have to go get him.  And it's really hard to get hold of him, because I'm worried that even after I drop the PPO, his mother's going to keep me from contacting him.  Which will ultimately do him more harm than good, because he will rebel from her, and that will end badly.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #706 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:25pm

Hmm... Am I wrong or doesn't he have a sibling? Couldn't they be the go between if necessary, or another friend, one his mother would not mind talking to him? Just bouncing ideas around, that's all.

Sometimes a PPO is very hard to drop, not all of the time though. I know, my sister had one against someone SHE tried to drop and the Crown Prosecutor (our version of the District Attorney) wouldn't allow her to do it. The only way it's able to be dropped up here is when there is NO conclusive evidence that it's needed and that doesn't always happen. Of course, in some ways Canada tends to be quite strict with things, others not so much, and Nova Scotia has its own regulations, etc.

Hopefully your DA or whoever is handling the one you filed will let you drop yours and let him drop his if he wasn't able to do it yet.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #707 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:40pm

His brother hates me, and I don't trust his sister at all.  She plays nice, but she talks about me behind my back.  The only one in his family I trust at this point is his cousin, and his mom hates her.  So that is a PITA.

The PPO he filed against me was denied.  I have not served him with my PPO, though the judge signed it.  That means it's in effect, but not entirely enforceable.  If he shows up and the police are called (which I will NOT call the police on him at this point, because I don't feel the need to if he's not in a bipolar rage), they would just tell him, "You have a PPO against you, you have to leave."

I KNOW he wants to be with me.  He told a friend he'd love it if I could find a way to come get him.  But I can't show up at his parent's house, they'll call the cops on me for breaking my own PPO.  And I can't exactly enlist anyone else to pick him up and help me break the PPO.

I'm really hoping they let me cancel it.  I'll flat out tell them I didn't really want it in the first place, but felt pressured to get it by social workers, police, and my family, who don't know my husband, and don't know that he wants to get the help he needs.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #708 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:53pm

Well, dratters about the family not being trustworthy and his cousin being hated by his mom. Sad Shoot. *SIGHS*

If you talk to a judge or DA about it and explain it to them, they may cancel it. I hope they see you WERE pressured to get it and see that it probably isn't necessary... And that it would be counterproductive at this point, for both of you. You need his support and help, he needs yours. If y'all don't get each other's support, it could make things a LOT worse for both of you. Tossing that in when you're talking with whoever you are in the court system may help with getting yours canceled may help too.

I think because so many cases were NOT taken seriously in the past, the court system tends to go OVER protective of people, and that can cause a LOT of problems. They can't seem to find the right balance and don't look at all sides, they just see ONE side of it and react with telling the one person involved to get a PPO, file charges and run like heck. They don't see J needs help, and he won't be as motivated to get the help he needs unless he knows he can at least talk to you. All they see is a young man who can't control himself and think he's a jerk for doing what he did. They don't see he does have a diagnosed mental illness and that ticks me off.

There are a lot of cases out there that yeah, charges, PPOs, etc ARE required for safety reasons, and sometimes the people who need them the most do not get them... But in your case, it's better NOT to have all of it and the courts won't see it without you and others who see J needs you and your support talking to them about it.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #709 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:01pm

I just know that without me, he doesn't have the motivation necessary to change.  If we are apart too long, he'll get hopeless, and think there's no point if we aren't together.  The thought  of being apart has made him suicidal in the past, and so I can't imagine what's going through his head now that we actually are apart and can't speak to or see each other.  And no one will really tell me how he is.

He sneaks phone calls when he can to our friend, but those are few and far between.  He's the one that told them to call 911 the other day, but I still haven't talked to him at all to know what he wants.

I think he wants us together.  That's the indications I've got after he talked to our friend.  But I need to know from him what he wants, and his family doesn't want that to happen.  They have to realize that if they continue to deny him what he really wants, he will rebel.  He will go into another bipolar rage.  And he will end up hurting himself or someone else.  At least if he can see and talk to me, I can keep him motivated to continue forward with getting help, but they all hate me so much that they won't see that.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #710 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:06pm

Tell that to the court when you go to cancel the PPO. They need to hear that in order to get a better picture of it, to help them see MORE than what they see now. And tell them, loudly and clearly, you are NOT brainwashed by him, you're thinking VERY clearly and rationally.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #711 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:18pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:06pm:
Tell that to the court when you go to cancel the PPO. They need to hear that in order to get a better picture of it, to help them see MORE than what they see now. And tell them, loudly and clearly, you are NOT brainwashed by him, you're thinking VERY clearly and rationally.

I'm thinking more clearly and rationally than I have in a good long while, and I wish more people would realize that.

The decisions I made last week were purely emotional and based on what everyone was coming at me saying.  Not on what I want or feel is right.  I'm calm now, and not brainwashed at all.

For one thing, I don't even know what he wants.  I just know that if he does want us together, I have to make that happen.

And on another Uni whacking me over the head note... One of J's issues is sexual compulsions and obsessions.  He's never done anything illegal, just hurtful, and it's an issue we'll have to work on for a long time.  One of the barriers to him coming home to live with me again had to do with that.

And that barrier just left today.  For good.   Ok, Uni, you're really creeping me out here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #712 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:27pm

Uni does that.

Morning. I'm here and as soon as I get the laundry sorted, the washer will be chugging away. Skywise goes back to work tomorrow *wail!* so it's back to the grind for me too.

AR, why does his family hate you so much? Are they excessively controlling or just nuts?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #713 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:32pm

Oh dear lord, ANOTHER whomp from Uni? What the heck??? Shocked

Unfortunately sometimes people can't see it. They see you in the hospital with medical issues, think it's due to stress from what he did to you, and don't realize your low heart rate, etc is hereditary and you may have had all of these episodes at this point in your life anyway, whether you and J were together or not. All of the fainting, etc, could have easily started while you two were joking around and laughing (which is VERY good for both the mental and physical health by the way!) for all they know, for all anyone knows for that matter.

And tell everyone you can't know what he wants unless you hear it directly from him, not through the grapevine because we all know things can get twisted and messed up VERY easily. They have to understand you two do need to talk to work things out so you can move forward. Remind them that it would need to be done even if you two were not going to get back together. It's necessary for healing, etc no matter what way it goes, especially in your case.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #714 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:39pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
Uni does that.

Morning. I'm here and as soon as I get the laundry sorted, the washer will be chugging away. Skywise goes back to work tomorrow *wail!* so it's back to the grind for me too.

AR, why does his family hate you so much? Are they excessively controlling or just nuts?

[quote author=6E5B504A565B4D57525B5F3E0 link=1345329993/712#712 date=1349015236]
Both controlling and nuts.  They've only ever heard about the bad parts of our relationship.  The fights, his anger, the controlling, etc.  They think I'm bad for him, and that things that I've said to try to force him to see how much help he needs were lies, and they weren't.  I've only ever told the truth.

They don't see that I love this man unconditionally.  And that if I truly thought he was a danger to me, I'd already be done with him.  I do have anxiety and depression issues, and I've had those my whole life.  But I'm going to be getting those under control, and he can help me get those under control.  Heck, he managed to help me force myself to get a lot of my social anxiety under control!

And they don't see that I can help him get himself on track.  Everyone keeps saying we have to do it apart, and then get back together.  They don't realize that being together was slowly pushing towards that anyway.  We knew we had issues, and we had to have something huge to force us both to see that, but being apart is NOT the answer.  Period.  I see that now for sure.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #715 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:40pm

If I only lived closer to you AR... I would gladly be the "messenger" and do my best to make sure you were not lonely in the hospital!!! Drat it all to heck.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #716 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:46pm

aranarose wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:39pm:
[quote author=6E5B504A565B4D57525B5F3E0 link=1345329993/712#712 date=1349015236]Uni does that.

Both controlling and nuts.  They've only ever heard about the bad parts of our relationship.  The fights, his anger, the controlling, etc.  They think I'm bad for him, and that things that I've said to try to force him to see how much help he needs were lies, and they weren't.  I've only ever told the truth.

They don't see that I love this man unconditionally.  And that if I truly thought he was a danger to me, I'd already be done with him.  I do have anxiety and depression issues, and I've had those my whole life.  But I'm going to be getting those under control, and he can help me get those under control.  Heck, he managed to help me force myself to get a lot of my social anxiety under control!

And they don't see that I can help him get himself on track.  Everyone keeps saying we have to do it apart, and then get back together.  They don't realize that being together was slowly pushing towards that anyway.  We knew we had issues, and we had to have something huge to force us both to see that, but being apart is NOT the answer.  Period.  I see that now for sure.

Ugh, that's the problem, they're only seeing ONE side of it all and probably don't want to see anything else, I'm betting.

Seems to me J is the only rational and open minded person in the family...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #717 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:46pm:
aranarose wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:39pm:
[quote author=6E5B504A565B4D57525B5F3E0 link=1345329993/712#712 date=1349015236]Uni does that.

Ugh, that's the problem, they're only seeing ONE side of it all and probably don't want to see anything else, I'm betting.

Seems to me J is the only rational and open minded person in the family...

Which considering how severely bipolar he is, and how irrational he is during his rages, that says a lot!

His cousin, however, adores me.  She's been working on getting her own place ASAP, and if he can't come live with me, she's going to move him in with her, so we can still see each other, and then when I get my own place, he'll probably move in with me.

She too is bipolar (no surprise, considering they come from the same family), and is only a month older than him.  She's struggled with it for years, and been in and out of jail for it.  She's on meds now, and getting it under control, so she knows what he's going through.  And she knows that being with his family is NOT going to help him.  They are TOO controlling.  I mean seriously, not letting your adult son have access to a phone?  Yeah, he's got anger issues and has bipolar rages, but he's still an adult!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #718 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:14pm

Unless they've gone to court and been given legal guardianship of him, he's an adult and legally, they can't do things like deny him access to a phone or keep him from seeing anyone he wants to see. The PPOs are a problem at the moment but once those are out of the way, his family has no legal right to keep him from seeing you. In fact, depending on how they did it, they could be charged with a crime themselves.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #719 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:14pm

Sounds like she's a blessing to both of you! Hopefully she can help him through some of the worst of the situation and also be a motivator to get him to stay on his meds, get counseling and to help him keep his balance when things start going wonky by times. Having a family member who cares, even one, and who can see all sides of things will be a HUGE help too.

She sounds like a gem if you ask me.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #720 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:14pm:
Unless they've gone to court and been given legal guardianship of him, he's an adult and legally, they can't do things like deny him access to a phone or keep him from seeing anyone he wants to see. The PPOs are a problem at the moment but once those are out of the way, his family has no legal right to keep him from seeing you. In fact, depending on how they did it, they could be charged with a crime themselves.

Exactly.

I'm trying to remember exactly what crime they can be charged with... Brain isn't fully awake despite it being after noon here.... *head desk*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #721 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:21pm

Wait a sec... Is it "unlawful confinement"?

*kicks her brain*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #722 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:31pm

Different jurisdictions have different names for it but it amounts to the same thing. Holding someone against their will. It is legal for a parent to do that with an underage child under most circumstances -- grounding your fifteen year old doesn't qualify -- but once that kid is "legal" parents hands are tied unless they can convince a court that said child in incompetent to manage their own affairs. And THAT is a complicated process. We had a fairly easy time of it because the girls are unquestionably autistic. We just needed a lawyer, up to date evaluations and a court date. In J's case, I think his parents would have a harder time convincing a judge that he was incompetent at all times to make decisions for himself.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #723 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:37pm

Thanks Penth. I think that's what it's called up here so that's what I went with. I'm in a VERY different jurisdiction than the rest of y'all are, heck a different country for that matter!

I understand about some ASD kids, Son has Autism Disorder. He's only 8 so we have a few years to get things going with staying his legal guardians after he's 18.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #724 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:42pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:14pm:

His PPO against me was denied, but the judge signed mine without a hearing.  I'm going tomorrow, if I'm out of the hospital, down to the courthouse to the PPO office to find out what I have to do to get that damn thing dropped.  Period.

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:14pm:
Sounds like she's a blessing to both of you! Hopefully she can help him through some of the worst of the situation and also be a motivator to get him to stay on his meds, get counseling and to help him keep his balance when things start going wonky by times. Having a family member who cares, even one, and who can see all sides of things will be a HUGE help too.

She sounds like a gem if you ask me.

She came to visit me at the hospital yesterday, so I could get some work done and not be so bored out of my mind.  The being alone with my thoughts thing was NOT helping the depression and anxiety thing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40
Send TopicPrint