Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40549 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #725 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Yep, she's a gem. Having someone around who understands, like her, will be more than beneficial to both you and J.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #726 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:55pm

Son is in the mood to drum right now so it's music and dishes time. I need a break from banging the head against the "writing" wall so I'm going to do that and think about what to do next in Chapter 34 while he's being noisy.

KIDS.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #727 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 6:53pm

Okie dokie... Ready for another Uni whallop?  Yup, ANOTHER ONE.

While here, I was seen by a psychiatrist due to the anxiety and depression I've had for years, and that has been really bad with being away from J.

I've resisted getting treatment for it, because I hate meds, and for the most part, I do function.  I work, I take care of my son and myself, etc.  But the anxiety does severely affect how I react to other people, and I now see how much it's limited my life in so many ways.

Anyway, if I'd gone through the years to get treatment, they'd have prescribed SSRIs.  No big deal, lots and lots of people take them.

But... and here's the Uni whallop... they lower your heart rate.

Creepier part...

I've spent the last week calling all the local resources for counseling.  Called a DV shelter.  Got transferred and then disconnected, then when I called back, got voicemail.  Left a voicemail, and got no call back.  Called the local mental health center, and kept getting voicemail.  Over and over, when I attempted to get appointments for psychiatric care, which would have resulted in me being placed on those meds, it was blocked.

Yeah...  Psychiatrist that I talked to today said that yes, she sees a clear pattern of anxiety and depression, as well as hypomania (not quite bipolar, because I don't have the extreme highs), and that eventually she would like me on meds, but that I can't be on them until the cardiologist clears me for them, because they do slow the heart rate, and since mine is already so low, it could kill me.

So yup... everything happens for a reason.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #728 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:03pm

Better a "Uni wallop" than being dead. Guess Uni decided that drastic measures were called for since you were determined to get treatment.
Still.... what a couple of weeks it has been for you!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #729 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:05pm

Taking a short break from proofing. I have a hundred pages to go and my eyes need a rest. We'll also be heading into town in about an hour, more or less and I'm almost at a pretty good place to stop.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #730 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:08pm

It's a darn good thing you were not put on those meds AR!! For someone like me, who has tachycardia (ultra fast normal heart rate, I'm on meds to control it) it wouldn't be so bad, but with someone who has a very slow heart rate like you, yeah, I can see why it would NOT be good.

See if there is any possible substitutes that would help you but not lower your heart rate or hurt your health any more. I've asked about that when something may conflict with my tachycardia meds.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #731 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:22pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:03pm:
Better a "Uni wallop" than being dead. Guess Uni decided that drastic measures were called for since you were determined to get treatment.
Still.... what a couple of weeks it has been for you!

Honestly, I think they were a necessary couple of weeks.  I know what I have to do now.  And I think this couple of weeks has given me the strength to do it.  I just have to hope that others can see, or at least accept, that this is how it has to be.

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:08pm:
It's a darn good thing you were not put on those meds AR!! For someone like me, who has tachycardia (ultra fast normal heart rate, I'm on meds to control it) it wouldn't be so bad, but with someone who has a very slow heart rate like you, yeah, I can see why it would NOT be good.

See if there is any possible substitutes that would help you but not lower your heart rate or hurt your health any more. I've asked about that when something may conflict with my tachycardia meds.

My primary care physician will be coordinating all of my care, including referrals to the cardiologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, etc.  All of it will be under his eye, so that he can make sure no treatment conflicts with any other treatment.  He's an amazing doctor, and he's got an amazing team that I've seen several times this weekend.

LOL

I'm not sure how much his family is going to like me, but as soon as that PPO is dropped, everything is going to change drastically. I'm going to sit everyone down, tell them to shut the hell up, and let me talk.  And then I'm going to tell them all my mistakes, make him own up to his, and tell them to mind their own freaking business, because the meddling and the "Do this, do that," that everyone does has not helped at all.  It's nearly destroyed us.  Heck, for all I know, it has destroyed us, because I don't know if he still wants it, though I think he does.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #732 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:38pm

An excellent primary care physician is priceless in my opinion! We dont' have enough of them up here, we have a major doctor's shortage in the province but that's another story for another time. Wink

The person or people who are meddling only cause trouble and in some cases, do it for fun and to cause trouble deliberately. I would like to shoot anyone who did that to anyone's marriage, it's nasty, rude and disgusting in my opinion. Putting them in their place is a good idea and if they keep it up, blast them with a nuclear bomb! It's NONE of their business what goes on between you and J, and they should be happy if you two want to stay together, or at least respect it and respect the boundaries you two install!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #733 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:43pm

I'm about to open a whole huge can of kick butt that a lot of people aren't going to like.  First, I have to start with a LONG conversation with my son, who currently hates J.  And I understand why he hates J.  But I can't have that.  I know it will take a long time for him to ever trust J again, if at all, but they both need to realize that I love them both, and I'm not truly happy without them both.

Then onto his sister and brother-an-law.  And the rest of his family.  And my family.  All of them are going to be getting an earful from me about how they've all manipulated and used us and brought our marriage to the brink of absolute destruction.

And you'd think they'd realize that if, after everything we've been through, we still want to keep going and make it work, then they need to just accept it, because maybe we're right.  Maybe there's something so special and rare there that we simply can't let it go.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #734 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:50pm

J showing him that the "old ways" are going to be a thing of the past will help that too. Hopefully over time, your son will come to at least respect J and be nice to him, and who knows, he may even start to like him again when J changes for the better.

As for the families, being as subtle as a nuclear bomb may do it. Sometimes you have to bring out the big guns and I'm glad to see you're prepared to do that! They wouldn't like it if someone interfered in their relationships, so it's only right that they don't interfere in anyone else's, notably yours in this case.

Maybe there is something ultra special, once in a lifetime kind of thing between you two... Only you two know for sure and you can't make that shine in its full glory with people sticking their noses in, that's for sure!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #735 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:51pm

Just a head's up, we're getting a LOT of wind and rain right now... I may go poof!! (I hope NOT though!)

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #736 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 8:00pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:50pm:
J showing him that the "old ways" are going to be a thing of the past will help that too. Hopefully over time, your son will come to at least respect J and be nice to him, and who knows, he may even start to like him again when J changes for the better.

As for the families, being as subtle as a nuclear bomb may do it. Sometimes you have to bring out the big guns and I'm glad to see you're prepared to do that! They wouldn't like it if someone interfered in their relationships, so it's only right that they don't interfere in anyone else's, notably yours in this case.

Maybe there is something ultra special, once in a lifetime kind of thing between you two... Only you two know for sure and you can't make that shine in its full glory with people sticking their noses in, that's for sure!!

And J is going to get hit with the nuclear bomb, too.   Grin  He's going to realize just how strong he made me by putting me through all of this.  And maybe he won't like it, and he'll hit the road.  But I think he will like it.  A whole lot.

Over and over, he's told me that I need to stand up to him more, and stop letting him walk all over me.  And I haven't been able to overcome my anxiety to do so.  Until now.

Now, I know I have to overcome it, or I lose the bliss.

My whole life, I've been plagued by a deep and persistent depression.  I'd rarely ever experienced true happiness.  Even the happy moments were tinged with a bit of sadness.

I love my son, but his birth was tinged by the sadness of being abandoned by his father, and knowing that my family didn't approve of me having him.

My first marriage, I remember walking down the aisle with a forced smile, thinking, "Run, run, run, run, run."

But J?  When it's good, it's bliss.  Pure bliss.  Pure and total happiness.  Happiness that, for the first time in my life, wasn't tinged by sadness.

But the bipolar poisons that, and that's why we had to go through this.  Because it made him realize that he MUST get it under control.  Period.  And with that realization, and all of the realizations that I've had in the last couple of weeks, we can finally fight to have that bliss more and more and more.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #737 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 8:22pm

Sorry, Hubby is home and I had to get supper on the go, we eat early here.

Go for the gold ring, AR. If it's bliss between you two and feels right for both of you, dont' let anyone else tell you otherwise!!

The wind is picking up... So glad Hubby is home that way if the power goes out, we'll still have TV and video games. No computer though, it's draws too much power to run off the old car battery and converter we use for the TV.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #738 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:07pm

I have an 8 year old screaming for computer time before bed. I'm heading out for the night now, have a great night everyone. If I go back on the computer, I will NOT be coming online again, I stayed up TOO LATE the last few nights and I'm WIPED.

Have a great night everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #739 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:09pm

I'm back, finally. Nite, hon.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #740 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:36am

His parents and brother won't even let friends talk to him at all.  I know he's got to be lonely, and not doing well at all.

So I have to bust my butt and get my own place ASAP, and then somehow get word to him.

I'm hoping he at least contacts our friend A soon, but it seems like they're keeping a real close eye on him and not letting him near a phone.  Once the PPO is dropped, he will be able to contact me directly, and he'll know the PPO is dropped, because part of that is serving the cancellation papers to him, which is good.

Part of me wants to drive out to his parent's house tomorrow and just pick him up, but ultimately, that would just make things worse for him.  I have to give him time to get the strength to walk away from his family on his own.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #741 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:12am

Yeah, he's gotta make the break on his own and have the strength to make it stick. It's good that he'll get notification from the court about the cancellation, otherwise his parents probably wouldn't tell him.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #742 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:52am

Vacation is over. *WAIL!*

My eyes gave out before the proofing was done so I still have some to do. Tomorrow will see it finished. We have to hit the bank in the morning so I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #743 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 9:41am

Morning.

I was up late last night, working on NR again. I managed to expand on a "bare" spot in Chapter 31 that needed a little more, it's a lot better and more detailed now.

I won't be around the entire day today. Hubby will be running errands later on and wants me to go with him. I've been told I'm taking a break from the computer whether I like it or not. Maybe an hour or two won't hurt me... Much as I'd rather stay home and get back to working on Chapter 34....

I'm here until we leave, not sure what time that will be.

Now to finish getting caught up and to get Son's book bag packed. I'm here for a bit yet. Tongue

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #744 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:00am

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:12am:
Yeah, he's gotta make the break on his own and have the strength to make it stick. It's good that he'll get notification from the court about the cancellation, otherwise his parents probably wouldn't tell him.

I don't even know if they told him I spent the weekend in the hospital, or if they did, if they've told him how serious it potentially is.

For years, I've had people telling me that my passing out is faked, and I do it for attention.  So it's been nice to have vindication that nope, I'm not faking it, there's definitely something going on.

Of course, someone last night said, "Oh, you could still be faking it.  People can lower their own heart rate."

Really?  In my sleep?  I'm dropping my heart rate to 26 beats a minute in my sleep on purpose?

*sigh*  People are idiots LOL

I've got another friend who's conspiring with me to get hold of him and let him know that I haven't given up, I'm not filing for divorce, I do want to work things out.  And this is a friend who goes way, way back, and even knows his brother, so they may actually let this one talk to him.

I just know I absolutely have to get him out of there.  Even if he doesn't want to work on our marriage at all, and just wants to give up, him being there is NOT good for him.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #745 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:18am

It's hereditary in your case and it's at dangerous levels by times from what I've been seeing!

Good, I hope this other friend is able to talk to him, AR! Hopefully they can be the go between and his family won't be suspicious!

Agreed, it's not healthy for him to be where he is right now. He should be on his own or with some friends/family who are NOT so controlling, etc and in a much healthier environment.

I'm soon going to start getting ready to run errands. Hubby said something about a trip to the local pagan shop so I'm going to make a list of herbs I need. I've never been over there, so this ought to be fun! Cheesy (If they're open that is, I'm waiting for a local bud of mine to get back to me with their hours, etc, if she knows them!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #746 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:31pm

Heading out now, I'll be back in a few hours. Have a great day everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #747 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:28pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:18am:
It's hereditary in your case and it's at dangerous levels by times from what I've been seeing!

Good, I hope this other friend is able to talk to him, AR! Hopefully they can be the go between and his family won't be suspicious!

Agreed, it's not healthy for him to be where he is right now. He should be on his own or with some friends/family who are NOT so controlling, etc and in a much healthier environment.

I'm soon going to start getting ready to run errands. Hubby said something about a trip to the local pagan shop so I'm going to make a list of herbs I need. I've never been over there, so this ought to be fun! Cheesy (If they're open that is, I'm waiting for a local bud of mine to get back to me with their hours, etc, if she knows them!)

At this point, I'm leaving it in Uni's hands.  I think that's one of the lessons I still haven't learned; to trust Uni, even if it hurts to be away from him.

If this last friend isn't able to talk to him at all, then I'm leaving it up to him to contact me in whatever way he can.  It may just be that his family currently has such tight control of him that he can't contact me right now, no matter how much he wants to.

And he does have to get himself straight before we can be together.  If we throw ourselves right back into it, sure we'll be great for a little while, because this has been such a shock, but then we won't have had the time to really make the changes last.

In my heart, I know we'll be together again.  I know we will.  I just don't know when, and that's what's so hard right now.  But I do know what I have to do to speed that up, and if he wants it, he'll make it happen, too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #748 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:14pm

Afternoon! I've arrived finally. We had to go to the bank to move money around. It is now where it is supposed to be and all is right with our financial world.

AR, I am afraid that if I had been in the hospital getting proof that I actually DID HAVE a physical problem and some knucklehead said I was "faking it", said knucklehead would get a serious tongue lashing, perhaps accompanied with a few solid whacks with the nearest heavy object followed by their expeditious and permanent removal from my life!
Yes, I have a temper and I'm not afraid to use it....

As for the rest, I agree with you. Being with his parents isn't going to help him get better but getting back together with you right now won't be in either of your best interests either. I know how hard "waiting" is. I've been doing a lot of that the last five years...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #749 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:32pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:14pm:
Afternoon! I've arrived finally. We had to go to the bank to move money around. It is now where it is supposed to be and all is right with our financial world.

AR, I am afraid that if I had been in the hospital getting proof that I actually DID HAVE a physical problem and some knucklehead said I was "faking it", said knucklehead would get a serious tongue lashing, perhaps accompanied with a few solid whacks with the nearest heavy object followed by their expeditious and permanent removal from my life!
Yes, I have a temper and I'm not afraid to use it....

As for the rest, I agree with you. Being with his parents isn't going to help him get better but getting back together with you right now won't be in either of your best interests either. I know how hard "waiting" is. I've been doing a lot of that the last five years...

I couldn't believe he said that.  Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised, as he's also the same one that said the fight between J couldn't have been that been, and I was faking the sprained ankles, even thought there was a witness to the fight, and the ankles were swollen and are still bruised a week and a half later...

Ugh... some people are just... GRAH...

On another note, I have an action plan to get my head straight.  I can't get on meds for anxiety and depression, because those things lower the heart rate, and obviously, I don't need mine any lower.

I can't stand being here most of the time, because everything reminds me of J.  And he can't come back here if we do get back together, because everyone here is mad at him for hurting me, and I don't blame them.  I do understand that completely.

So either way, I have to get my own place.  ASAP.  Because I cannot take much more of the fighting back tears every time someone says something, does something, or I see something that reminds me of J.  Fresh start is absolutely ASAP priority ONE at this point.

If I can pull it off, I'll have my own place October 22nd.  A week before our first anniversary.  And maybe we can celebrate it together.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40
Send TopicPrint