Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 40394 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #800 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:20am

Morning.

AR, like Penth, I will never call you crazy... "Sane", "strong", "fun" and "positive" are the adjectives I think of when I think of you!  Smiley You have an inner core of strength that helps you keep going... The stuff you went through would make a much lesser person beg for mercy, dig a hole and hide, while you're doing your best to move forward... And I think you're doing wonderfully. Smiley

And yes,  Smiley will be gladly given! Sometimes that's all a person needs to help them take a few more steps forward.

As for sounding boards, you won't find a better place loaded with them than Sanctuary... Everyone here has listened to each other a lot without tossing out advice unless it's asked for, everyone here supports each other fully, despite the distance between most of us and hugs and love are freely doled out. Yeah, we do get silly sometimes and Penth and I are always talking about our writing but it wouldn't be Sanctuary if we didn't do that!!! LOL

Anyway, the short moderator is in for a bit... Hubby works his weekday day shift so I'll be alone today... Offline and WRITING again!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley I got over a chapter written up yesterday, and I'm hoping to wrap up Chapter 35 and get deep into Chapter 36... "Crash and Burn", phase 2 is coming up shortly and so are a couple of key scenes that may not seem significant at first but will play a HUGE part in the last few chapters of the story. Wink Yeah, the closer I get to finishing the darn story, the more I want to work on it... Meaning I'm thinking of it 24/7!!!!!

I'm losing my cotton picking mind....... Smiley

I'm going to get caught up quickly, I'm here until about 8:30 or so my time, then I'll be offline--WRITING!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #801 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:27am

I miss my calm life.  The life where he and I would spend all our time together, and I'd work just enough to pay the bills LOL

Now?  I have a bunch of teenagers to drive to school everyday.  I'm going to have doctor's appointments up the whazoo.  And I work to keep my mind off of my broken heart.

But all the signs keep telling me to have patience.  that he has to get his life together, and when he feels ready, he'll contact me, and we'll get back together.  And that it will happen sooner than anyone thinks.

The signs also tell me to get my butt busting so I can get my own place, which will help to expedite the getting back together process, or the healing process if we don't ever get back together.

It's about fresh starts now.  Starting over.

I did a reading with one of my Faerie decks last night, and it basically pointed out that I can't give into temptation.  I have to have hope, yes, because there is hope, but if I give into my temptation and push too hard for us to be back together too soon, we'll slip back into old habits, and it will happen again.  And if it does happen again, that would have to be the end forever.

So patience is my current lesson, and it's one that I'm really, really, really struggling with.

My new client paid me last night  Grin Which is always good.  It means I could put gas in the car, pay some money back that I owe, and I'm a little bit closer to one of my smaller goals, which I will have the rest of the money for on Monday.

I'm pushing myself hard to work as many hours as I can now.  I have to do it just to prove to myself that I can.  For the last year and a half, everyone blamed J for not letting me work enough.  I even found myself slipping into blaming him as well.  But he's not here now to keep me from working, and I'm still not making as much as I'd like.  This whole process has made me realize how many mistakes I made all around, and is helping me to figure out how to fix it.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #802 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:02am

Keeping busy with work, helping others out by driving them places now and then and hanging out with friends will help things a little too... All of it will give your mind a break, even a short one, from things bouncing around in your head.

Sometimes all we need is a little time and distance from a situation to see what mistakes we've made ourselves if any, not just everyone else's... Some people, like you, are able to see it not long after things happen, others can take years or don't see it at all. You're one of those lucky ones who are able to see things right away, AR. Sometimes I wish I had that good of insight!

Mistakes are a part of being human after all. Wink

Hubby is getting ready to leave soon... Half an hour or so before I'm unsupervised for a few hours! Muwahahahahahaha......... Tongue
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:02am by Veridian Etoile »  

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #803 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:34am

I'm out of here for now, I have just under 6 hours to get Chapter 35 finished and hopefully start Chapter 36.

See y'all later this afternoon, have a great day everyone! Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #804 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:48pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:02am:
Keeping busy with work, helping others out by driving them places now and then and hanging out with friends will help things a little too... All of it will give your mind a break, even a short one, from things bouncing around in your head.

Sometimes all we need is a little time and distance from a situation to see what mistakes we've made ourselves if any, not just everyone else's... Some people, like you, are able to see it not long after things happen, others can take years or don't see it at all. You're one of those lucky ones who are able to see things right away, AR. Sometimes I wish I had that good of insight!

Mistakes are a part of being human after all. Wink

Hubby is getting ready to leave soon... Half an hour or so before I'm unsupervised for a few hours! Muwahahahahahaha......... Tongue

The problem with seeing things right away is that you have to wait for everyone else to catch up with you!

LMAO

Patience is my HUGE lesson right now.  I'm struggling with it.  I want HIM right NOW.  I don't want to wait.  But I also know that if I don't wait, if I don't make him fight for it, he won't cherish it, and someday, he'll throw it away again.  He has to know for himself how much it's worth, and yeah, if I ran out to get him, he's probably so miserable right now that he'd happily come home immediately, but it wouldn't do either of us any good.

No.  If we go through this separation process, with him getting his life on track and me getting mine on track, and we still want to be together afterwards, then it will be worth every minute of it.  And if we don't want to be together after, it will still be worth every minute of it, because it will have made us both better people no matter which way we go.

I know I've grown a whole lot in the last two weeks, and I realize what I need to do in order to have the life that I want, with or without him.  With him, it will be amazing.  Without him, it will still be good, but there will always be something missing.  But as long as he's happy, I'll be okay.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #805 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:10pm

Just got back from the doctor.  They managed to find a med that I can take for the depression and anxiety that won't lower my heart rate.  In fact, it may have the effect of raising my heart rate!  Bonus LOL

I have another appointment on Monday, and then yet another in two weeks.  Plus I'm waiting for the cardiologist's office to call and schedule that appointment.

Oh, good gods...

And I got signs while I was at the doctor's office.  I'm sitting there thinking of J, of course, and asked for a sign that if we are going to get back together, give me a sign.  Boom... yellow truck drives by...

Then I decided to ask for another very specific sign.  That if we are going to get back together in a certain period of time, another yellow vehicle will drive by and I will see it drive by before leaving the building.

Now, mind you, yellow cars aren't all that common.  That's why J always like to play that game, because you could go days without seeing one.

Yeah... yellow car drove by just a minute before the doctor came back in to tell me his conclusions and what he was prescribing, etc.  So yup, I'm getting my signs still LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #806 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:45pm

I'm here, finally.
The manuscript is in the mail to the copyright office so I can now turn my mind to other things.
Yesterday was hell from start to finish so I'm going to take it easy the rest of the week. The absolute earliest I can have the art ready is early next week because I need to get a largish sheet of 1/2 inch masonite to mount it on and it will be Saturday before I can get it. So, I'm going to get the supplementary pieces of text that I need for Book 1 ready, including a "teaser" from Book 2 -- and what to use will take some thought -- and then start the "getting ready to register/publish" process on Book 2. I did a little work on 3 last night while dinner was cooking, mainly correcting formatting errors, and I may do more of that tonight if the brain isn't good for anything else.

Yes, AR, I would say that Uni is doing all that he/it can to assure you that things are going to work out as long as you have patience. I know a lot about being patient. It isn't easy, especially when you want someone in your life NOW and you know how much better and brighter your life would be if that person was in it. But, unfortunately, the other person has to realize that too and be willing to do what it takes as well. And sometimes, "the other person" can be a bit slow to catch on. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #807 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:53pm

Smiley

I'm back and still trying to transition from writing mode to mother/moderator mode. Feeling wonky, giddy, cross eyed, high as a kite from the rush, and just plain OUT OF IT!!! Smiley

Chapter 35: DONE. Smiley

Chapter 36: HALFWAY DONE. Smiley

A HUGE scene was done today too. Heh.  Smiley

Over 5,000 words in just under six hours... YIKES, when I get on a roll, I get on a roll.....  Smiley

AR, it's nice to know the Uni is still giving you GOOD signs... I do hope that things work out for you!  Smiley

And for the record, yellow cars are not that common in my area either... There are two almost identical Mustangs, both yellow though... One is owned by a lady I used to work with, she has it pimped up with all Tweety Bird stuff (LOVE IT!) and the other one is just a regular yellow Mustang. Other than that I think there may be five other yellow cars in the area. The rest are your everyday colors like silver, brown, white, black, etc.

Okay, I'm here but still out of it... Smiley Time to get caught up too. I'll be rereading and editing ALL I wrote today, plus adding more detail to that "key scene" I managed to get mostly done just before bus time. If I can get that finished and move on a little bit more, I'll be a happy camper.

Did I eat that onion????  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #808 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:19pm

I'm back.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #809 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:32pm

Gotcha Penth, welcome back. Cheesy

I think I'm going to hold off updating my writing blog until tomorrow... If I write anything else today, I want it to be in the MANUSCRIPT....

On a side note: I really, REALLY need a leash for that brain of mine... Sheesh!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #810 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:40pm

hehehe I know that feeling all too well!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #811 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:54pm

Yeah, if anyone would, it's another writer like you or someone in the ultra creative field!!! Smiley

Son's distracted... Good thing because well... I'm going to see if I can add more detail to that last scene I wrote up... It's NOT fit for someone under the age of 18.... Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #812 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:17pm

Gotta love those R-rated scenes! When you finally get your hands on Book 3, you might want to keep it under lock and key. Thy offspring isn't nearly old enough for it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #813 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:18pm

KIDS.

Can't do it now, he's hanging around WAY too much for my piece of mind. I can't hold the curtain between the kitchen and the computer area shut when I'm typing...One side is easily done, I can hold it against the wall with my knee. The other side of it is behind me so holding it shut while typing is out. Roll Eyes

Maybe later. It does need a few more things added here and there to bring it up closer to my standards... Hmm....

Maybe I'd just better stick to bouncing around ideas for now. Or plan what to do in Chapter 37, which will probably be coming up soon....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #814 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:22pm

At the rate you're cranking out the new material, I'd say that's probably accurate. Skywise has left for work and I'm trying to be productive. The brain is still functioning at considerably less than optimum efficiency. I laid down but everyone else was in, out and around and not making much effort to be quiet. *sigh* I may have to confine myself to format checking tonight.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #815 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:23pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:17pm:
Gotta love those R-rated scenes! When you finally get your hands on Book 3, you might want to keep it under lock and key. Thy offspring isn't nearly old enough for it!

LOL, I won't have it on the desktop like I do with Book 2, that's for sure!!! He doens't know how to open Adobe, YET, thank the gods... But knowing THAT child, he'll figure it out now that I said he hasn't learned how to do it yet. He's THAT smart I swear!!! Roll Eyes

It was fun writing it up... And the worst of it is, my husband figured it out when I told him Son is NOT allowed near the computer while I'm editing the scene... *FACEPALM!!* He really razzed me for it and I haven't stopped blushing since!!

MEN.  Smiley (No offense, D, Skywise and LD!!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #816 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:25pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:22pm:
At the rate you're cranking out the new material, I'd say that's probably accurate. Skywise has left for work and I'm trying to be productive. The brain is still functioning at considerably less than optimum efficiency. I laid down but everyone else was in, out and around and not making much effort to be quiet. *sigh* I may have to confine myself to format checking tonight.

Smiley I know what you mean, things seem to always go BOOM the instant I try to sneak in a quick nap. Roll Eyes Between my son, that silly husband of mine and that goofy furball, I'm lucky if I can lay down for five minutes without hearing something crazy downstairs... And my bedroom is upstairs! Roll Eyes

Yeah, I've been going REALLY nuts getting new stuff added. Things are gelling quicker than I can get them down sometimes... And if I hit a "wall", I'll sit back, think about it for a while and do a reread/edit... Most of the time, that'll get me going again.

Writer's brain, gotta love it....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #817 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:30pm

And for the record, it's all "Penth friendly"... Just saying!!! Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #818 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:55pm

Thanks. Smiley My stuff is "Penth friendly" too but there is a lot of it and it goes on for pages in some scenes. I figured that having waited so long the characters, who were having a very hard time fighting their feelings, would be making up for lost time once they could!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #819 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:15pm

Smiley

I don't believe in writing something that will make me gag. If I find out one of my most trusted friends can't handle certain things, it's out and I will put in stuff that I know doesn't bother them.

The "BIG" scene I wrote up today is only a page and a half long... And it's only in the ROUGH stages. It needs MORE to it. (Not saying WHAT here, this IS a PG board after all!) It's at over 1000 words, but a LOT happens in it.

The next scene will be a bit of a "continuation" from that one so technically, it's going to be more than that in that way too.

Like your characters, these two were waiting awhile for this, but for different reasons. Let's just say that they wanted things to be a little more cleared up between them, but "instinct" took over! LOL I'm going to do a few "less is more" spots like I did in Part 1 but I plan on having a few "more is awesome" areas too. I don't have many "R" areas in the book and although the ones I have are good, I'd like to have a few more before things go boom and the grand finale.

I'm thinking in the continuation, the leading lady gets her "revenge".... Hehehehehe.... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #820 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:16pm

*giggle* Ah.... "revenge!" hehehe "Instinct" is good too.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #821 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:22pm

The second "scene" idea I mentioned not that long ago... Heh. LOL

Yeah it's good! ALL good... hehehehee....

Now I'm blushing again. Hubby is REALLY going to razz me if he sees how red my cheeks are! ARGH! *head desk!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #822 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:32pm

DRAT.

I was doing a quick edit on that "scene" and Son pulled back the curtain to the living room, scared the dickens out of me and he ALMOST saw what was on the screen!! Shocked

THAT WAS CLOSE!!!!  Smiley

On that note, I'm heading out now. Son's screaming for his computer time and I have to get things ready for the morning.

I'll probably work on things after the guys go to bed if Hubby doesn't come downstairs that is... And knowing my rotten luck, he probably will.... MEN.  Smiley

Have a great night everyone, see y'all later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #823 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:07pm

Nite!

I found a place in Book 2 where a sentence was missing and I had to hunt it up. Thank the Gods that I keep multiple copies of previous drafts tucked away!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #824 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:46pm

MoonCat has informed me that the Queen, who's currently outside, has reduced the local breeding population of squirrels by one...
She's gonna be indecently pleased with herself when she comes in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40
Send TopicPrint