Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My Projects (Read 1421 times)
Ravens Tears
God Member

My Projects
Sep 22nd, 2012 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Typical Gemini that I am, I have started way too many things at once. 

In sewing, I am currently replacing the material on the  roller blinds for my porch.  Luckily heavy-duty outdoor fabric was on sale so the blinds will only end up costing about $7 a piece.  I need to make at least 10 so this is a great savings!

I just finished a simple diagonal bias garter knit baby blanket.  I'm currently making a hat/scarf set for my youngest's girlfriend for the holidays and some anklets for the MIL.  Then I have about a dozen hats to make as that is what everyone is getting from me this year!

IP Logged

tabby

Re: My Projects
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
My hubby is a Gemini so I know how that can be. Lol I am an Aries but my hubby says I must be a Gemini because I'm very...oh shiny *darts away* Your projects all sound awesome!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Thanks Smiley  Technically I still have 4 blinds to make but I figured they can wait until I get to the far side of the porch where they need to go.. hence the need for spring cleaning!  They have been so simple to do though.  I think the wooden rollers are from at least the 1950's.  Back when they made things to be re-used!  The wood is in beautiful shape and there's only one that doesn't retract.  I got the rest of the projects done.  All were happy with their holiday presents.

I've gotten quite good at plain sock construction but I'm still not very good at sizing.  So, the last pair of socks I've knit now belong to the youngest boy.  He really loves them, I'm so glad all that time isn't going to go to waste!

Currently trying to find some nice patterns for wristlets.  The  Bloke and my oldest are also wanting socks but I'll be making them the heavier boot socks for work.

I've usually got dishcloths or baby hats on the go for when I'm feeling really distracted.  I can usually get those done in a day and it helps get me back on track, with a feeling of accomplishment. 

I think anyone who's really creative has what are considered typical "Gemini" traits.  And we have alot of seriously creative, imaginative and talented people here Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
We do have a lot of creative, imaginative members, that's for sure! Cheesy It doesn't matter what realm we create in either--be it crafts, knitting, drawing, sewing, etc. (in my case WRITING)--we do have a lot of gifted people in here in the creative realm.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint