Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1000 cranes (Read 1025 times)
tabby

1000 cranes
Mar 23rd, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I am currently working on making 1000 origami cranes.  After this set is done I want to do another 1000 in a smaller size and make a sculpture out of them as a wedding gift for my sister in law.

Count: 200

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: 1000 cranes
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Origami is gorgeous and the cranes are beautiful! I'd like to see pics of the sculpture after it's done, please Peapod!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

tabby

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
I sure will! I'm not entirely sure what I'm exactly doing yet but I want to print out paper with the belief of the 1000 cranes on it and then fold them and use them for the sculpture. I think I want to make a tree with them flying out of it (I'm sure that doesn't make sense but I can see it in my head). It's supposed to be coming from the father of the bride traditionally but I figure it would still be symbolic of the good wishes. I can be a bit eccentric though and I worry they won't "get" it or like it.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I can see something that uses fishing line or ultra thin wire to pull of the "flying" out of the tree maybe? White cranes is what I am seeing too, maybe a couple of red ones? Or did I get that messed up???? LOL

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint