Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXV: Post of Steel (Read 26085 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXV: Post of Steel
Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:26pm

We're about to leave so I'm signing out. See y'all in a couple of hours. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:50pm

We're back. I got two new books to read over the summer and we got a few things we needed.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:03pm

Did I just hear my sister FAINT from shock?? hehehehe....

NO I AM NOT READING FIFTY SHADES before anyone asks. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #28 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:49pm

My connection on the stick went wonky.... ARGH... It was so bad I tried the dial up!!! Smiley Dial up still stinky even with BRAND NEW modem AND new cord between the jack and the computer..................  Smiley

Yeah, I was that desperate.... Stick working now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:08pm

Afternoon. I've been having trouble too. I've been getting "Failure to connect to web server" about half the time when when I try to connect to Sanctuary.* NOT good for my sweet disposition! We've been home for a while but Skywise is leaving early so I've been rushing around a bit. He'll be leaving in about 10 minutes and I'll get caught up then.

* Including just now when I tried to post this! Thank the Gods for "Go back one page"!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #30 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:12pm

Sanctuary has been acting weird for me too even after I reset things. FB is okay, so is BlogSpot and other sites (notably email, got a couple of pics my Son sent home from school) but this place has been acting weird ever since we got home. Shocked

We're going back up after Son gets off the bus... Not sure what we're doing yet other than picking up a couple of things we NEED that STOOPID here forgot but we're doing something.

Hubby is trying to fix my computer chair. The hydraulics on the new one are... well..... TOAST... and if we can do it, we're going to try to put the hydraulics/bottom from the old chair onto the newer one so I'm not sinking to the floor every five minutes! It's pretty darn annoying when I'm on a roll with the writing and all of a sudden, I can't reach the blasted keyboard! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:22pm

I'll bet.

Well, then it's HostMonster's problem and not ours. I hope they get it straightened out soon. Not being able to "connect" makes me cranky!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #32 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:33pm

It's fixed now so hopefully that's IT for sinking every couple of minutes.

Yeah it's VERY annoying when it doesn't want to load even on high speed here.... I felt like I was on dial up for a bit! LOL

We're just about to get going so I'm going to sign out and get Son to get his books and toys so we can get up and back before suppertime. See y'all later! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:28pm

The Queen wants my attention and since I've hit a "thinking place", I'm going to take her up on it. See ya later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #34 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:29pm

We're back... And the stupid scroll wheel on my mouse is filthy. I'm going to see if I can clean the darn thing... I'm here and in FB, but I'll be cooking and editing between things. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #35 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:38pm

The guys are watching Star Trek TNG and Voyager so I'm going to get comfy and do an edit on Chapter 21 and 22 while things are quiet here.

I'm trying to figure something out in real life while I'm here too..... Hmm.........

If anyone smells smoke, it's just my brain trying to work. Tongue
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:38pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:48pm

I'm back. I didn't get much thinking done but I'm a bit more awake so that should help.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:49pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #37 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:08pm

That always helps, me at least! LOL

Son is watching TV but Hubby is busy getting things ready for work tomorrow morning... I have THREE DAYS left to write other than the occasional couple of hours here and there when Hubby takes Son shopping, and late nights for the next two months.... I'm really going to be going WONKY HERE... *starts gnawing on the monitor....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:18pm

My sympathies. I know how it is.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #39 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:36pm

Smiley If anyone understands, it's you.

I may wind up turning up the zoom on Word tomorrow. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:50pm

Right now I'm in the middle of writing a conversation and I'm trying segue from one topic to another in which some important info is revealed. Both topics are written, I just have to figure out how to "change the subject" naturally.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:52pm

Smiley I just thought of something that needs explaining. I think I have a reasonable explanation, now where to put it without wrecking the flow of the conversation....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #42 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:42pm

Ugh, I HATE it when that happens!! I had to add more into Chapter 22 at one point because the one character kinda loses it a little too early and I had to fill things in a little better. It'll probably wind up having more to it but the bare bones is there at least.

Chapter 22 is going to be one HECK of a long chapter compared to others in this one!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:53pm

Fortunately the explanation only needed a few lines and it is now in place. I'll go over it later this evening and make sure that it flows properly. NOW I'll get back to that "change of topic" problem.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 4:33am

The change of topic problem is solved and I wrote the end of a minor scene. I still have to write the lead in to it but it's a "visiting the new mother" scene so no heavy drama is expected. I also added bits and pieces to some other scenes and fixed typos. All in all, a decent days work. Skywise is home and we have places to be in the morning, I'm going to resist the urge to keep writing and head for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #45 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 9:16am

Morning. It's another writing day for me. I'm hoping to get moving in Chapter 23 and get closer to that huge splice/tweak I've been working on since Penth threw an idea at me in March.

Time to get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #46 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:57am

Offline for the day. Not sure what's happening now.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #47 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:32pm

I'm back and despite a rough start, I did get a little bit added to the manuscript today. Shocker.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #48 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:49pm

I'm kinda woozy from the transition mode... I'm going to do an edit if Son will let me, I wrote pretty much right up until bus time and didn't get a chance to do it yet.

Brain MOOSHY.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:07pm

Afternoon. We got back about 20 minutes ago and while the news isn't good, it could be worse.
Our new doctor is NOT happy with the ER doctor. Skywise has high blood pressure and she's put him on a stronger medication than he's been taking this week. Salt is being restricted immediately. We'll be cutting it back as much as we can without killing him. He's scheduled for an EKG and chest x-ray on Monday which the ER doc should have ordered but didn't and another reason why our new Doc is unhappy but since he was fasting this morning all the blood work is done. He also has some actual antibiotic drops for the eye INFECTION that the ER doc brushed off as an allergy. I'm a wreck, Skywise is only a little better mainly because he has his job to concentrate on. He's of the opinion that his supervisor job is the only reason he's alive. The Indianapolis plant is HUGE and when he's supervising he is constantly walking from one end to the other and back and forth and that daily exercise (thousands of steps in an 8 hour shift) is likely what has kept his heart healthy although they're going to do tests to confirm that. This has taken us somewhat by surprise. Skywise knows nothing about the medical history of his father's side of the family. My selfish, self-righteous bitch of a mother-in-law told his dad to leave and never come back when Skywise was four (had to keep husband number 4 happy) and wouldn't give Skywise any information that he could use to find his dad when he was older. Chances are his dad is dead by now since he'd be in his late 80's/early 90's by now.
I don't know if I'll be doing any writing in the near future. I have research to do if we're going to get his sodium intake down. Plus, I don't know if I can get into it right now. I'll be around but I'll probably have a couple of tabs open "googling" nutrition information from the places we eat, low salt recipes and compiling a list of the sodium content of everything we have in the pantry. Smiley
Plus dealing with Moonie who has been reading this post and is starting to obsess about her paternal grandfather's family medical history.... 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Send TopicPrint