Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVI: The Lone Post!! (Read 28274 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVI: The Lone Post!!
Reply #25 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 1:29am

Been working on the dishes. What I really need to do is work on the cookbook, the stand for the cookbook or the bookcase for the over two dozen cookbooks I have stacked around.
What I want to do is go to a place that exists only in memory and talk to someone I haven't spoken to in years but I have no way to contact him.  Cry He will have to find me but I've made myself easy to find.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 4:52am

Found out that a dress pattern that I couldn't find today has gone out of print. Fortunately, I found my size on amazon and snatched it up. And that is IT for buy on amazon for a while. I gotta save the bucks for other stuff I'm going to need.

Skywise isn't home yet -- dang overtime -- but I'm going to head out. I'm yawning and the cognitive functions are slowing down.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 29,700

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #27 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:39am

Morning.  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 5:24pm

Afternoon. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #29 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 5:38pm

Husband is on his way to work, and Son is playing SNES games... I'm going to see about editing for a bit... The eyes are not the greatest right now but I'll do my best to get a little work done today. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 5:54pm

We hit two grocery stores and I have "most" of what I'll need for most of my culinary experiments. I'm still going through the cookbooks and pulling out recipes for the "pantry basics" that I'm accustomed to buying but will now have to make in order for them to have an acceptable level of sodium in them. At least I've found a no salt added cooking stock in beef and chicken that I can keep on hand, in the pantry so unless I need stock/broth that is even LOWER in sodium I won't have to worry about making my own. I've got most of what I need for the salad dressing experiments (need unsweetened apple juice concentrate) and the "pork and bean" project. Smiley And I heard from the seller of my missing cookbooks. They were shipped from different warehouses (an oozing pox on whoever entered the same tracking number for both packages!) and the second package should arrive soon. That's a relief!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #31 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 6:17pm

That's good that you know what happened to the other books, Penth!

Never fails.. Son was fine playing video games and staying in the living room while I was playing games in FB, but the instant I opened Word and started editing, he decided to turn off the SNES and start walking back and forth between the kitchen and living room, or hang out around the computer area... His radar must be on FULL FORCE today.

KIDS!!!! Roll Eyes

I've told him if he walks by here ONE MORE TIME within the next fifteen minutes, he loses computer time... I got screamed at for it but he's now sitting in the living room with a tonne of toys on the big armchair..... I think he got the message that time... Or I hope he did!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 6:39pm

I hope he did too!

I don't know how much more cookbook work I'll do today. My eyes are giving me fits. Some eye irritant must have bloomed in the last few days.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 7:02pm

Okay. The eyes win. I'm going to go rest them in the hope that they'll feel better after being closed for a while. Be back later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 8:28pm

The hands are hurting and I'm feeling wonky myself so I'm going to go curl up on the chair with Cat for a while. I'm not sure if I'll be back later or not. Hubby is working the closing shift tonight so I'm on bedtime duty with Son. I'll see how I feel in a couple of hours. If I make it back, I make it back. If I don't, I don't.

See y'all later and in case I don't make it back, have a great night everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2013 at 9:58pm

I'm back. My eyes feel better. Just in time to start working on dinner. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 2:34am

Dinner's over and it wasn't too bad if I do say so myself. I'm still getting the hang of this "low-salt/no salt" cooking style but Skywise isn't complaining so I must be doing something right.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:24am

Heading out. I'm a tired little writerperson and I still have a few things to do. I'll stop in quickly before we head out to the fair -- have to check the weather radar -- and I don't know when we'll be back -- mid to late afternoon, depending on how long it takes us to see what we want to see. And yes, I'll be packing my knee brace, just in case.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:39pm

I'm here and busy trying to get caught up. I didn't sleep well again last night so I may take off when Hubby gets home later this afternoon. My eyes are a tad wonky from editing a lot over the last few days but I'm hoping between aspirin and eye drops they'll behave for a couple of hours today...

I need coffee and a few gallons of it please........  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 1:15pm

Morning. We're getting ready to head out. Everyone have a great day and I'll be back sometime this afternoon!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:01pm

I hope Penth and her family have a blast! Cheesy

In current news............

Today, the BBC announces who will be replacing Matt Smith as the Doctor... It will be on in about 2 hours, at 3 p.m. my time (or 7 p.m. in the UK) and I'll be watching it on Space, our sci-fi fantasy channel.

I'll be online while the announcement is being made so I can post it for my friends who don't get that channel, or any of the other channels that will be carrying the announcement.

I'm going to be working on things related to Book 1/NR while I'm waiting... A lot of my friends and I agree that Ten (David Tennant) was the best Doctor, but we all love Matt Smith (Eleven) too. If I like Twelve even half as much as I love Ten and Eleven, I'm going to enjoy the new incarnation immensely..... Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:02pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #41 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:02pm

One hour to go until we find out who Twelve will be!!!

I'm still editing and doing stuff in relation to Book 1/NR... I have to have something to do to keep me busy while I'm waiting!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #42 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 6:45pm

It's now official:

Peter Capaldi is going to be the twelfth incarnation of the Doctor. He's older than Matt Smith, at 55 years old, but I think he's going to do a good job as the Doctor. In some ways, he kind of reminded me of Tennant (played Ten), probably because of the suit he was wearing!

I'm okay with it although I'm REALLY going to cry when Smith leaves during the Christmas special in December...... Cry It's going to be almost as bad as seeing Tennant leave for me!

Back to editing now while I wait for Hubby to call me from town... I hope to hear from him within the next three hours.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 9:18pm

Smiley We're back.. I'd have been here sooner but I had to add time to my phone. I'd completely forgotten that it was due to expire today! YIKES! And, of course, the site decided to give me attitude and then crash on me.  Smiley  The bestest thing today was that I was able to replace my broken sunglasses with a pair that is identical in style and nearly identical in color. They had three pairs and I bought all three. If I can keep from stepping on them, they should last me quite a while. I see I have a PM waiting....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #44 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 9:35pm

YAY about the sunglasses Penth!

I've been working in stuff related to Book 1 and contemplating Doctor Who stuff again... I see so many negative comments on the Doctor Who pages I follow in FB... A lot of people are ticked off that the next incarnation will be an older man who isn't "eye candy" like David Tennant and Matt Smith... Yeah, both guys are adorable in my mind (Tennant is yummy in my mind!) but who says the Doctor HAS to be eye candy just because the last three incarnations were not bad (Nine) to ultra sexy (Ten)? Others are ticked because they think the incarnation should be "younger" or younger looking than Eleven/Smith is... Personally I don't care, it's all about the acting in my mind and if Capaldi can play the part, that's all that matters to me. I do admit to having reservations when Ten left but Eleven grew on me and I'm going to miss that incarnation.

I say if a person is a TRUE Whovian, they won't care and will gladly hang on and enjoy the ride with Twelve, just as we've done with previous incarnations!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 9:45pm

Thanks, VE.

Someone always has to "complain" no matter what. I'm under the impression that Dr. Who is the last of his kind and it's only "twelve incarnations to a customer" for his people. If that is the case, then the complainers had better enjoy the new guy while he's around because unless some incredibly clever writer finds a way around it, the Twelfth Doctor will be the last......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #46 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 9:56pm

Actually I think they've changed things so the Doctor has more than twelve incarnations, that was changed a while back because the show is so popular and the first run of it is a cult classic.

I got the impression the Doctor is the last of his kind too, but there HAS been other members of his race show up during the earlier course of the show, so it's possible he may not be the last of his kind.

I'm still anxious to see the 50th anniversary special in November, TEN will be on it! Cheesy  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 10:04pm

Okay. Don't want to "kill the golden goose" so to speak. And a lost colony that escaped their planet's destruction would be just the thing.  And I KNOW that you're anxious to see that November episode. You haven't made any secret of it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 10:11pm

I just looked up the story on the BBC. He's not a studly sex god but he's not a bad looking man either and I daresay he'll have his share of devoted fangirls.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #49 - Aug 4th, 2013 at 10:18pm

Exactly, Penth. He's not ugly by any means. My first impression was "Wow, not bad looks wise" and yeah he did kind of remind me of Ten in some ways... I still think it's the suit he was wearing! Tongue

Yeah, I've been kinda going nutso about that haven't I???  Smiley I'm bad, I know, but TEN will be in it and I love David Tennant's acting... The fact he's REALLY easy on the eyes is only icing on that proverbial cake........  Smiley

Well, not as easy as my #1 Hottie but y'all get the idea.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Send TopicPrint