Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Lady Keyholder's Wardrobe (Read 14049 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Lady Keyholder's Wardrobe
Reply #100 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Last one:

M7217-1.jpg ( 60 KB | Downloads )
M7217-1.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 4:19am
Print Post  
I bought a new pattern today. The problem is that even if I make up the outfits -- which I'm not going to be able to do until I have the surgery -- is that I have no place to wear them. *sigh* I'd look gorgeous if I did.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
As I mentioned elsewhere today, I'm planning on making a suit of leather "light cavalry" armor in the Sangaran Amazon style. Having looked over the instructions for women's leather armor that I found online, I "think" that I can adapt one of my corset patterns for the project. I'm gonna have to save up for this project though. Leather ain't cheap! Fortunately, I've worked a little with leather before and I have most of the tools that I'll need so I'm spared that expense. The belt blank I ordered for my sword belt arrived today. It already has a slot cut for the buckle and the snaps installed but no holes and the end hasn't been trimmed. I'll use my current belt to get the hole spacing right. I'm going to cut the belt long enough to fit over my winter coat. I intend to wear the belt (and sword) over the armor I'll eventually make and I don't know how bulky it will turn out to be. So... better too long than too short! I can least start working on the belt as soon as I get the thread I need and some Edge Kote from Tandy Leather.

Post # 36,990
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2016 at 11:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 5:20am
Print Post  
HOT DIDDLEY DAMN!!!!!!

This is from last October but it just hit my fb newsfeed. I see an empty wallet in my future!!

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/94828/20151013/great-news-for-cosplayers-cospl...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Long time, no post.
Yeah, I know but if you've been hanging out here, you know what's been going on with me so I won't recap.

I've lost 44 pounds since late August and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to consider new wardrobe. Loose sweats and tees still fit, more or less, but without a belt, my jeans slide off with very little encouragement. The problem is, what to replace my wardrobe with?
When I was a young teenager, everything that I liked and that "fit" was "too old" -- it made me look older than I was, a definite "no-no" back in the day. Now, what is considered "appropriate" for a woman my age makes me look like an old woman. I may be old but I don't want to look older than I have to! I suspect that my sewing machine is going to get a workout but before I do that, I have to decide what to make. Leggings are out unless they're under a long tunic in cold weather... and maybe not then! Looking at websites that feature fashions for "older women" are depressing. "Vintage" may have possibilities.

I may have to start a scrapbook of what "could" work and go from there. *sigh* Story of my life.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2020 at 1:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Aug 2nd, 2020 at 2:11am
Print Post  
It's looking like pants that I can adjust easily and pullover tunics are going to be the basis of my wardrobe along with tees and sweat suits when I want to be both warm and comfortable. I'm not sewing yet, suitable fabric is hard to find since a lot of that comes from China and not a lot is coming out of there lately and may not for the foreseeable future. I "hope" those who can get the textile industry in this country back up and running. It has all but died thanks to the Chinese using what amounts to slave labor to run their textile factories.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Just went slightly nuts ordering sewing patterns. Since I'm starting to get something resembling a "nice" figure, I decided to indulge myself in some "magickal" outfits that I have absolutely no use for but want anyway. Of the two I've ordered, the one below is the most risque.

61VLf89poeL__AC_.jpg ( 49 KB | 52 Downloads )
61VLf89poeL__AC_.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
And this is the other one.
I have a feeling that Skywise will prefer the first one.... Smiley

Post # 43,250
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:26pm by Penthesilea »  

818L9TmFFML__AC_SL1500_.jpg ( 165 KB | 53 Downloads )
818L9TmFFML__AC_SL1500_.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
One copy of the purple dress pattern arrived today. The black one should arrive tomorrow and the second copy of the purple one -- I ordered all available sizes -- should be here on Friday. NOW I get to decide what dress to make first -- there is a third one not shown here in contention -- and what color or colors it should be and what trim, if any to use. I also want to add a hood and since none of these patterns have one, that will take some thought......  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2020 at 6:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
This is the third dress under consideration. In a color other than white, of course.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:31pm by Penthesilea »  

White:gold_gown.png ( 657 KB | 57 Downloads )
White:gold_gown.png

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Gonna make this first. I ordered the fabric for the tunic today so I "should" be working on it soon. Hope so, my nerves need something to keep my mind and fingers busy and the pattern isn't too difficult....
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:32am by Penthesilea »  

Tunic___Pants_pattern.png ( 51 KB | 54 Downloads )
Tunic___Pants_pattern.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint