Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26853 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #275 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 4:30pm

I just got drooled on by a very smoochy kitty.... LOL

That's a lot of canned goods, Penth. *SIGH*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #276 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 4:33pm

Going offline now. Have a nice afternoon.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #277 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 4:36pm

You too. Have fun!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #278 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 6:36pm

"The Stolen Earth" is currently on, and the other half of it, "Journey's End" will be on after that. They're two of my favorites featuring Ten, and kind of sad in some respects.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #279 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:28pm

We're back. The parade was over at a little after 3 and we stopped and got something to eat so I don't have to scramble to get dinner ready. This is good 'cause my legs/feet are killing me! Standing up on concrete for nearly 2 hours will do that. I've decided that next year, we're taking the chairs -- one for me at least!! The spirit is willing but the lower extremities flat out refuse!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #280 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:37pm

The two parter is over, we're on to the 2008 Christmas special now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #281 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:19pm

The legs are NOT happy, aspirin notwithstanding, so I'm going to go stretch them out for a while. Be back later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #282 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:38pm

I'm heading out now for the night. Son wants computer time, he's been bugging me for it for the last four hours, and I did tell him he'd get it around 6... It's going on for seven now.

See y'all later, have a great night.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #283 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 10:41pm

Nite.

The legs feel some better so I'm in for the rest of the evening.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #284 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:48am

I'm bored and relatively unsupervised.

Time to work on my plan for world domination.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #285 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:46am

Research on my plan proceeds well. Be afraid! Be VERY afraid!
That said, it's late and I'm tired so my fiendish plan will have to wait until another time. I'm heading for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #286 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 10:29am

Morning.

It's Thanksgiving and that means it's going to be nuts here. I have a lot to do today and will be quiet while I'm doing the prep work. Hubby works the short day shift today and I'll probably be going offline for the night when he gets home later this afternoon.

First on the agenda, COFFEE.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #287 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 11:25am

I have most of the pots, pans, etc I'm going to need today organized. I have the container ready for the cheesecake, I have the mixing bowls, etc out, the pan for the potatoes, the pans for the chicken, and even a few other things I won't need until later on. I'm going to be washing dishes as I go during the prep work, that way if I have to reuse a bowl or something else, I can. Nanny, my mother and my mother in law did things like that and they kind of passed it along to me and my sister, etc. LOL

First up, getting that cheesecake out of the way. It takes a few hours to set, and I'm going to get that done first thing.

AFTER another cup of coffee. I'm not fully awake yet, and need just a tad more caffeine before I dive into the craziness of getting everything on the go.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #288 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 11:50am

Starting on the prep work now. Never fails... I lift my tush from the computer chair and Monitor Kitteh makes an appearance... FURBALLS!! Roll Eyes Tail draped across the screen.................. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #289 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:23pm

Cheesecake is done... Next, potatoes! AFTER I get the dishes done. I'm soaking a few things left over from last night now, so it'll be a half hour before I can attack things.

I'll probably get the chicken out of the fridge and see if that's defrosted too while I'm at it. I pulled it out last night and it's pieces, so it should be done defrosting sometime soon... I hope. LOL I have onions, mushrooms and carrots to prep as well, and I'm also considering making lemon curd, if I have all of the ingredients for it that is... Hubby and Son LOVE lemon pie, but where I don't like the meringue, I don't make it (I always take it off and give it to one of the guys! LOL I know, I'm weird)... Having lemon curd on the side for an extra dessert or to put on the cheesecake will be a happy and nice surprise for both guys... Hopefully I have EVERYTHING for it... I'm going to check before I start making it, to be safe... LOL

I'm going to open Book 2 and work on that for a bit while I'm waiting for the stuff in the sink to be ready... AND have another coffee! It's not even 10 a.m. here and I'm getting tired just THINKING about all of the stuff I have left to do... That calls for more caffeine... LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #290 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:47pm

The chicken thighs are STILL frozen solid so they're on the toaster oven right now, defrosting. *SIGH* Hopefully they'll be done by the time Hubby gets home, because that's when everything is going into the oven.....

Brain is NOT wanting to function today, but I'm going to edit and think about things for Book 2 while I'm plugging along and taking the occasional break....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #291 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:07pm

#1 PEI potatoes, my.... *FOOT*!!! *SIGH*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #292 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:13pm

I have the stuff for lemon curd! I'm going to whiz that up NOW so it's set and cooled off before Hubby gets home... I'm soaking the dirt off of the potatoes so I'll give them a scrub down after the curd is in the fridge, cooling....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #293 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:49pm

Lemon curd: DONE and in the fridge, cooling and setting... Potatoes: washed and I'll be cutting them into wedges shortly, and soaking them so there isn't a lot of starch on them so they crisp up better on the outside when they're baked.

What's next? AFTER another cup of coffee that is, I've had only three cups of half caff and need MORE....  Smiley

Oh yeah... Peeling and cutting the carrots and soaking them too. Geez......... DERP!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #294 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 2:42pm

The potatoes are cut into wedges and are now soaking the starch away, and the spice/herb mixture is ready for the chicken, carrots, onions, etc. I'm going to wait a while before I start peeling carrots, I want to relax for a bit, it's not going to be a lot and I'll probably attack them when I get the chicken into the pan, etc before I do that. I plan on having everything just about ready to toss into the oven by the time Hubby gets home from work. The only thing I really *Have* to wait on until he walks in is the potatoes, because they do tend to turn brown and sometimes taste weird if they're not in cold water for a while. I'll dry them off and toss them with the herbs and oil after he's home and I'm offline.

Break time... I'm thinking a half sandwich for lunch and maybe sneaking a can of Hubby's Pepsi Throwback... Hehehehehehehe...........

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #295 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:07pm

Morning. I'm in just long enough to check in. We made a decision late last night and are acting on it this morning. Details later when we get back from Greenwood.

Happy Thanksgiving, VE. Don't cook yourself into a coma!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #296 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:24pm

Gotcha, I'll be around for a couple of more hours, no worries!

*SALUTES!* I won't and thanks. I'm almost done the prep work so I'm editing and relaxing. Hopefully everything goes great on your trip to Greenwood! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #297 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:59pm

Slight change in plans. We're not leaving as fast as I thought we were so I have time to explain.
Last night, I put a package of chicken on a trivet on the workstation to thaw. When I checked the chicken, it was thawing nicely but the condensation that was dripping off of the package soaked into the marble and made spots! I wiped off the excess water and separated the pieces so it could dry -- hoping the spots weren't permanent (they weren't). THEN, the SunLord threw up on the workstation. Fortunately, Skywise and I were near at hand and cleaned it up quickly so the acid in it wouldn't etch the marble. After that, I went online for some in depth research. It turns out that what the designers and some installers don't tell you is that marble is basically a bad choice for a kitchen counter. Not only will it absorb water, causing temporary spots, even if it's sealed but anything spilled on it that isn't Ph-neutral will permanently etch the stone if it isn't cleaned up fast. If the acid is strong enough, the marble will fizz like baking soda! Smiley So if the SunLord were to hurl on it during the night, the top would be permanently etched by morning. After some more research, we found out that granite would be a better choice for the kitchen. So we'll be going back to Menard's to get more of the granite tiles while they are on sale. Otherwise we can't afford them. Granite needs sealing but it is MUCH more durable than marble and I won't have to worry about a splash of lemon or tomato juice ruining my countertop. *sigh* As least we found out before we had everything glued down....   

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #298 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:10pm

Shocked Yeah, it's a good thing you found out NOW and can quickly change things over to something a LOT more durable Penth! Granite is pretty too, and I'm sure y'all will find something that fits right in with the rest of what you have planned for the island.

*START RANT...*

I just listened to a "preview" single from the new album by the lead singer of Creed (Scott Stapp)... "New Day Coming". Since I know I won't get shot for saying this here, it's not exactly to "my" liking. It's too "pop" sounding for my taste, and not as "heavy" or "rock" sounding as something from "The Great Divide" was, and even then I didn't care for most songs on that album. "Slow Suicide", the first single off the new album is pretty good, but the new one? Um.... Nope, nope, nope... No offense to Stapp, the man has pipes, but geez, he seems to make things a little TOO pop sounding for my taste... That's why I prefer it when he's teamed up with Creed guitarist Tremonti for writing and producing, etc. It's more to what I actually LIKE!!

/rant.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #299 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:19pm

The two center tiles we got when we couldn't get more marble are granite so if we can't get something to "contrast" with it, we'll get more of the same. I just want something that's pretty and functional that I don't have to worry about and it was looking like I was going to be spending all my time taking care of/worrying about the countertop and I have other things to do besides that!

Sorry thee new album is a disappointment. Smiley Sometimes, performers decide to expand their horizons with indifferent to disastrous results.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40
Send TopicPrint