Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26822 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #300 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:27pm

Contrasting or the same would be pretty either way I think!

Thanks.  Smiley He did the same thing with his debut solo album in 2005 (The Great Divide) and I really only cared for THREE songs on it... The rest stunk worse than skunks! Oh, it's awful. He's taking thigns in a completely different direction with this new album by the sounds of it and I'm hoping the rest of it isn't as bad as that song he gave us a preview of today. *SIGH*

I will be getting Creed's new album whenever that comes out. I was a little surprised with "Full Circle" but at least that one was GOOD and I like most of the songs on it! "Away in Silence" was my favorite off that album, and although I was surprised to hear them actually do a REAL love song/ballad, it works perfectly and I listen to it all of the time. It's a very pretty song, and has a few of Tremonti's signature riffs in it, you can tell it IS a real Creed song because of that combined with Stapp's vocals.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #301 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:33pm

I'm also going to toss in that if I DARED to rant about this on my Creed forums, I'd be shot, drawn and quartered before I was banned.... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #302 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:39pm

Hopefully there will be something on his new album you'll like although from what you say, it doesn't sound promising.

The girls are up so as soon as we have the cats herded up, we'll be out of here. I've already taken the marble off the workstation and put it away. It's considered a good choice for bathroom countertops so if we ever have a project like that, we'll already have 10 square foot tiles for the project.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #303 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:53pm

Gotcha. Hubby will be home in about 2 hours or so, so I'll be on until then. Good luck! Cheesy

I hope so too. Single #1, not bad, Single #2, EW. It's always hit and miss with Stapp's solo stuff in my mind. *SIGH* Mostly misses on my end. Roll Eyes

I'm getting the veggies that will be roasting with the chicken ready now and will be getting the chicken itself ready in a few minutes. I'll put it all in the pan and put it into the fridge and just toss it in the oven when Hubby drives in, that way it's on the go and we can hopefully eat before 7 this evening.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #304 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:56pm

I'll be cooking for two days when our Thanksgiving rolls around. Smiley Yes, I go whole hog on Thanksgiving....

I'm going to head out now. The Great Countertop Hunt continues!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #305 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 5:23pm

I remember, from hanging out here! Cheesy

I did have a nice post typed up but Sanctuary decided NOT to post it for some reason... "Too long responding" was what I got from Opera. Roll Eyes UGH. Oh well, at least things are ready to pop into the oven now and I can relax until I see the "cruiser" (we have a 19 foot long car!) drive into the driveway.......... Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #306 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 6:00pm

I'm about to shoot a local friend who decided to say where my mother can see it that "Veridian Etoile" on FB is [my real name], etc. I had to use my real name profile to deny it and I'm going to whomp his behind so hard the next time I see him... Preferably do something VERY nasty to "a certain part of his anatomy" with spike heeled boots, if I can arrange it!

My "VE" FB profile is my WITCHY one, meaning well, I share a LOT of pagan stuff on it and since my mom is a fundie Christian, I'd be shot if she saw it. *SIGH*

I don't mind people knowing and keeping it like an "open secret" but when they run their mouths in areas that my mom can see, that's when I get a tad "SNIPPY"....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #307 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 6:14pm

One of my friends from another forum is now chasing said friend around with a samurai sword via PMs.... I'm dying here!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Dang, that girl is just as crazy and silly as I am!!!!  Smiley

Oh, my sides HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #308 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 6:52pm

It's time to get it all in the oven... Have a great night everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #309 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 6:55pm

We're still here. Danger Princess decided that since it is a lovely day that she would take a nice long walk. We are still looking for her. The girls are flipping out, Moonie especially, and DP is probably resting under a bush laughing at us or at least vastly amused.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 10:35pm

We're back.
DP wandered back at a little after 4. Spirit pitched her in the house and we took off. While we were waiting I got all but one of the shelves for the workstation cut so I'll only have one to cut tomorrow and I "should" be able to get them mostly installed by Wednesday. We currently have the entire workstation top covered in a granite pattern called "salt and pepper." We're going to see if we can find another pattern called "absolute black." If we can, we're going to get two 12 x 12 inch squares to put in the middle of it for contrast which both Skywise and I think will look really cool. Right now though, I'm proofing the yeast for tonight's pizza. Smiley
Spirit just gave me a twin pack of Little Debbie snack cakes. She says I "need cake."
She's right!

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 11:43pm

I feel so horrible right now. What if I had put a target sign on myself and DP with my behavior today? They say bad stuff will come back to haunt you and I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I fear for my family's life as my bad behavior today will cause horrible things to happen. I have been trying to make up for it by being nice, but I feel it isn't enough. I wish there is some way to know that I wasn't judged by the universe.

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #312 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 11:48pm

I don't think that the Universe will judge you any more harshly than you're judging yourself. You let your autism get away from you today, big time, and that's something you need to be mindful off when you get frustrated.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #313 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 12:18am

After today, I am really doubting myself. What if there is no hope for me? I don't want to be known as a selfish brat forever. I just want to handle my disappointment like a mature person.

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #314 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 12:39am

Then, my darling. You are going to have to work on it. As hard as you've worked on anything.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 2:36am

While waiting for DP to get her furry little butt home, I went up to the Guest House and cut all of the shelves except one for the workstation. I'll get the last one cut tomorrow after we get back from town and spend the rest of the day getting them installed. I "should" have that part all done by Wednesday. Then all that will be left to do is to install the granite and seal it -- which won't be done until it has been thoroughly researched -- and then pick out the hardware for the drawers and doors and get it put on. Then it will be "wait for spring" while I decide how I'm going to finish the rest of the cabinets. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #316 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 3:41am

Okay. The body is being damned insistent that I get prone and do it NOW. So I'm going to head out and do that very thing.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 3:44am

What if I keep letting my autism get the better of me? I might have to be locked away so my tantrums won't disturb anyone...

GTalk  
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #318 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 8:59am

Moonie, you do NOT need to be locked up at all, you hear me??? I get like that when I can't find something or something won't work right too... You should have seen me when the old Vista computer was dying or even when I had a virus on it (with XP) and had to rebuild the entire thing from the operating system (Windows) up... Let's just say the guys were hiding under the table a LOT during those times....  Smiley

Anyway, I'm here for a bit then offline writing. Hubby works the short day shift today so I'll be deep into Book 2 and hopefully getting closer to filling in that gap, and closing in more on the big splice.

I need more coffee, and LOTS of it please.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #319 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 9:45am

Monitor Kitteh made an appearance and she moved just a moment ago. I guess telling her she was chubby and I was going to get her tail didn't sit well with her....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #320 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 10:58am

I have Book 2 open right now and am doing a quick reread of the stuff I wrote up the last couple of weeks. I want to be prepared for the writing time I have this week... And I want to get that stupid gap closed ASAP. I'm sick and tired of having Book 2 in TWO files, the main manuscript and the "UH OH" Part that Penth shot at me back in March.

I still can't believe I'm THIS CLOSE to finishing my SECOND double length novel! Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #321 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 11:55am

Okay, so THAT was "interesting"... It happened within the last 18 hours and since I was "there"... I'm not stupid and I wish certain people would realize that. Roll Eyes

On that note, I'm out of here for now. It's writing time and I hope to get Chapter 37 finished and on to Chapter 38! Cheesy

Later! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #322 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 4:07pm

Afternoon! I'm here finally. We had a bit of running around to do this morning and I checked on a few things before setting in here for the day. Skywise has the really late shift today so I'll be burning the "midnight plus oil" tonight. I've got a few non-writing chores to do before I settle in to work on Book 4 so I'd better get busy!

Post # 30,500
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2013 at 4:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #323 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 4:54pm

Okay, last of the shelves has been cut. I don't feel like crawling around inside the cabinets with the drill at the moment [the holes provided for shelf supports are too small for the pegs I can buy at Walmart] so I'm going to see what else I can get done.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #324 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 5:19pm

Here... I just finished writing up a scene in Chapter 38 and thought I'd stop for the dya since it's so close to bus time. I'll explain shortly, after I get Son from the bus. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40
Send TopicPrint