Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26767 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #350 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 7:34pm

I'm doing my best not to, but you know how it is when you get really sucked into a story or project. I'm not going to be doing anything else with the writing today, because I have a long writing day tomorrow. Hubby was called to come in at six instead of nine so I'll be taking advantage of that, IF I can get into working on things past where I am now. I just have to get into the groove of it. Lately, I've been so focused on getting that gap closed that seeing it all in one file is a bit of a shock. LOL

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #351 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 7:38pm

I just closed a gap so I know what you mean even if mine was a little bitty gap.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #352 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 7:44pm

Yeah, and it's so satisfying to get them closed! Wink

I don't have anything else to splice into this one, now that I've gotten the big one out of the way. If I can't get into working toward the grand finale tomorrow, I may work on the epilogues or even the grand finale itself. I'm close enough to see both being written sometime soon.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #353 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:18pm

I've got more "gaps" than not but at least now I've got the pressing real life stuff taken care of so I can give Book 4 my full attention.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #354 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:23pm

I opened Book 2 to send Penth part of something and dang it, now I want to work on it. *SIGH* My own fault though! LOL Son is near the computer too, and with the way HE is, NOT a good idea to work on it. He has a nasty habit of reading everything OUT LOUD and with some parts (Chapter 16 is NOT for anyone under 18!) being quite... "ADULT"... I'd better not... *headdesk*

I can't find my Bejeweled games, else I'd open one of them to distract me.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #355 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:34pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:18pm:
I've got more "gaps" than not but at least now I've got the pressing real life stuff taken care of so I can give Book 4 my full attention.

Yeah, I thought you'd be further along in Book 4 than I am in Book 2 at this point in time. You have more writing time than I do on average, and I'm the one who is almost finished their current project. Shocked

I'm still at odds what to write next after I get this one's draft one done and get Book 1 sent out to publishers. I'll find something... If I can get ideas for both books, and have them be double length books, I'll find something else to write in time.

I will be taking a break from writing after this one is done though, to recharge the batteries and do some other stuff, creative wise. I am not as good as Moonie or Silverclaw when it comes to photography by a long shot, but I like it and may do more original photos for my pages and others if I can get the right stuff for all of it.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #356 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:40pm

I found this on FB, and I think it's pretty appropriate for us, Penth.

I_am_a_Writer.jpg ( 29 KB | Downloads )
I_am_a_Writer.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #357 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:42pm

Yeah, it is.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #358 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:47pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:34pm:
Yeah, I thought you'd be further along in Book 4 than I am in Book 2 at this point in time. You have more writing time than I do on average, and I'm the one who is almost finished their current project. Shocked

I'm still at odds what to write next after I get this one's draft one done and get Book 1 sent out to publishers. I'll find something... If I can get ideas for both books, and have them be double length books, I'll find something else to write in time.

I will be taking a break from writing after this one is done though, to recharge the batteries and do some other stuff, creative wise. I am not as good as Moonie or Silverclaw when it comes to photography by a long shot, but I like it and may do more original photos for my pages and others if I can get the right stuff for all of it.

"Real life" had other plans unfortunately and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I knew that Book 4 would take longer because unlike the first three, I don't have anything resembling an outline. The original posts gave me a pretty set framework to start with and I don't have that with this one. I "could" have had one if a bunch of jealous, backbiting Hyena bitches had minded their own damned business. Oh well....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #359 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:52pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:47pm:
"Real life" had other plans unfortunately and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I knew that Book 4 would take longer because unlike the first three, I don't have anything resembling an outline. The original posts gave me a pretty set framework to start with and I don't have that with this one. I "could" have had one if a bunch of jealous, backbiting Hyena bitches had minded their own damned business. Oh well....

I know what you mean, "life happens" kind of thing. *SIGH* That happens to me sometimes and it drives me bonkers.

Remember how nuts I was going when I was getting Book 2 set up? I had NO CLUE where to go after Book 1's epilogue and it took me a while to figure out how to work things, like how the leading lady met the leading man, how certain things were going to roll, etc. It wasn't until you dropped the idea for the UH OH part on me that I knew where to go with this one. It was going to be a lot less complicated than Book 1 at first, but in the end, it turned out to be so much more, and more complicated than Book 1 even thought about being!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #360 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:58pm

This one is gonna be REALLY complicated since there will be a second cast of characters [some of whom were introduced in Destinies] who will be involved in a separate plotline that won't converge with the first one until the second part of the book. I need to write another 300 to 400 pages [single spaced] and I have a feeling it is gonna take a while.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #361 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:05pm

That's about the size of the gap I had to write up between where I was in the main file and the UH OH file when I started that... Shocked It took me about seven months to get that gap closed, and that's with only writing part time and taking almost two months off for summer vacation! Shocked

All in all, this story has only taken me about six months to write so far, and that's only part time. It'll probably be about ten months or so in total by the time I'm done though. I was hoping to have it finished by Saturday but it's not going to happen. That's okay, as long as I finish it, that's the main thing. LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #362 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:11pm

I really don't know how long this book is going to be but given the amount of ground I want to cover and the loose ends that need to be addressed, a single spaced page count of 400+ pages isn't out of the question and 500 pages wouldn't surprise me.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #363 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:14pm

Book 2 was supposed to be about 250-300 pages, tops. I'm now at 355, and it's going to be a LOT longer than that by the time I'm done with it.

I guess you and I like to write the longer, more complicated stuff, which means longer books in the end. LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #364 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:18pm

I don't know about your characters but mine seem to get into complicated situations that need lots of text to explain. Right now, I'm just trying to get something on "paper" with the aim of expanding or condensing as needed later on. I figure that the bare bones of the story will probably top out at the 300 pages mark.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #365 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:27pm

In Book 2, the leading lady does a LOT of thinking and digging about certain things, when she's not rolling around between the sheets with her man or bonding with "found" members of her family. The last going off, there is a lot of danger so I'm doing my best to show all of that, and how everyone else is scrambling to get things set straight, etc. You'll see what I mean when you read it. Wink It's not as complicated as your books are, but for a contemporary/modern day romance with a strong storyline, there are a lot of twists and turns that the characters were not expecting, nor was I expecting to write things like that! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #366 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:32pm

The story takes over sometimes, no question.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #367 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:37pm

True!

The odd thing is, the twists and turns were mostly written by "the seat of my jeans"... I'd start a scene and the next thing I knew, another unplanned twist was tossed in. Thankfully they all work! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #368 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:47pm

That happens to me too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #369 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:47am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. I worked on another section of Book 4 and got a little more done there. I couldn't go back and work on what I was doing earlier. My "gag reflex" was still too touchy which was damned aggravating. I may have to work up what comes next and splice it in so I don't see what's making me gag. *sigh* Anyway, it's time for me to hit the sheets.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #370 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:42am

Morning.

It's just me awake here at the moment. Hubby left for work about 20 mins ago and Son is still asleep. I'm going to be trying to write today, IF I can get into the groove of working much later on into the story's timeline than I was the other day when I made the splice. If I can't, I'll be working on the epilogues or the grand finale to splice in later on. I will write something today, the only question is what...

Coffee and catch up time. I'm here until after Son gets on the bus. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #371 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 9:02am

Well, that was "interesting" to see... I do hope the knowledge that "someone" will NEVER see anything I write before its published has sunk in, and that I'm sending the books out to others I've never met face to face while they're wondering what my two books are about....(I'm talking about my former beta reader)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #372 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 11:38am

Heading out to work now. See y'all later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #373 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 4:00pm

Morning/Afternoon. I'm here. The girls got their lunch in Bloomington so all is right with the world. I'm gonna be quiet for a bit -- got bills to pay.   Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #374 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 5:30pm

*STUMBLES IN*

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40
Send TopicPrint