Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26663 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #450 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:48am

Back. I've been thinking that Hydra was pulling the strings but after tonight's episode, I'm betting on Advanced Idea Mechanics as being this season's "big bad." I'm not sure but I "think" a minor but pivotal character from Iron Man 3 was in tonight's episode.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #451 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 3:22am

Doing research, just for the "heck" of it and I've discovered that if I needed to rent space for a large serious party, it would cost a fortune.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #452 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 3:52am

It's raining. And cold. There's a Freeze Watch for the counties directly south of us but not for us. Like the cold air is gonna stop at the county line....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #453 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:32am

Skywise is home, it's raining and this little writerperson is beat so I'm going to head out while I can still find the bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #454 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:24am

Morning. It's another editing day today between things.

CSI's 300th episode is on this evening... I hope it's a LOT better than its 200th. That one STANK to high heaven... That one happened during what I call its "dark period" after Grissom left and before DB Russell came in at the start of season 12... NOT saying anything else on it, other than it was one of the biggest hypes and worst episodes EVER!!! EW. It looks like an old cast member will be guest starring - one I loved - so that alone should help things be a lot better, and I'm trying to remember any cold cases they showed from the first season and am coming up short. I'll probably remember things once it gets rolling! LOL Their 100th episode was good by the way, just saying. Tongue

I'll be here on and off between things while I'm editing but I will be quiet. I need to get more coffee in me before I fall asleep at the computer. I slept last night but I'm still tired and am not awake yet....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #455 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:43am

Just listened to another preview track from Scott Stapp's new album... It's good, and I like it better than the second one he released off of it. So far, two out of three is good. Hopefully that one track is the worst of them and the rest are worth listening to... *fingers crossed*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #456 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 12:50pm

A #1 Hottie fix is sounding SOOOOOOOOOOOO good right now... I'll be taking a break for it in a bit. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #457 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 2:02pm

I love having a computer with a DVD player in it that actually works (the one on the old computer was dead)... HOTTIE FIX TIME! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #458 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 2:35pm

Back to work. Editing Book 1 is back underway. I'll be here but quiet. Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #459 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:17pm

Afternoon. I'm here too. We ran into town first thing and now I need to get caught up. Here but quiet. Although I do have a little something to post that VE will like.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #460 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:24pm

I love it Penth! Cheesy That only added to how good the day has been for me so far! I've gotten a hottie fix (#1 hottie of course), wrapped up another full reread/edit and additions round to Book 1 and I'll be opening Book 2's file to do another reread/edit on that... If not do what I'm thinking about doing with it later today, although I may wait until Draft One is finished before I do that. Tongue

I haven't been ran over by a silly kitty, but I bet that's coming later on. She had been in the litter box at one point and for a moment, I really thought she was going to pull off a silly stunt like running me over (AGAIN!) but she attacked some clean laundry in a basket instead. Spoiled rotten and wacky kitty, she is! Cheesy

That reminds me, I have stuff to chuck into the dryer. Still better than doing dishes though!

But, before I do anything else, I'm going to grab a sandwich and some soda. I need sustenance and a few minutes away from staring at the computer screen.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #461 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:31pm

Glad you like it! I know how it is. A writer needs to remember to eat.

SunLord is rolling around on the kitchen floor killing an old shoestring from one of Skywise's boots...

Post # 30,600
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #462 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:41pm

Smiley It must be so cute to see that big orange boy rolling around like a tiny kitten! Most of the cats we had never lost their urge to play... Or in Birdie and Noelle's case, DIVE BOMB ME!

I have a sandwich and glass of soda. I'm going to do a few checks on the additions I made to Book 1 over the last few weeks and then dive into Book 2's edit. I don't have the brain power or time to do the compressions, etc today but I'm going to highlight the areas that need to be "squashed", 86'ed, rewritten or added to so I can remember where to do it. If the brain and eyes don't hold out - and both are getting a little tired - I'll play a game in FB or watch something else with #1 Hottie in it after Hubby leaves for work. (Gods, I think #1 Hottie is beyond sexy!) I think between what Penth shared "Somewhere", the Hottie fixes and everything else combined (me feeling silly), I'll be having awesome dreams tonight! Heh. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #463 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:46pm

It is. SunLord really doesn't seem to realize just how big he is.  I think that's why he likes to lie on the workstation. There's normally nothing on it and he can stretch and roll around without hitting or knocking anything off onto the floor.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #464 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:52pm

I think it's adorable to see a grown up cat of any age, whether they're only a couple of years old or twenty like Birdie was, acting like a kitten.

Our cat is the same way, she doesn't know how huge she really is either. When she sleeps on my lap, most of the time her paws, caboose or her head dangles onto my shins. It's adorable! Cheesy She likes to snuggle up on the big chair sometimes when no one is in it, because she has a lot of room and can sleep on her back with all four white paws in the air. She also loves to sleep with Hubby or I in our bed if one of us is up there alone, because she has the entire other side to stretch out on and won't get squashed. If both of us are in bed, she will lay between us, cuddled down into our king sized comforter and it's kind of cramped sometimes, but she doesn't mind it as much as I though she would.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #465 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 5:53pm

Okay I admit it... I just burned a few MB by watching a video on a cat breed on Animal Planet's website. I needed to take a break from Word and get some extra cuteness in today, and watching an adorable kitty zoom around was just what the doctor ordered. Tongue

It's tempting to burn a few more by watching a video on the Siamese or the Ragdoll, but I think I'm going to lay off and watch one another day... I kinda want to save a few MB for a download tomorrow or on Friday.. Hehehehehehe... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #466 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 5:58pm

WP is on my left arm. Typing one handed....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #467 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:02pm

Something else adorable, WP! Cheesy

Ugh, I don't get a full writing day in at all this week. School gets out early tomorrow (11 my time, Hubby will be leaving around 9 to be at work for 10) and there is NONE on Friday, both are the ONLY day shifts Hubby works this week. If he wasn't working Monday through Wednesday day shift next week, I'd seriously be gnawing on the monitor right now!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #468 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:20pm

Hang in there. You've been making good progress. Use the time to recharge. I'm still thinking about "war" and how to complicate things for my Heroine.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #469 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:28pm

Yes, Ma'am. Tongue I will try to sneak in a little bit between the time Hubby leaves for work and the time the bus gets here tomorrow, which will be about 2 hours, and maybe enough to get a scene or so done. I hope so at least.

I'm now skimming through Book 1 to double check the additions I made the last while. It's "almost" ready for publishers, I think, but I want to be sure.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #470 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:54pm

I'm still "mulling" over a number of possibilities. The only thing I know for sure is that I have maybe one "rib bone" of the framework for this section of Book 4 and I need to flesh it out a LOT more. AND explain why certain things that "logically" should happen, don't.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #471 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 7:04pm

STILL seeing spots that are missing commas, etc in Book 1.... *headdesk!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #472 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 7:10pm

I'll probably do the same thing when I start going over Homecoming prior to hardcopy publication. I'm acquiring a library on that subject so I'll be as knowledgeable as I can before I start anything, especially anything that costs money.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #473 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 7:23pm

I kind of admit that I had only skimmed over certain parts of it in some of the editing rounds, notably the over 18 stuff because of my son being around or Hubby deciding it was a prime time to look at FB over my shoulder, etc. Roll Eyes I'm correcting a lot of it now that I'm seeing it.

Okay, the addition in Chapter 15 to line things up better with Book 2 looks good. Everything else added was checked this week so I'm going to shut down Book 1 until Book 2 is finished, which should be sometime within the next few weeks. I hope so at least! LOL

My eyes are SOOOOOOOOOOO crossed right now, but I'm going to open Book 2 and see about getting its prologue and Chapter 1 edited before I sign out and get things ready for Son's homework session tonight. With Friday being an inservice, things have to be done for tomorrow morning instead of Friday. *SIGH* At least most of it is MATH!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #474 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:12pm

I'm getting "that look" from the Queen so I think I'll crash for a bit. We've been short of "cuddle time" these last few days and I think she'd letting me know that she isn't happy about that situation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40
Send TopicPrint