Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26625 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #525 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:36am

I'm heading out. Skywise is home and I managed to add a little to Book 4. I finished a scene between Our Hero and Heroine that I'd kinda left hanging. It's all wrapped up but for getting them into bed for an intense love scene but I'll get that written later. Right now, the cognitive functions are shutting down.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #526 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 1:16pm

Morning.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #527 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:03pm

One of the neighbor's cats must be in the yard, because Cat is going NUTS right now. She's on the monitor, her tail is puffed up a little, she's making soft howling noises and her tail is flipping across the screen.

CATS! Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:25pm

They are territorial little creatures, aren't they?

We're here. I'm pretending to be awake but I'm here.  Smiley Went to bed at 4 am., got up at 10. There is definitely a nap in my future once Skywise is on his way and the caffeine I had with "lunch for breakfast" wears off. In the meantime, I'm catching up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #529 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:37pm

When Angel and Fluffy Tail were still around, Cat didn't seem to mind other furballs too much, and she'd ignore the neighbors' cats if they were in the yard. It's only since Fluffy One passed away last year that she's started becoming a little growly toward other cats.

All I have to do is say the name of their orange tabby and her tail starts flipping, or she starts running toward one of the windows where she can look out at various parts of the yard... She's moved into the kitchen now and is taking a bath. She'll probably start trying to trip me up (read: KILL ME) again when I get up to start puttering around again. Roll Eyes

Red squirrels are territorial too. I hear enough of their chatter and telling others off every day at the bus stop. I think they're cute even if they are ULTRA noisy and silly little things! LOL

I'll probably be taking off around 4 or so my time. I slept in a little, but didn't get to sleep until about 4 a.m despite going to bed before 2. My eyes are also killing me. I overdid it yesterday, again. So typical of me! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:41pm

You did stay up past your bedtime last night.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #531 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:45pm

Yeah, yeah, I know, and I'm paying up for it now. *SIGH* I'll probably crash with the guys tonight, that's around 9 or so our time, and plenty early.

The fact I had a purring, cuddly and fat furball on top of me most of the night didn't help either. Oh well, I don't mind it considering she's our one and only and a cat MUST be spoiled rotten.... Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:46pm

Yeah, with five of them, we're all kept very busy keeping them spoiled.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #533 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:04pm

My parents, siblings and I had twelve cats at one point, all in the house, along with two dogs, two ponies and a dwarf bunny at the same time. The five of us were going nuts trying to keep all of them happy! Thankfully the dogs didn't mind it if one or two of the cats happened to be getting some attention at the same time, and one of the dogs loved to play with the younger of the two ponies... The bunny was buddies with our orange and white fluffball cat too and they'd get a lot of attention at the same time.

It was confusing but fun, even if we were stretched thin and had to organize who was going to get spoiled by which of us humans on a daily basis. LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #534 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:21pm

What was really funny is that each time my sister and I took a walk together with her dog, Stormy, Birdie would follow us and insist I stop to pet her sometimes, or she'd make a dive for my sister... Stormy didn't mind a lot of the time, but Birdie hated it. She'd swipe at him and hiss if he got between her and I. Smiley I was "HER" property and there was no way she was going to share me even a little with a dog! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:28pm

In addition to being territorial, the furballs can be possessive too. Just like people.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #536 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:46pm

I found that out with Birdie and the original Angel (Nanny's first female Siamese), who passed in 1998. (The Angel we had was the second Siamese in the family by that name) If the dog DARED to come within five feet of me when she was on my lap or laying beside me, the dog was a GONE GOOSE. That cat did NOT like sharing her people with any other animal either! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:50pm

Skywise is on his way. I'm gonna try to hold out until the letter carrier goes. Amazon says I have at least two packages "out for delivery" and Spirit knows it. So if I'm napping when she brings the mail in, she'll wake me up so I can open the packages and she can see what's in them.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #538 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 5:56pm

It's grocery night here, payday. Hubby is only getting the basics on his way home and will probably do a more intensive shopping run tomorrow or on Sunday. He has the entire weekend off for a change, his first since the long weekend back in August. Son is stoked and so am I!

He's been getting a lot of days during the week, and his boss thought he could use an entire weekend off for a change. No complaints here, especially since he'll be working three days straight at the start of the week and possibly Friday as well. WRITING TIME! Cheesy

I'm taking off around four at the latest. Eyes HURTY and brain MUSHY....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:03pm

Skywise has the weekend off and we're going to the haunted house at the Children's Museum tomorrow afternoon as well as doing our "regular" stuff. We'll probably make some stops on the way home since we can't go to the store and let the stuff sit in the van while we stand in lines at the Museum.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #540 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:07pm

Hubby mentioned visiting his mother so we may be gone part of the weekend too. I'm NOT allowed to write at all, I'm supposed to save the energies for this coming week, so the best way to do it is get me OUT of the house or put on a Doctor Who, North of 60 or CSI marathon... Since nothing like that will happen until Sunday, I'll probably wind up being dragged out of the house tomorrow at some point! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:16pm

Well, you DO tend to overdo when the story grabs you to the detriment of your health so I really can't blame your Hubby for dragging you away from the computer!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #542 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:23pm

*SHEEPISH GRIN!*

And like you don't overdo it sometimes???? Tongue

There's a fat kitty sitting on the back of my computer chair, and I'm getting filthy looks.... She wants snuggles, and knowing her, LOTS of them. I may take off before four so she gets enough to satisfy her until after supper.............

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:34pm

Oh I do. BUT "I" don't have CTS (yet), just incredibly bad eyesight. So when I overdo, I lay down with my eyes closed and I'm recovered in a couple of hours. You don't bounce back that fast.

The letter carrier has arrived and I'm opening packages with Spirit watching....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #544 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:44pm

True... If I could find my splints, things would be better with the hands. I may have to buy some if I can't find the old ones. Hubby and I will be digging around in stuff before the holidays so hopefully we'll find them soon. The eyes are holding out longer now that I can see better, I'll say that much! Eye drops help too.

I think I'm gonna shut down Word and the internet soon... Owies, even with aspirin. I may have to nab the ice pack out of the freezer and use that while I'm getting snuggles from Fatty. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 6:52pm

Good idea. You want to be in prime shape for next week's writing time.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #546 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:01pm

Exactly, and that's what I'm going to do. I hurt to much to keep working on things right now. See you sometime tomorrow, have a great night, and get some sleep while you're at it! Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:17pm

Will do. Nite.

Post # 30,654
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2013 at 7:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 12:32am

Got up from my nap and I've been puttering around the kitchen since. Got some dishes washed so I can put them away and the washing machine is chugging away as I type. Book 4 is on the desktop and I'm thinking about adding to it. Not where I was working last night -- I'm stuck there -- but another section looks promising.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:58am

The problem with my favorite bloggers is that they're so busy doing interesting stuff that they have no time to blog. This is disheartening.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Send TopicPrint