Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 26571 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #550 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:49am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Our schedule will be a bit different tomorrow. I'll fill you in then.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #551 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 11:21am

Morning. Son let us sleep in for a change so we're a little late getting things going today. It's cold out there, 1C, or in American, about 34F. BRRRRRRR!!! Cat is sticking VERY close to the heaters right now because of that.

I'm not sure what's going on today... I may be here, I may not be, it all depends on what Hubby wants to do. He has the entire weekend off for a change so anything could happen.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #552 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 12:35pm

Son's Halloween costume from the last couple of years still fits, so he'll be wearing that again on Thursday evening while we're out scaring the neighbors. If I had a suit and tie that fit me right, and converse sneakers, I'd dress up as Ten while I took him around... Hehehehehehe.... Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #553 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 1:10pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:58am:
The problem with my favorite bloggers is that they're so busy doing interesting stuff that they have no time to blog. This is disheartening.....

I'm taking that as a hint even though you already know what's going on in my writing world! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:30pm

Morning.
Not really VE but I bet there are people who would like to know what you're up to!

What's happening today is that since the Haunted House doesn't open until 3:30 and we don't want to make two trips north, we'll be leaving around 1 pm rather than in the morning, go to the museum/haunted house, do our "usual" stuff and come home. I don't know what time we'll be back but I'd guess around 4 or 5. In the meantime, I've got a few things to keep me busy.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #555 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:33pm

I've already posted an update over there, as you probably saw. Wink

I've been puttering around and I'm going to get up and do more now. Housework: BARF! At least I have someone here to do any heavy lifting... I can't carry ultra heavy or awkward stuff on my own due to the CTS and it's going to be nice to have help for a change... Hehehehehehe... Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #556 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:49pm

I'm going to get things going with the pasta sauce now. We haven't had pasta with my homemade sauce in a while due to what Hubby's been working lately (I use a lot of garlic in it and since he works with the public... NOT a good idea!), and I'm wanting a batch of it, preferably with a tonne of mozzarella. Yum... Cheesy I'll be around but quiet, and while that's perking away after it's together, I'm gonna putter around a bit more.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #557 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:57pm

There went that idea... Stoopid here forgot to put pasta sauce on the list yesterday and we're out. I'll adapt, like make a stir fry with the ground meat or something. Thank the gods we are stocked up on a lot of other stuff, like frozen veggies, etc!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #558 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:05pm

HATE IT when that happens! I need to pull everything out of my pantry and see what I have and how much so I can fill in the gaps left by ditching all the stuff that Skywise can't eat anymore. An awful lot of "fast and easy" food is off the menu now and I'll probably spend the winter working new recipes into the menu. That will be easier to do now that the workstation is operational if not completely finished and the kitchen doesn't look like a construction zone...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #559 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:11pm

I "was" going to have some music playing while I puttered around in the kitchen, but "someone" (read: SON!) just told me to "turn it off" because he is "WATCHING TV!". Roll Eyes

It looks like I'm gonna have to do housework without music today. *SIGH* Great... Music makes the work seem less like work. Not much, but it DOES help.

KIDS!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #560 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:18pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:05pm:
HATE IT when that happens! I need to pull everything out of my pantry and see what I have and how much so I can fill in the gaps left by ditching all the stuff that Skywise can't eat anymore. An awful lot of "fast and easy" food is off the menu now and I'll probably spend the winter working new recipes into the menu. That will be easier to do now that the workstation is operational if not completely finished and the kitchen doesn't look like a construction zone...

It was the same way here when first myself, then Hubby were diagnosed with high BP. We had to cut WAY down on the convenience stuff and go back to the stuff one makes from scratch. I have made pasta sauce from tomatoes before, but it is a LOT of work and takes forever because you have to peel, seed and chop the tomatoes (I do NOT have a food mill!) then let them cook for a while. Too much work for me, so we generally purchase low salt or no sodium added canned tomatoes or tomato sauce, or if they have pasta sauce without a lot of sodium in it on sale, we'll get that and I'll just add to it.

Homemade is better for you and tastes so much better in the end, even if it is a LOT of work!

I'm just going to use the ground meat in another form... Haven't decided if it'll be with a Chinese dish or just cooked as is (with flavorings like dried herbs and chili infused olive oil added, etc) and roasted potatoes and veggies on the side. I'll talk to Hubby and see what he says, after he's done cleaning out the fire pit in the back yard. He said something about a marshmallow roast after dark.... Hehehehehehehe. Too bad the batteries in my good camera are DEAD. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #561 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:37pm

I'm starting to go through some of Son's clothes... What still fits him, stays downstairs, and things that are worn out will go into his "kicking around home stuff". Anything that does not fit him will be put into boxes and carted upstairs into the closets!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #562 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:48pm

Son is watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". It's a classic, and he think Snoopy is awesome.

I fully agree. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #563 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:58pm

I "do" have a food mill, it was Mom's, and I'll probably be using it next summer. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be making and preserving some of the tomato products we use. I'll either be growing my own or getting them by the bushel from a farmers' market. Fortunately, I have a zillion canning jars of various sizes and my Mom's pressure canner although I'll probably need a new gasket for the lid.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #564 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:00pm

Skywise says that the Queen and WP have been at it this morning during their "outside time." Hissing, spitting, growling and tail fluffing. *sigh* And we're going to be leaving in an hour....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #565 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:04pm

*CRINGE* Just what y'all needed, two tee'd off puddy tats. *SIGH* Ours is curled up on the living room window right now and watching the south part of the yard for anything that may interest her. If she flies out of there with her tail poofed up and tries to climb up on the monitor, I'll know she saw one of the neighbor's cats and is ticked off...

Hubby is still outside, I think he's taking the whipper snipper to the firepit as I speak. I'm going to get back to sorting stuff in the kitchen, AFTER I toss a load of laundry into the dryer and one into the washer... Hubby needs clean work shirts and Son needs his fall/heavier jacket washed....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #566 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:17pm

All fur persons are inside and a truce seems to be in force. The Queen is in our bedroom and WP will probably take this chair as soon as I'm out of it.

We're heading out now. Gonna have lunch and then head for the museum. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #567 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 4:32pm

Have fun!

I am getting something to eat now, and am taking a break. The hands are acting up and the left one is really bad right now. I'll plug away at it more when the left one stops screaming in agony, or tomorrow during episodes of Doctor Who that I've seen lately. We're into Eleven's episodes and I've seen most of them at least once, if not more than that.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #568 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 5:22pm

My hands are really acting up right now so I'm going to get off the computer and let Hubby use it for a bit. The less I'm around the keyboard right now, the better.

See y'all later. In case I'm not back today, have a good one everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 9:58pm

We're back! We had fun but my knees/legs are killing me! Fortunately, we stopped for a very late lunch so I don't have to start fixing dinner RIGHT THIS MINUTE. So I'm going to give the aspirin I took at 4:30 a chance to work before I get busy in the kitchen.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:17am

Dinner is over and body aches and exhaustion are setting in. Therefore, I'm gonna haul myself to bed while I still can.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #571 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 11:05am

Morning. The left hand is still acting up, so I'm gonna take it really easy today. Hubby will be running errands later and we're going with him. I have to get away from the house for a bit, to help recharge the batteries for this coming week. I'm gonna need it, this week is going to see me racing toward the finish line with Book 2... Cheesy

I'm only in long enough to get caught up while I have a coffee or two, then I'm off to get ready and go.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #572 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 11:56am

Time to get my caboose in gear. See y'all later this afternoon or early this evening. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #573 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 2:47pm

Morning. I'm here but quiet. Still thinking about those scenes in Book 4 I'm working on so I'm putting binding on place mats while I think. We'll probably go into town later for lunch but that's about it as far as being away from the comp goes today. Now, I'll make some tea and get caught up.

Post # 30,666...... EBIL post!
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2013 at 2:48pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #574 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:38pm

We're home.  Smiley We got a lot of stuff, including a few things we were not planning on. The one grocery store had boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale (really good deal, about 70% off) and we got a few packs of them. I'll be dividing them up and roasting a couple for sandwiches shortly.

We saw my adopted Big Bro G at his workplace... That's the one who goes a tad gross with my husband's brothers. He did say something out of it but had to keep it toned down. He works with the public. LOL

It was pouring a sea at a few points while we were gone. I just hope the satellite doesn't go out, Son will have a fit. We have the Doctor Who marathon on again...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
Send TopicPrint