Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Climate Change -- which way is it going? (Read 2735 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Climate Change -- which way is it going?
Reply #25 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:02am
Print Post  
I've had a chance to look at Cold Times. The author takes the "worse case' scenario and runs with it, envisioning humanity reduced to subsistence farming to survive.
I refuse to believe that humanity would forget everything it has learned over the last hundred years and return to a 1800's lifestyle..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 5:40am
Print Post  
I've been going through some climate articles I've been collecting. The Global Warming Attack Dogs have been out in full cry trying to discredit the mini-ice age papers. Unfortunately for them, this data hasn't been tampered with and anyone with a good telescope and the right filters can plainly see that the sun is "spotless". So since they can't attack the data, they attack the conclusions drawn from it and attempt to discredit the messengers. *sigh* When the truth is undeniable, it will be a long, long time before "science" is trusted again...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:34am
Print Post  
The book I was expecting, Twilight of Abundance, arrived today and after a quick perusal, it looks like another "downer". *sigh* I'll read it to be sure.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:39am
Print Post  
I've been researching Thorium Salt reactors which are mentioned in Twilight of Abundance. The way the author was talking, it sounded like research in the West had been abandoned leaving the field open to the Chinese -- who are not my favorite people. Happily, that is not the case so we may have decent shot if we can browbeat the anti-nuclear environmentalists into submission and get new reactors built. That wouldn't solve all the problems of a decade long "cold wave" but it would sure help!
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 5:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Skywise said this morning that the reason it has been so cold is that Australia is having a heat wave on the opposite side of the earth and they're sucking all the warmth out of the Northern Hemisphere......

It's as good an explanation as any.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Since I hadn't been finding anything new online, I've been reading the books that have been stacking up next to the bed. I've finished Dark Winter and I'm working on Twilight of Abundance now.

Tonight, I searched "global cooling" and found several more articles of interest -- I guess "mini-ice age" is too loaded a term -- and I'm adding them to my permanent hardcopy file. I also ran across a couple of facebook accounts on the topic that I "liked" so they "should" show up on my newsfeed now. I may go back and "follow" them just to make sure I see what turns up. I can think of a few heads that will explode....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Finished Twilight of Abundance during the computer's down time. I'm about one third/one half of the way through The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science and I've started on Cold Times which I've saved for last since the author has taken the "worst case" scenario and ran with it. A real Debbie Downer she is. She's a homesteader in addition to a lot of other things but not a climatologist or astrophysicist so I think her assumptions about how long the "cold times" will last should be taken with a box of salt. Still, I suspect that there are some good ideas in there once I find them. I've found some information on cold weather greenhouses -- specifically northern Canada -- that could be useful and I'm bookmarking them. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
The binder I've been using for "climate stuff" was filling up fast so I bought another one today that's bigger. When the time comes, I'll divide the contents.

I've been looking at self-sufficiency books, especially "cold weather/winter" gardening. I'll probably pick up a couple later.

I figure one of three things will happen, climate wise.

One: We will have the slow onset of Global Warming. Smiley

Two: We will have the relatively fast onset of Global Cooling. Smiley

Three: The weather will settle down and not go to either extreme.  Smiley 

Frankly, I'm hoping for Number 3 but I want to be ready for #1 or #2 if either of those happens....
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:10pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 4:51am
Print Post  
I went looking for more "global cooling" articles and apparently the "global warming experts" are now attempting to blame CO2 and aerosols for "global cooling" since they've realized that people are getting wise to their "global warming" scam. I have a feeling that their credibility will be called into question given they've been screaming "global warming!!!!" for the last couple of decades so why should anyone believe them now?

In his speech tonight, President Trump said that America will stop shutting down the coal industry which hopefully means more and a bit cheaper electricity and maybe a reduction in propane prices since it won't be used for generating electricity. The radical environmentalists/Democrats will oppose that, of course, but I don't think that the Dems are long for this political world once "the memo" is released. Mr. Trump didn't say anything about that tonight but he may be waiting until certain (unseen) ducks are in a row. He didn't say anything about nuclear power either but it might be too soon to spring that on the people. He will REALLY need to have everything lined up and nailed down before that announcement is made. One thing is certain, we will need all the electrical energy we can generate as it gets colder....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
The author of Cold Times contends that any location north of 40 degrees North will be covered with snow/ice and north of 30 degrees will be problematic so I've been looking up when certain cities -- specifically Chicago and Indianapolis -- were founded which I'm using to determine -- very roughly -- population. History supports the contention that while there might have been damned cold winters in the region and cool wet summers, a lot of people died but more survived and they did it without the benefits of modern civilization. Yeah, we're too dependent on the electrical grid and a solar flare or EMP blast would knock all that out but failing that, I don't think that the entire American population will need to be squeezed into the area south of the Ohio.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:04am
Print Post  
I went looking for articles that could be either informative, useful or both but I didn't find anything that I felt the need to copy or bookmark. I did order another book -- Upheaval will be here tomorrow -- and ordered a few "self-sufficiency/homesteading" magazines to fill out my collection. Since I can't find all the ones I have, I may end up with some duplicates but that's okay. There's no telling what condition the ones I may have are in so having a "spare" is okay. I'm managing to get the last copies available of several of the Backhome issues. The publishers have taken down their website but I've managed to find them on ebay. If the climate settles down, I won't need to go full throttle into "self-sufficiency" but I should be set up nicely if we need to be more self-sufficient after retirement.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Well, the "print on demand" book I ordered is defective -- about half of it is missing -- so I have to send it back, get a refund and order a new one if the vendor doesn't offer to send me a complete copy.  Smiley

Post # 39,666
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:49pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 4:44am
Print Post  
The above mentioned book went back on Thursday. Since UPS isn't nearly as efficient as the USPS, I haven't been credited with my refund yet. I went ahead an ordered the book from another vendor. The likelihood of getting another defective copy from another seller is low. I'm hoping to get it reasonably promptly.

The more I research, the harder it is to sleep. The evidence is persuasive that we're heading into a period of very cold and unstable weather. Researchers say that we should know by 2020/2021 just how bad it is going to be. The last full blown glacier to extend into Indiana (the Wisconsin Glacier) stopped just north of Lafayette and extended from west to east across the state in a more or less straight line. Which is why the northern third of the state is as flat as a tabletop and the southern two-thirds isn't. Earlier glaciers did get this far -- the evidence is right outside Martinsville, IN along the highway. A reminder of what could be coming...

I think about my family.

I think about the people I care about who live north of 40 degrees North latitude, which in the event of a Little Ice Age, will be a frozen wasteland inhabited by wolves and polar bears.

I try not to think about roofs collapsing under snow loads they were never designed to support.

And I pray to any Divine Being that is listening that we can find a way, somehow, to survive if the worst comes.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 1:31am
Print Post  
I'm finding more reports of extreme weather in Europe, Asia and North Africa -- mainly extreme cold and snow in places where it doesn't normally happen, like Morocco. I'm copying them to a word document that I'm keeping on my desktop and, after editing out most of the links that wouldn't work from a hard copy, printing it out.
I hope the politicians wake up to reality in time to save as many lives as possible.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Extreme snow and cold in Europe continues although the "snowmaggedon" storm has finally run its course. One 'noreaster' after another keeps hitting New England.

I'm reading the appendices of Dark Winter. I finished A New Little Ice Age Has Started yesterday. I'm hoping that now that Obama and the Warmist flunkies are out of power, the government will start preparing for the coming cold. There's no way to stop it -- the Sun does what it pleases -- so all we can do is get ready.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
As noted elsewhere, I've been catching up and I'm amused to the point of laughing out loud. The "climate experts" are finally admitting that the planet is cooling rather than warming. They're still saying that the planet will start warming again in 20 to 50 years but of course it will. It ALWAYS warms up again when the sun comes out of a solar minimum. I guess they're hoping that they'll all be dead by then and no one will hold them accountable for the fraud they've committed.  "I" am hoping that they aren't that lucky!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 4:24am
Print Post  
I ordered The Hockey Stick Illusion a few minutes ago which is an expose -- Amazon's words -- of Climategate and the whole corrupt goings on that produced the "Hockey Stick" graph that was used to railroad the world into swallowing "global warming" whole. Should be interesting reading..... Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:53am
Print Post  
The abovementioned book arrived but I've been too busy to read it. (Story of my life!)

One of my facebook friends shared one of the posts that I shared to my page to read later. That particular one was "public". His wife wasn't convinced so I recommended two books: Dark Winter and Twilight of Abundance. I don't know if they or anyone else will read them but I'm not going to "go evangelical" on them. I put the info out there and they can read them or not as they choose. As they say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
In other news, 17 MBL games were cancelled this week because the ball fields are full of snow.....
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2018 at 1:34am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 2:07am
Print Post  
The title of this thread is:
Climate Change -- which way is it going?

With each passing day, the answer grows clearer.

It's getting colder. The last "warm" year was, if I recall correctly, 1998 with the temperature declining ever since.

We are descending into a Little Ice Age (the "official" start date is currently 2015) the severity of which no one can predict at this time.

The science -- based on centuries of historical accounts, sunspot observations and temperature records that have not been doctored -- is damning.  "Cooling" is happening now. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. All that we can do is prepare, as best we can in the time we still have, for the worst. If the Gods are merciful, we will have enough time but millions are going to die and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it short of Divine Intervention. I advise anyone reading this to research and decide what you're going to do. Realize that if you live north of 40 degrees north (Chicago, roughly) it is almost a certainty that you will have to relocate farther south at some point. (For the record, we're at 39 degrees north.)

If you're still skeptical, I urge you to read the following books to start:
Dark Winter by John Casey
Twilight of Abundance by David Archibald
These books cover the situation pretty well without scaring the panties off of you. The following books detail how and why we got into this situation.

The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science and Human Caused Global Warming both by Tim Ball, PhD

There are other books but these are the best I've found. After reading these, well, Google or whatever search engine you prefer is your friend. Search "global cooling" and go from there.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - May 18th, 2018 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Last weekend and the first part of this week, it was in the high 80's/low 90's, humid and sunny. Wednesday, Thursday and today, it's in the high 60's/low 70's. Currently 6/70 degrees, cloudy and drizzly. It is supposed to be back in the low 80's tomorrow with a chance of rain, which means HUMIDITY which we don't need although some rain would be welcome. Meanwhile, Michigan is being systematically flooded.      
The mainstream media isn't reporting it much in the US but the higher elevations in Europe which are usually clear of snow by now, are still snow covered. Agriculture is being impacted and projected crop yields for the United States and Canada are not looking good. Some farmers are complaining about government policies causing a cut in farm exports. They don't realize yet that those "exports" may be needed for domestic consumption in the very near future. It may sound harsh but we need to take care of our own first. The Gods know that is what other countries will be doing....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 1:44am
Print Post  
This last weekend was the hottest in 107 years in Indianapolis.
It's snowing in parts of Canada.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 5:28am
Print Post  
This...

https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-con
firms-super-grand-solar-minimum/?fbclid=IwAR0pAyb_dhWMj2XpGNVP7mHz874Sz9oBFEn1nL
r2h4AQOFT_wLpKJc_dq-g

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 12:07am
Print Post  
The mainstream media is slowly getting a clue.
NASA is finally talking about the Eddy Minimum and what it means.
And what it means, most importantly, is that the climate will be wetter and cooler/colder. This will effect food supplies since you can't grow food when the seed rots in the ground instead of germinating. Or when it is too wet to even plant anything.
Prices are already going up and will continue to do so.
Find a way to start growing food. You're going to need it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 4:15am
Print Post  
This....

https://electroverse.net/nasa-predicts-next-solar-cycle-will-be-lowest-in-200-ye
ars-dalton-minimum-levels-the-implications/?fbclid=IwAR0QJzRcrRGaX1n5yNGefmUTV4m
0OGsVw_rhKPYxAD5Hdua3vxO87PdHsDk

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 3:15am
Print Post  
For some time now, I've been collecting information on a variety of subjects concerning "self-sufficiency". Last year's massive flooding in the Midwest was a "red flag" in my not so humble opinion that some degree of "agricultural collapse/food crisis" is on the horizon. The agricultural situation in various parts of the world serves to reinforce my opinion and you have to dig long and hard -- or have the right "likes" on Facebook -- to find out anything about it since the Mainstream Media is more interested in politics and so called "global warming" than it is in anything that doesn't fit their agenda -- which does not include anything that might make the public sit up and notice that they are being distracted so they don't notice things that will -- again in my not so humble opinion -- directly and potentially catastrophically affect their lives. (Boy! That was some sentence! I'd better make the next ones shorter for those who may not be able to handle a complex thought!)
Anyway, I'm researching things like aquaponics, traditional gardening, herbal remedies and basically anything and everything that could improve our survival chances in the event that things go seriously south.
There are some people who still haven't gotten the memo so I'll lay it out in plain English. The title of this thread is "Climate Change -- which way is it going?" and the answer is in. It's getting colder not warmer.
Global Warming is a scam hatched by those who want to control the world and everyone in it. They have "cooked the books" in every possible way to convince the trusting that CO2 will be the death of us all. There is more than enough evidence of that if one cares to look for it. Global Cooling, however, based on decades of observations and centuries of historical data that have NOT been tampered with, is real. The Eddy Minimum is underway and in the years to come last summer's floods and this January's super-blizzard in Canada will not be unusual. We're out of time to prepare but we have to prepare anyway.... and I am.   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint