Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12918 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #100 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I'm currently trying to figure out how to keep a 4 inch piece of wood centered in a 12 inch pizza pan while I drill holes in it and the pan.   Smiley
Some wood may be wasted but maybe I can use scraps for what would otherwise be wasted.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I spent some megabytes this evening looking for something besides a camera to make PKE meters out of. So far, no luck.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:49am
Print Post  
I've been chewing on the problem along with my pizza and I've about decided to design my own PKE with the story -- if necessary -- that it is a new model that I'm field testing for Dr. Holtzmann which "should" satisfy any curious youngster.
Now all I have to do is find something for the base that is relatively inexpensive that can be rigged up with impressive bells and whistles.....
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
I put in a few hours on my uniform today and I may have blisters on my fingers in the morning. The fabric is very sturdy and getting a needle through it is hard -- I keep a pair of pliers handy. I drew blood a couple of times and sewed one sleeve closed twice. I had to take the stitching out and redo it. Otherwise I'd be farther along.
I have one more stripe to stitch on and a couple of patches. Then all I'll have to do is the pockets and THAT is going to take some thought! Smiley
Typing hurts (right index finger is VERY sore) so it's time to stop....

Post # 65,200 for the site
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 4:56am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 4:15am
Print Post  
My right hand is starting to hurt. I may not be able to sew tomorrow. If not, I'll find something to do while wearing the thumb stabilizer.
Since the franchise "agreement" specifies that only "authorized" service centers can repair and/or install GB equipment, I've been designing the proper certificate of authorization. All I need is to get SCIGB's franchise certificate from Ghost Corps and do some sorta sneaky work to get the "official" border and I'll print it out on some nice paper, suitable for framing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
We went to Rural King -- Skywise needed some stuff for the lawnmower -- and I went looking for 1¼ inch aluminum tube which RK apparently carries but didn't have on the sales floor, 1 inch PVC Schedule 40 couplings of which I found 1 and two thingies that look right but that I don't know the name of. Do you have any idea how hard it is to explain to someone what you're looking for when you don't know what it's called?
Do you know how frustrating it is when you do know the name and the person attempting to "help" you gives you a totally blank look? I do. Believe me. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:11am
Print Post  
I finally tracked down the name of the part. The main problem in finding it was that it should be in the ELECTRICAL department rather than the PLUMBING department. It's a Halex Rigid Insulating Bushing. I have two and need a minimum of two more although if they prove hard to find, I'll get extras.

I put in some time on my uniform this afternoon. I stopped when my fingers started getting sore and my eyelids began twitching. It's coming along nicely though.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:53am by Penthesilea »  

Bushing_resized.png ( 83 KB | 12 Downloads )
Bushing_resized.png

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Worked up a couple of "props" for future use. A "service center" certification and a "development center" certification. I'll print them up once I get the right certificate paper -- which is available on Amazon but I want to check Staples first. No shipping that way.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
I've got the reflective stripes and one patch sewn on my uniform. Smiley All that's left is another small patch then.... moving the pockets.. more Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
We went into town for a late lunch and swung by Rural King where I picked up a few more parts for the Ecto-goggles and the HUGE (â…ž in.) drill bit I needed to start work on the Helium Fill Valve Assembly for the Proton Packs. All in all a good day.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Thinking about the franchise and how, once we start recruiting, we can make it attractive to potential members so they join us rather than another group. I haven't thought of anything yet that doesn't involve a major cash outlay. *sigh*
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2017 at 11:14pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Currently working on the Handbook. Not being sharp enough to work on Book 3 today I've been trying to find "official" definitions for some terms used in Ghostbusters in general and the reboot in particular without much luck. So... I've been defining the terms by what they do in the movie or seem to do. That will have to suffice.

I still haven't thought of anything that would make our franchise unique that doesn't cost $$$$. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #112 - May 2nd, 2017 at 4:11am
Print Post  
At a few minutes before midnight, I have pronounced the First Edition of the SCI Ghostbusters Handbook finished. (Maybe it will stop bugging me now....) As Skywise advised me last night, at some point you have to call it "finished" or you'll be writing and revising forever. I've gone through all the resources available and culled out what I think will be the most helpful. I've also managed to reconcile some inconsistencies concerning ectoplasm and various slimes. There might be new info coming out at a later date but for the moment, what I have is all there is and I've used it to compile what I think is a fairly decent handbook for a franchise that covers both "real world" concerns and the "fun stuff". I'll print it out and put it in my binder when I have time.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #113 - May 2nd, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I had the chance so I printed out all but the last two pages of the handbook. I discovered that I needed to add something to the Glossary so I didn't print the Glossary and Reference pages. I'll get them later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - May 4th, 2017 at 12:23am
Print Post  
I discovered that I needed to add some entries to the handbook Glossary so since I hadn't printed the last pages yet, I did. The new entries added a page to the handbook which gets it up to 46 pages.

The copy of Ghostbusters 2 that I ordered came today. Skywise and Moonie have sworn up and down that we've seen it but for the life of me, I can't remember any of it. Since we didn't have it on DVD and I haven't been able to find one in the stores, I ordered one through amazon. It was still factory sealed and I paid less than $8.00 which included shipping so I got a deal on it. I'm hoping to find a similar deal on the Ghostbusters video game which Dan Aykroyd has said publicly that he considers to be the 3rd Ghostbusters movie. That's good enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2017 at 12:57am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #115 - May 5th, 2017 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
No luck on finding the game. *sigh* I'll have my "agent" Moonie poke around in various Game Stops before I order it.

I "did" order the cable sheathing that I need for the "Shielded Passive Steering Beam Conduit" from a vendor on Amazon just now. I went to Home Depot and Lowe's and all I got was blank looks when I told employees what I was looking for. NOT gonna run around looking for it any more! I ordered three 10 foot lengths which "should" be enough. While out yesterday (Thursday) I did get the steel faucet connectors that I needed. They're 16 inches long. Fourteen inches would probably be better but they don't exist so I'll make 16 inches work. Gods' willing I'll FINALLY be able to start next week, barring any more "real life" delays. I also found the "impossible to find" BLUE wire I needed for the above mentioned conduit. I still have some parts to order but I'm going to assemble what I already have the parts for before I do that. I'd kinda like to get the charge card paid down a bit....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #116 - May 8th, 2017 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I ordered a copy of Rosemary Ellen Guiley's Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits from Amazon. It arrived today.
It contains an entry for "Ghostbusters".  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - May 8th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I've spent the day getting caught up on everything that's been let slide since RB got sick. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* to start work on the packs tomorrow. I'll be taking photographs and notes as I go along so that when I'm done, I'll have a complete file on how to build a proton pack like mine. I figure by the time I'm finished with the fourth one, I should be pretty good at it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - May 9th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
I've been deciding which Maxpedition pouches to add to my uniform. So far I have picked out a "Fatty Pocket Organizer" which I will wear on my right side and a Cellphone holster that will fit the phone I'm going to get that I'll wear on my left. I'm still deciding on whether or not to get a second organizer that would also go on my left. The pockets on the uniform are too small to be really useful so.... pouches.
Plus a couple of extra places on the proton pack straps to attach stuff.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - May 9th, 2017 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
I ordered a copy of Rosemary Ellen Guiley's Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits from Amazon. It arrived today.
It contains an entry for "Ghostbusters".  Smiley

And the companion book, "The Encyclopedia of Vampires, Werewolves and Other Monsters" arrived today. I'll decide later what other books to get...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #120 - May 12th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I found some welding goggles at Rural King and since they are exactly the style I wanted which will require no design changes -- unlike the ones I already have -- I got them. I'll pick up one or two more pairs the next time I'm in there. I also found some sheet aluminum in the right thickness and got that too as well as a punch to make dents in aluminum so the drill bit won't/shouldn't "walk" while I'm drilling the necessary holes.

Skywise has found a bunch of GB roleplaying information online and has been downloading like a fiend. I may have to rewrite some of the SCI Ghostbusters handbook....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - May 12th, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
I've also ordered the Ghostbusters video game for Wii and the Prima Guide for it. Dan Ackroyd has stated that he considers the game "Ghostbusters 3" since all the principals did the voices for their characters and the story is set two years after Ghostbusters 2 and is a direct sequel. That's good enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2017 at 5:27pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #122 - May 12th, 2017 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Among the previously mentioned info that Skywise found, was a "fee schedule" for ghostbusting services. I've copied it and expanded it Smiley to include additional services and charges.... more Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - May 13th, 2017 at 2:20am
Print Post  
While trying to figure out how a "diagram" for a part of the proton pack worked -- the guy obviously never took a drafting class or worked for an architect -- I discovered that he and most of the "pack builders" overlooked a rocker switch and the fact that the prop builders used an outlet box with a single knockout in the construction of the packs. They've been building the part from scratch. So now, before I start going nuts trying to build the part, I'm going to be looking for outlet boxes with a single knockout on one side. The rocker switch shouldn't be hard to find since Radio Shack still has an online presence....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #124 - May 13th, 2017 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
I've had no luck finding an outlet box with only one knockout on one side so now I get to figure out how to get the "look" without having an outlet box. *sigh* In other news, our boxed Ghostbusters RPG finally turned up last night. The box is a bit worse for wear but everything inside is intact. YEA!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25
Send TopicPrint