Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12743 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #125 - May 13th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Might have found something that will work. I'll have to think about it and I've bookmarked the page.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - May 14th, 2017 at 12:43am
Print Post  
One guy on the GBforum posted tons of pictures of his pack build and I've been studying them and I "think" I've figured out how he did it without an outlet box. If I can do it the same way -- and I may be able to after some experimentation -- that will save me a little money but more importantly, some weight. The '84/'89 packs were heavy, so much so that they had to build lightweight ones that the actors wore during the "action" scenes. The '16 packs were reportedly just as heavy, not surprising since they are a LOT more complex. I'm doing what I can to reduce weight while keeping the "look" of the actual props.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - May 14th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I've pulled together all the photo references I can find for that particular part and put them in a reasonably logical order. I'm hoping when I get to that part of the project, I'll be able to figure it out.
Yes, notes will be taken!
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2017 at 4:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (for Wii) has arrived. Skywise has already checked it out and, so far, he approves.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - May 23rd, 2017 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
The Official Game Guide for the Ghostbusters Video Game arrived today -- from England, which explains why there was no tracking on it.

I found a good deal on a Hammond Project box that I'll need for the packs. I only ordered one. If looks like it is going to work, I'll get three more.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
The Hammond box I ordered arrived but despite being the size/model specified, it appears too small when compared to the photos I have. I suspect that it is another case of someone "guessing", guessing wrong, getting something else and NOT updating their parts list. So I've ordered another box in the same material (aluminum), and configuration that is slightly larger. It "should" be big enough. We'll see. If it is I'll order three more and update my parts list!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 2:13am
Print Post  
I've been looking at "very" small digital displays tonight trying to match the ones used in the movie. I think I'm pretty close. I'm not too concerned about the colors of the lights, it's the size that has to be right since I already have 3-D printed mountings for two of the three displays and, of course, no one bothered to mention the sizes of the lights they used.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
I've ordered the lights since trying to figure out from pictures if they will fit the project box I got today is giving me a headache. I already have 3-D printed boxes for the upper and lower displays so if the lights I've ordered fit those, I'll only have the middle box to fret over.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
I finally tracked down a wiring diagram that I knew I had but couldn't find. Now I have it where I can find it and my brain will stop obsessing about it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I'm going back to the drawing board with the Ecto-Cooler recipe. Adaptations of other franchises' recipes aren't giving me the results we want. Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine tastes almost like original Ecto-Cooler but with a stronger flavor. Skywise has suggested cutting it with a small percentage of water. All I have to do is figure out the ratio. And my Kitchen Calculator keeps draining its battery even when turned off so I'm going to have to get another one.  Smiley I'm going to check some of the larger stores before ordering online. I am SO sick of using a credit card when I have cash and having to pay shipping!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
I made a one cup batch of diluted Juicy Juice and Skywise says that it's hard to tell the difference between it and Ecto-Cooler. I'll see what Moonie says first chance we get.

The lights I ordered are in Indianapolis so they "should" be delivered tomorrow. Yea! I'll be able to see if they fit where I need them to. Then all I need to do is figure out how to wire them together and turn them on!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
The lights arrived this morning. One set consisting of three digits is too big. Since it was shipped from China, I'm not going to return it. If/when I need a display that size, I'm all set. I ordered another aluminum box from Amazon. The one I have looks too small so I ordered the next size up. I also ordered more of the "small" digit displays since they are the right size and another set of two digits -- as opposed to four -- to use in place of the set that's too big. Smiley This "trial and error" business is for the birds but at least I'm building a stockpile of parts for future projects. I'm also keeping an EXACT and UPDATED record of what I'm using so anyone who uses my plans will have an ACCURATE materials list!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I "might" have found the size readout I need for the middle display on the packs. I won't know until I see it so I've ordered. *sigh* I REALLY miss being able to walk into a Radio Shack and find what I need......  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #138 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 11:58pm:
I "might" have found the size readout I need for the middle display on the packs. I won't know until I see it so I've ordered. *sigh* I REALLY miss being able to walk into a Radio Shack and find what I need......  Smiley

Turns out it isn't what I need. Probably the right size but it is for a timepiece which is not what I'd be using it for. I've cancelled and since I ordered it two hours ago, there shouldn't be a problem.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:18am:
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 11:58pm:

Turns out it isn't what I need. Probably the right size but it is for a timepiece which is not what I'd be using it for. I've cancelled and since I ordered it two hours ago, there shouldn't be a problem.

Cancelled the order on Amazon and placed another one on eBay. I ordered 3 lots of 10 which should be more than enough since I'll probably need to experiment and since the darn things are so hard to find, I'll be able to help out future franchise members if they need it. Besides the price was right and I saved $6.00 on shipping.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 2:23am
Print Post  
I downloaded some info on wiring the digital displays for the packs and I "think" I'm beginning to understand how it is done. I already have the code -- written by others -- to operate it. I'll need to get a Arduino Uno, likely two, which won't be that difficult. What I'm worried about finding is what the digital numbers are mounted on. The guy that wrote the file intended for it to be used with a kit that is no longer available which means..... I have to find a workable substitute.  Smiley
This is what I need and I have NO idea where to find it since googling leads nowhere.....

Wiring_3.png ( 286 KB | 15 Downloads )
Wiring_3.png

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Still Smiley ......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
It appears that since the abovementioned kit is unavailable, I'm going to have to teach myself Basic/Intermediate Electronics in order to wire the packs properly. And once I go to all the trouble to LEARN this stuff, I'm gonna be installing electronics in EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY CAN!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
It appears that the last box I ordered (Hammond 1590B) is the right size for the middle display on the pack. At least, the digital display board will fit inside it according to my measurements. The box originally listed is too small to hold the display and I'm having to go by a picture posted by another builder with only his hand to indicate the size. Moonie and I think this one comes closest.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2017 at 11:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:52am
Print Post  
It looks like the guy who made the kit made/printed his own project boards because NONE of them are a “standard” size. To say this annoys me is an understatement. I used WAY too many megabytes confirming that they weren't "standard" or even nearly so. The least that the Smiley could have done was use "standard" sizes.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:55am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
STILL trying to figure out EXACTLY what I need to do the wiring in addition to an Arduino UNO, cables and the 7 segment numbers. The assortment of circuit boards is mind-numbing and while I know what I need for the circuit to do, I do NOT know how to find the board I need. In the descriptions given many, MANY acronyms are used -- which tell ME absolutely nothing although they are probably very informative to people well versed in "electronic jargon". More and continuing -->  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
I just left a post on the GB forum indicating to the guy who made the lighting kits that if/when he does another run of them, I need four of them. It's the same guy I got the "backboards" from so I know he's legit and does good work. And reading through the thread, I found out that I guessed right on the sizes of the 7 segment displays. YAY ME!! Smiley Those aren't part of the kit which consists of the connecting cables and the circuit boards. I'll figure out how to do it myself if I have to but if I can get the kits, so much the better. AND Skywise and I can examine the boards to see how they're done. Ya know... just in case.  Smiley

Post # 38,438
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:46am
Print Post  
No response from the guy on GB forums. *sigh* Some good news on that front would be welcome today......

In order to distract myself from the ongoing septic problem  Smiley I dug out an original PKE meter from the Kenner toy line and I'm thinking of combining its design with that of the ATC PKE meter to create something that doesn't require a now hard to find camera to produce -- a JH PKE 2.0 if you will. Or maybe it is an AY PKE meter. I won't know for sure until the book comes out...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 4:02am
Print Post  
I'm conserving megabytes but I did a quick google on liquid crystal displays and found out that they can be controlled by Arduino programming and devices. This has me thinking that I could use a LCD screen as the "readout" for my PKE meter and maybe be able to change the "readings" at will. Smiley Still in the very early "design" stages but I think I may be onto something....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I just posted this at the request of Ghostbusters Franchises Worldwide:

Quote:
South Central Indiana Ghostbusters

Morgan, Putnam, Johnson, Shelby, Owen Monroe and Brown counties of Central Indiana, United States (Subject to change if a group operating in any of those counties turns up. I wasn’t able to find one when I registered ours. Yes, I know about the other franchises in Indiana.)

Contact Information:

Email: scighostbusters@earthlink.net
     Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/South-Central-Indiana-Ghostbusters-145644569257666/

We’re a new group and still getting organized and outfitted. If you want to get in on the “ground floor” now is the time.

I was wondering how to contact people. Maybe this will help.

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2017 at 4:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25
Send TopicPrint