Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12745 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #175 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I've been asked to help admin a facebook Ghostbusters group. I've accepted and I'm waiting to hear back. The guy that started the group and I have similar feelings about the bullies in the GB Community so I'm pretty sure it will work out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #176 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Grrrrr..... The part for my PKE meter that I was expecting today has been delayed. It's in Tennessee. Smiley So I get to wait another day. I picked up something today that "might" work as part of a ATC PKE meter but since I'm no where NEAR having the design worked out, I'll probably use it for its intended purpose and get more later. At $2.99 each, I can afford to.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #177 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
The part that was in Tennessee is now here so I can take some measurements and do some design work. I also located our second camera. Skywise needs to do a little maintenance on it -- the batteries got left in it so the contacts need cleaning -- but I'll be able to use it to photograph my progress on the packs. I want original pictures to put in my "How to build a 2016 Proton Pack" file. I'm using other people's instructions as a starting point but I'll be "doing my own thing" especially since many of these people left out important information like MEASUREMENTS and HOW THEY FASTENED THINGS TOGETHER which I'm going to have to figure out on my own. Not to mention saying that they used one size Hammond Project box when they ended up using another and did NOT note the change in their instructions!  Smiley Smiley So everything is going to be documented WITH pictures and carefully drawn diagrams! So there!
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #178 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I'm pleased. After much searching on Lowe's Home Improvement site, I've found two things I need for the proton packs that I didn't know the names for: Button-Head, Allen Drive screws (as in "Allen wrench" screws) and ¼ inch thick "Washer/Spacers". I knew that the darn things existed 'cause I'd seen pictures of them used in other fan built packs but NO ONE (glares at other fan-builders) mentioned them by name or any other way in their "build" threads. Smiley Now that I know what I'm looking for, I "should" be able to find them without "too" much trouble.
I hope......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Well, it turned out that the piece of Real Ghostbusters equipment that I was researching wasn't in the episode that sources said it was. The source indicated that it appeared in only two episodes and only one of those is available on DVD so I've scrapped that project. Instead I'll develop my own design to do what I need for it to do which is track ghosts -- kinda like a Geiger counter. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #180 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
This design looks promising....

Geiger_counter_5.jpg ( 52 KB | 9 Downloads )
Geiger_counter_5.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #181 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I was looking for an old style office phone to use as a prop last night. I found a picture but so far, no phone. I want this style 'cause among other things, it looks like the phone in The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series. Also, a red phone screams "EMERGENCY!!!!" which seems appropriate for incoming Ghostbusters calls.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2017 at 11:29pm by Penthesilea »  

Red_office_phone.jpg ( 29 KB | 9 Downloads )
Red_office_phone.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #182 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
I ordered some printable certificate paper and it arrived today. It is as close to what Ghost Corps uses for their certificates as I can get without having received mine yet. I intend to print up some "official" certificates of various types for use as "set decoration" or just plain "decoration". There is a group out in Colorado trying to raise money for what they're calling a "fan film" but with the amount they're spending and the number of professionals they're using both in front of and behind the camera calling it a "fan film" is really pushing it.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:39pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #183 - Aug 2nd, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
I just ordered an "Official Photographer" patch for Moonie's uniform and a Maxpedition pouch for mine. We're "probably" going to Lowe's tomorrow to pick up some parts I need for the packs. Now all I need is to make the time to work on them. With the parts I'll get at Lowe's, I'll have everything I need to build one unit so I can finally complete something without having to wait on parts.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Went to Lowe's today. Didn't find exactly what I wanted but it may not exist so I got something that will work. I'll be installing it in such a way that I can go in and change it out if/when I find something that works/looks better.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #185 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:51pm:
The part that was in Tennessee is now here so I can take some measurements and do some design work. I also located our second camera. Skywise needs to do a little maintenance on it -- the batteries got left in it so the contacts need cleaning -- but I'll be able to use it to photograph my progress on the packs. I want original pictures to put in my "How to build a 2016 Proton Pack" file. I'm using other people's instructions as a starting point but I'll be "doing my own thing" especially since many of these people left out important information like MEASUREMENTS and HOW THEY FASTENED THINGS TOGETHER which I'm going to have to figure out on my own. Not to mention saying that they used one size Hammond Project box when they ended up using another and did NOT note the change in their instructions!  Smiley Smiley So everything is going to be documented WITH pictures and carefully drawn diagrams! So there!

Well, I cleaned the contacts with 91% alcohol, let it dry for 24 hours, put in fresh batteries and..... nothing. It won't turn on. Moonie -- the family's official photographer -- couldn't get it working either. I'll have Skywise look at it while I check Amazon to find out what cameras are going for these days.....

Post # 38,683
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:32am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #186 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Skywise got it working so maybe I won't need to buy a new camera after all.

I got the nuts I needed to fit the screws I got yesterday so there's one thing that I won't have to hunt all over for! Now I just need more of the screws and spacers. We'll be in at least one other home improvement store tomorrow and I'll be checking for them at those places too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #187 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
I was poking around Menard's website and on a whim I looked up "spacers" and found the size I want! Smiley They come in packages of 5 so I ordered two which will give me enough for one pack. If they look like I want them too -- and they should -- I'll order what I'll need for the rest of the packs. The spacers I bought yesterday will go in the "random parts" box. I'll find a use for them sooner or later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #188 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking about all the "auxiliary" equipment I want to build and aside from the ecto-goggles I don't have much in the way of designs and/or parts. So I'm gonna have to get firm on myself and concentrate on the packs -- I STILL need to figure some things out AND get the parts -- our uniforms, PKE meters and ghost traps and stop thinking about other stuff I'd like to build! I hope that the Ghostbusters Ectomobile Owner's Workshop Manual that will be released in October will help with the ghost traps and meters.

81eI1LO+9wL.jpg ( 355 KB | 8 Downloads )
81eI1LO+9wL.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #189 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Dinner's over and I've been relaxing looking at the Ghostbuster groups on facebook. Most of the trolls have subsided and the groups I was looking at have a very low tolerance for bullying behavior. They'll probably stay in their holes until something else appears on the GB horizon that they disapprove of.

Skywise just walked in so I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #190 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
My Maxpedition Fatty Organizer came today. It's for my uniform since the pockets are too small to be really useful. I realized last night that I'm going to need something to store all the small(ish) pieces of my gear in one place and yet another plastic tote is not the ideal solution so I'll probably be picking up a duffle bag of some sort at Walmart the next time I'm in there if there's something there I like. I have several such bags but they all have something in them so I'll need a new one for my Ghostbuster stuff. I'm hoping to find one in red/white which are the Ghostbuster "colors" after all. I don't know if my uniform boots -- when I get them -- will go into the bag but the shin guards/boot covers will, along with my gloves, Maxpedition pouch, PKE meter and maybe the ghost trap although those may be stored with the packs. (Another storage problem!  Smiley) Extra "uniform clothes" should go in there too.
My new pouch is below and it needs a cool patch. I can't decide between STAR WARS and Wonder Woman. I have enough GB patches on my uniform as it is....
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:13pm by Penthesilea »  

81LOaKCt1-L__SL1200_.jpg ( 309 KB | 10 Downloads )
81LOaKCt1-L__SL1200_.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #191 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I need a multi-tool and another Swiss Army knife....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #192 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:26am
Print Post  
I've been looking for plans for the RGB PKE meter which is the one I want to build. All I'm finding is plans/instructions for building a "hairbrush" style meter or one that's 3-D printed. So... I'm on my own since buying a 3-D printer is not in the cards with now and no one local -- that I can find -- offers 3-D printing services and I have enough things I'm going to have to find someone to print -- specifically the "box" for the proton gun of which I'll need 4. I "think" I've located all the exterior parts I'll need including a screen. I just have to figure out how to put them together. I don't think I'll be able to retract/extend the antenna but we'll see. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #193 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
I found a duffle bag today. It's RED with black piping and at 24 inches should be more than big enough, even for the shin/boot covers. It has both handles and a shoulder strap that you can't see in the picture. The boots themselves will have a separate "boot bag" that I may or may not make myself. There's a "shoe" section so I can carry a spare pair of shoes, probably canvas sneakers. It's got a place for an ID card so I'll probably slip in one of my personal business cards until there are some "official" SCI GB business cards. Or maybe I'll just work something up with Pages. I'm also going to put one of the SCI GB patches on it. Just because! An optional rigid bottom is also a possibility.

Post # 38,700
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2017 at 6:11pm by Penthesilea »  

GB__gear_bag.png ( 623 KB | 11 Downloads )
GB__gear_bag.png

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #194 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:37pm:
I ordered some printable certificate paper and it arrived today. It is as close to what Ghost Corps uses for their certificates as I can get without having received mine yet. I intend to print up some "official" certificates of various types for use as "set decoration" or just plain "decoration". There is a group out in Colorado trying to raise money for what they're calling a "fan film" but with the amount they're spending and the number of professionals they're using both in front of and behind the camera calling it a "fan film" is really pushing it.

I've been fooling around with the formatting of the certificates I'm going to make and I think I have all the ones I'm going to make immediately sized the fit the paper I bought. I just ordered a frame to see how they fit in it since I can't find anything suitable locally. It's inexpensive and there's no sales tax and shipping is free. If it looks okay, I'll get enough for all the certificates I'm going to print. This is what the certificates look like.

Best_Match.jpg ( 59 KB | 10 Downloads )
Best_Match.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #195 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
The spacers I ordered have arrived and they are perfect. Smiley
I'll be ordering enough for the rest of the packs in a few days.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #196 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Had to "unlike" a couple of franchise fb pages tonight as I suspect that the members (some or all) might have been among the anti-ATC bullies I was dealing with last year. I can be civil -- don't know if they can -- but I don't have to be buddy-buddy with them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #197 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 5:26am
Print Post  
I printed up some "official" certificates tonight and I must say they look pretty good. They're intended as props for a future GB fan movie but I couldn't resist going ahead and printing them.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #198 - Aug 13th, 2017 at 12:34am
Print Post  
I just ordered enough spacers for all the packs. I put the cash I had in my "Ghostbusters Fund" onto a pre-paid debit card so I could use it to get what I have to buy online. I know I could use a credit card but I'm sick of paying interest -- shipping is bad enough! -- and this way everything is as "paid for" as if I'd gone to a brick and mortar store and paid cash. There will be more things that I'll need to get online thanks to the loss of electronics hobby stores but I'll just keep adding to the card and pay as I go.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #199 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 3:30am
Print Post  
I've been confining by facebook posts to a couple of Ghostbusters groups and that's all. Too much drama, animosity and plain 'ole "too big for their britches"(ness) elsewhere even in some of the GB groups for me. I'm afraid GB fandom is going to be permanently split between those who absolutely HATE Answer the Call and those who love it and everything else Ghostbusters and that makes me sad.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
Send TopicPrint