Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12761 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #275 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
According to Skywise and Moonie, I have successfully created a damned good Ecto-cooler clone.YAY ME!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #276 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I've started a word document for the "Uniform Project". There isn't much on it yet but at least I have somewhere to put info when I have it. I'm going to have to make some pattern pieces so I'd better have storage envelopes for them too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #277 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
My boots have "left" Independence according to tracking. WHERE they are going is anyone's guess....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #278 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:00am
Print Post  
I didn't get to work on Spirit's uniform today -- too much other stuff was in my face demanding to be dealt with -- but with most of the "in my face" stuff done I "should" be able to get some work done tomorrow.
Once the patterns I ordered get here, I'll be able to plan a bit better for when I make our next uniforms. I'm STILL looking for a pattern or instruction or SOMETHING that will tell me how to make a bi-swing shirt back. The uniforms are not terribly helpful since they're not put in correctly -- which is the main problem with them.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #279 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
My boots are still in Kentucky.....  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #280 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I STILL haven't found anything on how to make a "bi-swing" or "action back" shirt but I "may" have figured it out on my own after much, MUCH using of megabytes and attendant "brain-strain".
I see "test garments" in my future........

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #281 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:56am
Print Post  
The last "stripe section" on Spirit's uniform is on. All that's left now are the patches and since I have other things to do tonight, I'll start on that tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #282 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:15am
Print Post  
My boots are FINALLY back in Indianapolis. Tracking says that they'll be delivered on Saturday but if the idiots actually pass them off to the Post Office, they'll be here Friday. Maybe tomorrow although that might be asking too much.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #283 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Anddddd the Post Office came through! Once FedIck passed my boots off to the USPS they flew through the system and arrived today.
Unfortunately, they have a very strong "gasoline" smell which I'm hoping will fade now that they're out of the box. They fit "pretty well" and aren't as high as I'd hoped which is probably good since if they were any higher, I wouldn't be able to lace them up and that's pretty hard to do as it is. When I find a pair of black hiking boots that fit better I'll probably get them to replace these, especially if I can't get the smell out. *sigh*
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #284 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I just made another batch of ecto-cooler. Unlike previous experiments, this one was consumed quickly so I guess it is a hit. I'll have to keep the makings on hand at all times....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #285 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Since "I" will be making our next uniforms, I'm collecting patterns, online information and redoing the measurements record for each of us.  I'm including a few more measurements -- including shoe size -- and I finally found the record for how much reflective grograin ribbon I need to buy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #286 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 12:06am
Print Post  
We're getting near the end. She's coughing slightly.

10/16/17: This should have been posted in What's Happenin'? Shows what shape I was in Saturday night....  Cry
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2017 at 4:08am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #287 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 4:10am
Print Post  
I took another fast look at some boots at Walmart that I was considering before I ordered the ones from Amazon. I'm really considering getting them as soon as I have enough $$$. The ones i ordered and went through considerable aggravation to get are a disappointment. At least at Walmart, I can try them on before I buy them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #288 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
No work on uniforms or anything else today. Everything is on hold until I find out what's going on with my body.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #289 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 1:42am
Print Post  
We were in the hardware store today and I was able to get two more 2 x 4 inch PVC connectors so I have all I need for the packs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #290 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
I've been going over the instructions with the Kwik Sew Men's coverall pattern I have and using it to make all the uniforms is looking very "doable" with very few alternations. This is a good thing. It will cut down considerably on the "trial and error" part of the project.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #291 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
I found -- and bought -- a pattern for a men's jacket that has the type of sleeves with cuffs that I need. I probably won't use the sleeve from the pattern but use it as a guide to altering the sleeve that comes with the coverall pattern. MUCH less complicated that way. I've also located a pattern for women's cargo pants which I'll use for the "hot weather" uniform which is pants and a shirt. There's also a "shorts" option. My legs would have to look a lot better than they do for me to wear that but Moonie might like it.

I'm not satisfied with the "cosplay" gloves I bought last year. They're too much of a pain to put on so I'm looking at various "sportsman/tactical" half-mitts on Amazon. I've narrowed it down to one pair that hopefully I can customize without too much trouble.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #292 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 3:44am
Print Post  
I've been transcribing the instructions for adding cuffs with plackets to the sleeves of the coveralls. They may need to be modified once I get into actual construction but I'll worry about that then. At the moment, it gives me something to take my mind off the "waiting". Yes, I know. I could/should be editing but I don't think it would be a good idea right now. I'm trying to stay "in the Now" and editing, especially Book 3, takes me out of the "Now". And, to be honest, Shadow is in Book 3 and I haven't even been able to write her tribute yet. Even thinking about it makes me cry. So.. simple transcription of sewing instructions is about all I can manage.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #293 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Still working on the sewing instructions for our uniforms. It's keeping my mind off the wait and figuring out "stuff" is keeping me from thinking about things I shouldn't think about.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #294 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I've finished the instructions. I'll let them set for a while before going over them again. If Skywise's or Spirit's uniforms are too uncomfortable, I may have to make the new ones sooner than I'd planned. I'll just have to see. Of course, I'm counting on NOT needing extensive medical treatment over the next year or so.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #295 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
We went to Spirit Halloween in Bloomington this morning. Skywise needed a "Halloween" tie for work. "I" found a HUGE (2 cup) Ghostbusters mug. We also found a Proton Pack but the box had been opened so Skywise didn't want it. If it hadn't been, he probably would have gotten it.

Thinking about Ghostbuster stuff is about the only thing keeping me sane right now.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #296 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I'm finding all sorts of Ghostbuster themed recipes so I've started a SCI Ghostbusters Cookbook file to keep them in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #297 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Orange flavoring exists so now I'm thinking of "ecto-flavored" cupcakes since orange is the primary flavor in Ecto-cooler. I'll need to find out what the regs regarding "bake sales" are before we make definite plans but it occurs to me that selling baked goods with a Ghostbusters' theme would be a good way to raise money for charity.

Also, I found an Esty shop where you can buy and download a file for a full size color portrait of Gertrude Aldridge -- the first ghost encountered in GB: Answer the Call. As soon as I know the file size, I'll order it if it won't clean me out of gigabytes. They also have files for a couple of the "newspaper" pages from Ghostbusters (the first) and one for Answer the Call which will give our display table something unique or at least, not usually seen. So.... I'm gonna be doing business with this guy. I'm also going to buy and download his files for the "original" dust jackets for Ghosts from Our Past. I suspect that the ones I have may have been pirated from him.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #298 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I downloaded the picture file last night. Now I'll need to transfer it to a flash drive and have it printed. I don't know how much that will cost or how long it will take so I'm going to wait a bit.

I've been thinking about SCI GB bake sales to raise charity donations. Everyone seems hooked on raffles which are fine but most people walk away empty handed. They might feel good about donating but.... So I was thinking about selling reasonably priced goodies, ecto-homebrew, bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate in cold weather. That way, people get something for their money. It might not be a "Slimer Cookie Jar" or an "Ecto-Cosy Coupe" but there's definitely something to be said for having a treat as you're walking through the fair or whatever.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:25pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #299 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
My copy of Ghostbusters Ectomobile Owner's Manual arrived yesterday and while I'd like more Answer the Call stuff in it, it's going to be very useful. I'm also designing -- in my head so far -- a PVC rack for a proton pack. I'm going to need four and while a rack big enough for all four would be very stable, I think that separate ones would be easier to load in the van. Of course, if we end up with a "dedicated" ectomobile that has enough room, I can always build a rack that's big enough four or more proton packs for permanent installation in the ectomobile.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Send TopicPrint