Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12846 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #300 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:21am
Print Post  
I was looking around earlier for someplace to get my Gertrude Aldridge print made. It looks like FedEx is going to get the job. They have "custom sizes" on request and the print is a non-standard size. The price is pretty reasonable too. So Smiley I don't know when I'll have it done but at least I know where to go.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #301 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 3:03am
Print Post  
At some point, I'm going to need a large prop book to be the Spate's Catalog of Nameless Horrors. It's "oversized" to judge from the illustration in the first collected volume of IDW Ghostbuster comics so I'm thinking I'll have to make it. Fortunately, there exists 18 x 24 inch manila drawing paper -- probably available at United Art and Education and "I" have rudimentary knowledge of bookbinding so.......
I've also found a very VERY large/thick sketchbook that would work as one of the other thicker books. Don't know which one yet. I'll probably have to "make up" a couple of books for the fanfilm's library specific to the Midwest. There's a "real" book I want to get to go along with the other local paranormal books I have.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #302 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Skywise just gifted me with an oversized ammo box that could be made into a portable containment unit. Just how is yet to be figured out. The wheels are going 'round and 'round.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #303 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I found a HUGE paper cutter on Amazon and Skywise said to go ahead and order it. It's something that he can use for his projects too and between it and the paper cutter we have, we should be all set to handle any paper cutting chore that comes up. I also ordered that above mentioned "real" book so things are proceeding along nicely.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2017 at 2:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #304 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I've been figuring out what reference books a well stocked mid-western Ghostbusters' franchise would have on hand. (Thinking table displays at cons and such, fanfilm set dressing and background for photoshoots) Some of the books on my list are real and I already have some of them. Others, like the Spates Catalog and the Roylance Guide are not and I'm going to have make "props" for them. I've located a thick dictionary that will do for the Roylance (with a new dust jacket) but the Spates I'm going to have to make. United Art and Education doesn't have paper the right size so I'll have to order it at a later date. I spent nearly $60 on GB comics today. Fortunately, Ghostbusters International Vol. 2 is the last collection I have to buy. The Ghostbusters 101 collection is pre-ordered at Amazon but the guys at Comics University will be getting the order for all future GB books. I think they like me......
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 2:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #305 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I've been puzzling over how to do the cover for the Spates Catalog and I "think" I've figured it out. I've just ordered as large a sheet of black bookcloth as I can find. I'm pretty sure that I can use acrylic paint mixed with "fabric medium" to paint the design that goes on the cover directly onto it. I'll have to test a little piece first. The size of the cloth (17 x 38 inches) will be the determining factor on how "tall" the book will be so it won't be any taller than 15½ inches which is the height of a DeLorme State Atlas. The pages will be approximately 14¾ inches tall and 12 inches wide and will be as thick as I can manage to make it but probably not much more than 3 inches. (The Spates Catalog is a THICK book and it's been known to, on rare occasions, update itself!)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #306 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I was poking around in the basement and found a thick Physics textbook that will do for the 1st Edition of Ghosts from our Pasts if the dust jacket fits -- which I won't know until I get it printed. If it doesn't fit, I can use the physics book for one of the other large books -- Roylance maybe. I also found my copy of Hans Holzer's Ghosts. That and a few other books will be added to the "prop" list as I retrieve them. Yes, I have a rather large library of paranormal "case studies/reference" books....
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 10:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #307 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 2:19am
Print Post  
I've found instructions for making dust jackets from construction paper that result in a "vintage" look which will probably work for what I have in mind. Gonna have to get back to United Art and Education to get construction paper the right size and color.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #308 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:00am
Print Post  
I've been looking at staplers with extra long throats so I can make digest sized prop books.
Yes, I know. I'm crazy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #309 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Skywise's hardcover Necronomicon arrived today and I ordered an unabridged dictionary that, with an appropriate dust jacket, will do for the Roylance Guide. I wanted an especially hefty book for that since it's the one about secret societies and sects and should be huge. I want the books to be different sizes so they don't all look like a "set". Finding construction paper the right size and color will require a trip to United Art and Education. I'd rather not order online if I can help it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:28am
Print Post  
I've been having "Fun with Fonts" while waiting for the pizza dough to rise. I've found an "Old English" one I like and I'll have Skywise download and install it when he has time. I ordered an Old English lettering stencil today that I'll use on things that are too big to go through our printer.

It occurs to me that I'm crazy but Skywise doesn't seem to mind so I won't worry about it....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I've been editing the GB Booklist. Some names needed to be changed or added and some entries -- books that I'd have to make -- have been cut. Between books that really exist (like The American Ephemeris for the 20th Century: 1900 to 2000 at Noon) and the books mentioned in the GB canon (like the two editions of Tobin's, the Roylance Guide and Spates) I'll have enough books for "set dressing" and displays. I've already made up a sign explaining that because certain books aren't really "safe" to be out in public, they are being represented by "prop" books for everyone's safety. That will keep me from having to write Spates and the Roylance Guide. Not to mention Magicians, Martyrs and Madmen....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #312 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:27am
Print Post  
I've pulled out more textbooks that will with appropriate dust jackets will pass for "ghostbuster" books -- in photographs at least. I've also found a couple of "real life" books on the topic of Great Lakes ghosts so I won't have to "make up" a book for that.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #313 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
I got Skywise's copy of the Necronomicon out of its shrink wrap and it needs a tiny bit of work which fortunately, I have the materials to do. I'm also going to have to make a dust jacket for it 'cause it is a fabric cover and it's gonna catch cat hair like crazy if I don't!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #314 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I bought another poster frame today and Moonie and I managed to get another poster framed. That leaves one that I already have that needs framing. I was lurking Amazon and found another poster I need to get so that will make a total of four 24 x 36 inch posters to start. There are some smaller ones I may get later and a much larger one I MUST HAVE if it becomes available again.

Post #39,239
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2017 at 10:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I'm making a list of papers to look for at United Art and Education -- drawing and construction -- for the "prop books" project. The bookcloth I ordered for the Spates Catalog of Unnamed Horrors arrived today. The paper cutter big enough to cut it that I ordered should arrive tomorrow so all I'll need to get started on it is the paper for the inside pages. I'm going to use cream manila drawing paper for the "aged/old" look. The rest will be ordinary books with dust jackets which will do for "set decoration" and photographs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #316 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
The paper cutter is in town and should be delivered tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Someone has posted the out of print and impossible to find Ghostbusters coloring book on the GBfans forum as a download. Since I'm been looking for coloring pages to use when we start doing events, I'm going to download it the next chance I get. There's another download site that I'm going to get too. That "should" give me enough different pictures.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #318 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I gotta talk to Eric about giving me admin status on Ghostbusters United Community. A moderator doesn't have enough power for what I need to do right now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #319 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
The troll has subsided for the moment, which is good since I'm about to lose my connection.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #320 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Just ordered more construction paper -- small package -- for the book project. Gallon's Spectral Almanac has a green cover according to the comic and I'm trying to get as close as I can to what references there are so I ordered green. I just hope it isn't too garish a green...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #321 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Smiley I'm going to need a bigger finishing press.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #322 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 4:53am
Print Post  
I've been going through my various files on bookbinding.I I think that the Spates is going to have a "lay flat" binding. It isn't that complicated to do and it looks cool.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #323 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
The construction paper I ordered for dust jackets arrived today. Blick Art Supplies uses REALLY fast shipping. It was mailed from Illinois this morning and arrived here a few minutes ago. NOW if everyone ELSE would ship that fast!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #324 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
The book -- an unabridged dictionary -- I ordered for the Roylance Guide is out for delivery. I'm not going to start on that project today unless everything else on my To Do list is finished first. It "should" have a dust jacket on it -- hope so anyway -- that I can use as a pattern for the new one. I've got an Old English lettering template, some metallic silver Sharpies and I've ordered some white ones -- which I hope ship soon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Send TopicPrint