Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12864 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #75 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
February 22, 2017 12:14 am

I’ve been working on the Home Brew Ecto-Cooler recipe, essentially working out the amounts needed to make specific amounts of the drink. I worked up to 1½ gallons and then jumped to 3 gallons and 6 gallons. I really can’t see needing to make that much at one time but I have the numbers if I need them. I still need to figure out how much baking soda to use but the main part of the recipe is done.

I’ve also been trying to figure out proper placement for the numerous patches that will be available to members of my GB franchise group. Unlike the movies -- all three of them -- the four main people won’t be doing everything. There are slots for weapons experts, containment unit techs, R&D people, mechanics, medics and recon in addition to Field Operatives and I have to figure out where to put the patches. The locations of the “No Ghost” patch, franchise patch and the name patch are set: the name on the left front above the pocket, No Ghost on the right shoulder which leaves the left shoulder for the franchise patch. I’ll consult with Skywise about the rest. He knows more about this sort of thing than I do.

11:59 am

A patch I ordered for myself is “Out for Delivery” so I may be doing some experimenting with placement this afternoon. Moonie just tried on her uniform and it fits -- the pant legs could be a touch shorter but she’s not walking on her hems so it’s good -- so I’ll be getting her name tag on today and maybe her other patches if the Queen cooperates by NOT laying on the uniform. We’re definitely going to need garment bags for the uniforms to keep them clean AND to keep the cats from testing their claws on them!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #76 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
February 23, 2016 12:24 am

Made another trial batch of Home Brew Ecto-Cooler with a pinch of baking soda
to cut the bitterness of the juices and adjusted the color. Skywise is on his way home and he said he’d test it. I also put all but one of her patches on Moonie’s GB uniform. My hand was starting to get tired so I didn’t tackle the last one -- the famous “No Ghost” patch -- which is the one that when I sewed one on my
uniform put me in the thumb brace.

2:33 pm

The reflective tape STILL has not arrived so Amazon is trying again at no charge. It is “supposed” to be here Saturday. We’ll see.

A hard to find part for the proton guns arrived today. Skywise and I aren’t exactly sure how to put it where it needs to go but we’ll cross the proton gun bridge when we get to it. I have to figure out how to build the proton pack first!

6:00 pm

The reflective “tape” arrived an hour ago by UPS instead of USPS and I quickly got the replacement order cancelled. THEN I find out that the “tape” is really ELASTIC which could be made to work but it’s not ideal. Amazon’s selection was no help so I googled and Seattle Fabrics had the right thing so I ordered that. I should get it in about a week, more or less. I’ve had some serious twinges in my right hand today so no hand sewing for me for a couple of days at least.

10:31 pm

Sent email to the proton pack backboard guy. Hopefully, he’ll be encouraged to do another run of backboards with three of them already “sold”...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #77 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
February 24, 2017 9:06 pm

VASTLY ANNOYED!! Not only are the backboards no longer available but three other vital pieces 3-D printed by the same guy are ALSO NOT AVAILABLE!! That does it! I’m going to download the files for those pieces and get them printed myself!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
February 25, 2017

Went looking on eBay for more of the parts that the above mentioned guy wasn’t selling and discovered that he IS still selling them, just at different locations on the site. I intended to order everything I need for the four packs -- the 3D printed parts at least -- from him today but I was only allowed to order a total of four things. So I’m going to have to wait until I can order four more things then wait some more and order the last four things. Frustrating to say the least! But at least I’ll get them. NOW if he’d just have another issue of back boards....

Did a little more work on the fan film script. I had an idea about how to get a character where I wanted them so I wrote it up and adjusted the dialog accordingly.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:01pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #79 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
February 27, 2017

Two more pizza pans arrived on the 24th and the “Research & Development” patches arrived today. The shipping notice for two sets of upper and lower display boxes hit my email today too. I’ll still need to order two more sets and a “four pack” of “box lids” but I’m hoping to get that done soon. I also found a “no ghost” patch that while expensive, might be as good as the ones I bought years ago and saved.

9:34 pm

Just got an email from the guy doing the motherboards. He’ll be having a new run in about a month and will let me know so I can get the three he’ll be holding for me. The reflecting tape I ordered will likely hit the mail tomorrow. Things are looking up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
February 28, 2017

I ordered a No Ghost patch from the GBfans shop. It’s pricey -- $12 plus postage -- but if they’re up to our standards, we’ll order enough to get a discount and maybe a break on shipping.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #81 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
March 1, 2017

The “no ghost” patch should arrive tomorrow and I found where Rural King hides the aluminum bar and tube stock. I bought another piece of bar stock -- so I don’t have to worry if I mess up -- and 4 feet each of 1 inch and ¾ inch tube stock. The 1 inch is perfect, the ¾ inch is too small for the proton gun so it will go into the stockpile of interesting bits and pieces. I’ve ordered another book that should be helpful with the fan film project. At least it should give us some realistic ideas on how to proceed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #82 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
March 3, 2017

The “no ghost” patch arrived today along with the reflector ribbon. The patch is up to standard but smaller than I’d hoped. I guess these “super-sized” ones we have are out of production. Too bad. At least we have enough for our uniforms. The ribbon is MUCH better quality than what’s on the uniforms and I’m seriously considering putting the new ribbon over the old since the ends are sewn into the seams which are -- of course -- covered by the lining in the top.

The 3D printed parts I ordered arrived yesterday and they’re definitely up to standard. I couldn’t do as well making them from scratch. Since the quality is so good, I’ll order the “heat sinks” from him as well and save over $50 apiece on them. Can’t beat that!

Been thinking about creating a “MeetUp” group to gather members for SCIGB. Thing is, we’d need a place to meet and we don’t have one. I find myself dreaming the impossible dream of buying a small commercial building that we could paint/remodel/decorate as a GB headquarters for our group -- not to mention a place where we could shoot the “interiors” for our fan films.

“Impossible” but that isn’t keeping me from thinking about it.... but. First things first... we need a “group”.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #83 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
March 13, 2017

I ordered more parts for the packs today. When this order comes in, I’ll have
enough 3D printed parts for two packs. Three more orders and I’ll have everything. I’ll still have to get the Plasma Ignition chambers printed but at least there won’t be shipping charges.

I’ve felt too damned lousy to work on ANYTHING except a little bit on the script and a new formula for Ecto Cooler based on Windy City’s recipe. Skywise thinks it is too sweet which is understandable given that it calls for 2 teaspoons of sugar in addition to ¼ C. of Country Time Lemonade mix which is basically lemon flavored sugar. The second trial will leave out the 2 t. of sugar. If it’s still too sweet, I’ll cut the Country Time in half.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
March 18, 2017

Somewhat disappointed in today’s deliveries. The hunt is on again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #85 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
March 24, 2017

Skywise thinks I should concentrate on getting the uniforms, proton packs and other props made THEN work on getting the franchise up and running. Since I’m having NO luck finding a meeting place we can use regularly, I gotta agree with him. I’ve done about all the “organization type stuff” that I can do for the franchise without having a place to meet so, yeah. Time to build which is enough of a hair-pulling project in itself!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
March 26, 2017

I finished putting the ribbon on the right sleeve yesterday. I’d planned to do more work on it today after we got back from the movie but my hand is a little sore so I’m not going to push it.

Later:

Changed my mind, the third stripe is on. I’ll do the last sleeve stripe probably tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
March 27, 2017

I didn’t work on my uniform today. My hand was too tired and I had no time -- Skywise had the day off. I did get to check Rural King and they do have 1¼ ins. aluminum tubing so as soon as they get some back on the sale floor, I’ll get enough for the packs. That just leaves the 1⅜ ins. tube which I’m hoping they have. If not, I’ll look at Lowe’s and Home Depot. I really don’t want to have to order it. I’d like for it to be STRAIGHT which it may not be if it has to be shipped. Not to mention the shipping charges.... OUCH!

Speaking of which, the reflective ribbon I ordered is packed in a PRIORITY MAIL, FLAT RATE LEGAL envelope waiting to be dropped into the mail. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow and I’ll have it by the end of the week.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
March 30, 2017

The grograin ribbon arrived today. NOW if my hand will just hold out while I finish my uniform and do the other three. Smiley I’m reasonably sure I won’t have to make major alterations on the other uniforms like I’m having to do on mine -- Honor and Glory to Athena! -- so once mine is done, the rest will be time consuming but not very difficult.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
April 3, 2017

Backboards are back in stock and I’ve ordered the three he’s holding for me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #90 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
April 8, 2017

We were in Home Depot and I found the “hardest to find” part for the ecto-googles. Since it was only 83¢ each I got four of them -- enough for 4 pair of goggles. Now all I need are the rest of the parts...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #91 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
April 9, 2017

I finished and printed out the handbook today. Along with a few other odds and ends. All I can say is that if the Ghostbusters Franchise Agreement was a “real thing” they wouldn’t have ANY franchises! Talk about intellectual slavery! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
April 10, 2017

The backboards came today and now that Romeo is no longer “living” in the Guest House -- he only goes up there when one of us is there or when we leave -- I have my “workshop” back. I’ve moved just about everything for the builds up there and since I can go up there now without either drowning or freezing, it’s time to start putting things together. I’ve printed out the instructions I’ve written over the winter and I’ll be adding to or correcting them as I work on the first pack. I figure I’ll have it down to a science by the time I’m finished with the fourth one.

I’m getting the chest stripes on my uniform. The top half of one is sewn on and I’m working on the bottom. Then I’ll have the top stripe --tricky because it goes over the chest pocket which has a gusset -- and two patches left to do. THEN I get to move the thigh pockets...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Sanctuary has an unused “subdomain” that at some point I “could” use as a forum for my Ghostbusters franchise. Most of the other franchises manage with facebook but facebook just isn’t capable of handling what I want to do. Maybe I’m spoiled but I prefer the way a forum works -- specifically, you can find things that were posted days or weeks ago easily without searching for hours. Since I already have a fb group, I’ll keep it AND use the forum too.

Don’t worry, D. This is a tiny seed of an idea that I won’t be wanting to do anything with for some time yet.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #94 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
One of the pieces I have for my proton pack (the braided steel connector between the Liquid Hydrogen fill valve and the Cryogen Reservoir) is too long. I'll probably be able to use it for something else down the road but right now I need something considerably shorter than I have. I have a choice between a 12 inch connector and a 16 inch one. Right now, I'm leaning toward the 12 inch one. The Cryogen Reservoir runs the entire width of the pack (12½ inches) so the shorter of the two is probably a better choice since it would be easier to "fudge" with a shorter connector than a longer one. Incidentally, this is what I'm building.... four of them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Well, I went forth and measured and 12 inches would be too short so, since as far as I know a 14 inch connector doesn't exist, I'll go with 16 inches.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 4:16am
Print Post  
I've been comparing the cosplay gloves I got last year with what photos I have of the gloves worn by the Ghostbusters in the movie and I've come to the conclusion that they were likely custom made. I can't find anything on Amazon that matches. I DID find the gloves that the persons who made the cosplay gloves used for THEIR version and charged a considerable markup for a strip of leatherette with some middy braid and studs on it. So I think I'm gonna start over. I'm not going for "screen accurate" especially since I'm going to have to make the shin guards on the boots from scratch too. At least I have a pattern that I can adapt for those.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #97 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Well, I've hauled the vice up to the Guest House -- it's mounted on a thick piece of plywood, awkward and hard to handle -- and I have the anvil -- 9 pounds -- next to the front door for my next trip. I'll take my small toolbox and some clamps up after that and everything I need to start work "should" be up there. I still need to get a 2 x 2 foot piece of plywood or something similar to protect the table [or BE the "table"] when I'm using the heat gun but I can put that off for a bit. We're having a short vacation starting next Saturday and I'm hoping to hit the Home Improvement Stores, Rural King and Ace during that time. There are some things I'm going to have to "hunt" for and there's never time on the weekends.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
21st Century PKE meters and ghost traps are gonna be a pain to build. Practically NOTHING in terms of reference pictures, let alone anything with measurements on it. This book gives me hope since it is about more than the car but it won't be released until October 10th. Yes, it is pre-ordered!
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2017 at 2:01am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Thanks to the picture below and a post on one of the Ghostbusters' facebook pages I follow, I was able to confirm that the the PKE meter used in GB:ATC (last summer's release) has as it base a Sony camera -- exactly which one is still under investigation. It may be out of production. Whether it is or not, my frugal soul rebels at the thought of tearing up a perfectly good -- and probably NOT inexpensive camera -- to make a prop. Fans with the skills are working on 3D printing files but not having any measurements (yet) or reference photos to work from, it's slow going. I now understand why the "hairbrush" model is so popular. I may go that way myself, at least at first.

ATC_PKE_meter.png ( 203 KB | 14 Downloads )
ATC_PKE_meter.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
Send TopicPrint