Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic The Queen in Autumn.. (Read 499 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The Queen in Autumn..
Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:53am

As hard as it is to write, we believe that the Queen is nearly at the end of her life. She isn't sick, the vet pronounced her healthy at her last check-up, but she's 18 years old which is 82 in human years. Always a large and robust cat, we can feel her bones although she continues to eat and drink -- just not as much. She's spent the last few days sleeping in Moonie's room and eating there as well. There's less "traffic" there since Mikey died and it's quiet. She's still getting around fairly well but slowly.
I've held her and told her how much I love her -- which she already knows but it never hurts to say it -- and that if her foster sister the Hearth Queen comes for her and she's ready to go, then she should go to Bast's side. We love her too much to hold her here when it's time for her to go. It is my prayer to Bast that when it's time, the Queen will transition in her sleep, without terror or pain. She's a stubborn cat -- always has been -- and she may last longer than we expect. I hope so but we're preparing ourselves for the day she says goodbye and we lay her to rest beside her sister Queen.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Queen in Autumn..
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:15pm

The Queen is being a bit more active today. She let herself out and caused me some anxiety until we located her. Skywise thinks she may have a touch of arthritis so it's research time again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Queen in Autumn..
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 2:49am

We had no idea how fast "winter" would come....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint