Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Incubus and Succubus (Read 1467 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The Incubus and Succubus
Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Who or what are they and what do you do if you run across one?

IP Logged

Smckim
Ex Member

Re: The Incubus and Succubus
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 3:06am
Print Post  
We KICK it's sorry ass, and send it back from where it came! We bind it there so it NEVER returns!!! We do WHATEVER it takes to get this done!! ...Questions?  :evillady

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 4:16am
Print Post  
We have the  goal. Now we need the methods...
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2006 at 4:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 5th, 2006 at 12:42am:
Who or what are they and what do you do if you run across one?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an incubus the male version of a succubus?  Wouldn't know what to do, though.  I've heard that not all are malicious.

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Ashe_Of_Heaven

Wandering Shadow

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2006 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
From Wikipedia: "In medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi; from Latin succuba; "prostitute") is a demon which takes the form of a female to seduce men (especially monks) in dreams to have sexual intercourse. They draw energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim. From mythology and fantasy, Lilith and the Lilin (Jewish), Lilitu (Sumerian) and Rusalka (Slavic) were succubi. While they had the appearance of a female, most sources claimed they did not possess a vagina-- they had a thingy, and were actually male demons. (Source: The New Encyclopedia of the Occult, John Michael Greer)" ALso.. from the same site: "In Western medieval legend, an incubus (plural incubi; from Latin incubare, "to lie upon") is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially on women in order to have sexual intercourse with them. The Incubus drains energy from the woman it performs sexual intercourse upon in order to sustain itself, and in most cases either kills the victim or leaves the victim alive but in very weak or fragile condition. A female version was called a succubus."

Heaven's Wraith
&&
&&&&
&&
Come walk with me, we shall own the night together
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2006 at 12:20am
Print Post  
See... someone actually did their homework! lol  Shields, always lots of shields.  Of course prior detection would probably help too.

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Aphrodite
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Hmm.. so would it be an insult if someone were to call someone a succbus?!?!?   Sad
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2006 at 6:06pm by »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I suppose that would depend on whether the shoe fit or not. The term could reasonably be applied to a female sexual predator who stalks men, seduces them and discards them when she is finished with them which was/is the classical MO of the succubus. That sort of activity, however, has nothing to do with the Paranormal.
Most of the instances I have read about in Paranormal casebooks  involve barely humanoid reptilian demons and I don't think that they are that easy to insult.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2006 at 11:27pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint