Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Temple to Isis (Read 368 times)
Ashera
Forum Administrator

Temple to Isis
Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:40am
Print Post  
(Content removed at poster's request)
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007 at 10:41am by Black_Rose »  

The Goddess in the Walls.....
IP Logged

Ashera
Forum Administrator

Re: Temple to Isis
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 5:41am
Print Post  
(Content removed at poster's request)
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007 at 10:43am by Black_Rose »  

The Goddess in the Walls.....
IP Logged

Argent
Ex Member

Re: Temple to Isis
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Hey, they forgot one of Her titles: Mistress of Magick. Aset's big on magick. That's how She got Ra to tell Her His ran.

Mind if I butt in here and add my own thoughts on Her? She is my Aunt after all. (my Beloved, in case you were wondering -- they're like our Aunts and Uncles, as opposed to our Parents.)

She's always come across to me as being very big, so much more than a deity, if that's even possible. She was the first deity I was ever drawn to, Her and Djehuty. She led me to find my Kemetic path.

She told me once that She has touched everything. That was a special day.

She's very ... She's always seemed somewhat distant from me, but I think I'm finally understanding Her, and why She might seem that way. Her husband, Wesir (Osiris), lives in the Duat (the land of the dead, the Unseen World). He's very quiet, actually. Just ... there. She's more... overwhelming. I sometimes feel like I don't know how to love Her, but I think I just need to reconnect to Her over a drink of Baileys. Which She loves, I might add.

I won't go into the debate as to whether Isis and Aset are the same or different deities. I don't see the point. If you call of Her as Isis and She answers, and I call on Her as Aset and She answers, does it really matter if They're the same or different? I didn't know the Kemetic names when I first became Pagan, so I did call on Her as Isis. She feels the same now that I call Her as Aset. *shrugs*

But, She's very cunning and protective. I would not want to get Her angry. The attached image from the Age of Mythology people is exactly how She is to me. Tough and protective, not afraid to do what it takes to either get Her way or protect those She looks after. I have a large image of that on my shrine, in a frame I made myself.

So yeah, Aset is great and wonderful and big and yeah.

Argent

Isis_waterfall.jpg ( 170 KB | Downloads )
Isis_waterfall.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint