Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic (household)  H - House Guardian (Read 432 times)
Crystal Raven

Over the Hedge and Back
Again!

(household)  H - House Guardian
Jul 12th, 2006 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Feel my presence.
Hear my words.
I am the love that travels with you
as you walk the trails of life.

See me now as the Spirit Wolf,
courageous and strong.
I give you strength
to face the challenges
that lie around the next bend.
With me in your heart
and by your side,
you can never be alone.

See me now as the horse you ride,
trustworthy and willing.
I support your weight
when you are too weary to walk.
I know the trail
may be steep and rocky,
but we travel it… together.

See me now as the blanket you wear,
warm and protective.
I keep out the wind,
the snow and the rain—
all the elements that seek
to sap your strength
and make you shiver.

See me now as the rocks, trees, and
water—
the Earth upon which you tread.
I sustain your life
with the fruit of my being
and bring forth gifts
to make your life complete.

I am all these things…
for I am love,
I am life,
and I am yours.

Rick Wilkes

A House Guardian can be a powerful friend and ally when treated with and given the proper respect.
Cultures all over the world have been paying homage to such spirits and guardians for well over a thousand years!

Typically one would invite a Guardian Spirit into a container, like a statue, at Beltane. If attempting to do so please remember to be very specific about the kind of spirit you would like and what you expect from such a spirit. Repeat this every year.

Create an altar in the center of your home for your Guardian. Ours is a statue of a Gargoyle, on a wooden shelf with a silver creamer and sugery both filled with sand (one to hold joss sticks, the other for a tea lights). There is also a small petrie like glass dish, a metal box with some ash from our hearth to protect against lightening and fires, a Celtic Cross hangs on the wall behind to honour our roots and a rose quartz crystal is suspended above to allowed the flow of love and good feelings throughout our home.

I have a twice daily practice of communing with our Guardian. In the morning I light a joss stick and tea light and ask for protection and blessings for me and mine throughout the day to come.
In the evening I leave an offering of our food as a thank you. If there is a day there will be strangers in our home, someone has left bad vibes behind or we have to leave home for an extended period of time I will again petition our Guardian for protection and blessings.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:46pm by Crystal Raven »  

&&Steal my avatar or sig and I will report hex you!!!&&&&*There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.*
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint