Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What's for dinner??? (Read 6202 times)
DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Re: What's for dinner???
Reply #50 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Well, we did it last Fri anyway, when it was just me & Mog.  Turned out really tasty, and I just had canned chili (but still pretty good chili, for generic). In future though, I'll use 2 cans instead of one.  Finger-lickin' good!  Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #51 - Nov 11th, 2006 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Spirit and MoonCat want chicken for dinner so oven fry it will be. I've been trying different ranch style dressing recipes but so far they have all come out tasting like tartar sauce! I've figured out why that is happening so I'm gonna dump the last batch and try again. And I promise, when I get something that actually tastes like ranch and not tartar sauce or "500 Islands Dressing" (what Hubby calls it! hehehe) , I'll post it.

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Ethereal Witch & Mystical
Muse

Reply #52 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I saw this topic at some other board, can't remember which  http://yelims5.free.fr/Yeux/Yeux07.gif but always thought it was kinda cool to see what others eat as well as grab an idea or two!!!

OOoo, I started one on MW and WitchJezebel and I were throwin chef-slop talk at each other, it was fun! 

Hmmmm, last night I made my husband a special dinner cause he had a poopy day.  I made ribeye steak with a mushroom, shallot, worchestershire and red wine reduction, steamed broccoli, and parmesan polenta.  It was divine!

Tonight is date night at our favorite Indian (Great India Cafe, Studio City) restaurant where we'll dine on our fave comfort food: chicken tikka masala and beghan bharta (sp?) and plenty of naan.  YUMMY!

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #53 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
and wine?

But of course, and beaucoup amounts.  It's pretty much a given in my household...  Goes without sayin, ya know? 

I'll have to concoct a SS dinner party in the near future  Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #54 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
oops am having left over Hamburger Helper tonight

Ooo, dare I say the 4-cheese lasagna is the best one? 

Tonight it's tuna and veggie strata for us with simple side salad and Gamay Beaujolais vino.  By the time I drove through Hollywood traffic, got to Burbank, went to Trader Joe's, got home, made strata, threw in oven, it was 7:00.  Won't be done for another 15-20 minutes or so and damn am I starving!  Hubby just got home too.

Last night it was turkey chili, so at least we'll have leftovers to keep us for a while Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #55 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Leftovers last night, so I wouldn't have to cook.   Grin  I found a really easy, tasty recipe for a broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole that I'll post in the recipe section that I made as a side for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Doc brought his gran over, so it was just the four of us, but his gran loved everything, and Doc has been raving about it ever since.    I'm just happy I didn't burn anything! lol

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #56 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
NOT burning the dinner is always good!  Grin I made pizza last night so tonight I'm using the leftover turkey to make turkey and noodles. We didn't have a lot of other leftovers so I should get the refrigerator pretty well cleaned out tonight. And, looking ahead, I got a nice beef roast today for our Christmas Day dinner. I'll make that in the crockpot. I figure that since I cook myself into oblivion on Thanksgiving, I should get a break on Christmas!  Wink

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #57 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Sounds yummy!  I just got a gorgeous, new crockpot as a wedding gift and I've never used them.  I was hoping to just dump stuff in in the morning, but most recipes involve pre-cooking, which I'd have to do the night before.  Not a biggy, but not as convenient as hoped.  Or...  Am I clueless?

There is a neat recipe for cassoulet that I'm going to try.  I'm off for 2 1/2 weeks as of the 15th and will experiment with it.

Tonight, picking up a rotisserie chicken at Ralph's, will make some mushroom rice and veggies with it.  Simple, for sure Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #58 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:35am
Print Post  
You're not clueless... and you've come to the right place.  I too am a crock-lover (boy that sounds dirty, doesn't it?  Grin) and have been collecting crockpot recipes for a couple years.  I'll post some, including a VERY simple dump chicken recipe that's extremely versatile, over in recipes & potions.  Also, check out this page of groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=slowcooker

My favorite is the group right at the top, simply called slowcooker.  One of the moderators has more crock recipes than you can shake a stick at, and plenty of experience he's willing to share.  Fear not - let us lazy cooks, who want nothing more than to let the pot do the work for us, UNITE!  

YIM  
IP Logged

Tink

Serenity Newbie

Reply #59 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Does anyone have any good crockpot receipies?  I need somthing super easy because my boyfriend cannot cook..  he can grill and microwave like a son of a gun but not cook.

When i get home from work i don't wanna cook...    Help...

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #60 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Posting some right now, Tink, they're under Recipes & Potions.  I hate to cook too, that's why I crock.  Grin  About to go post more...  including some crockpot desserts, under Chocolate...

Okay, bunches up now, that should hold y'all for at least a day. Grin  Just remember - if you've bought your crockpot within the last 10 or 15 years, it cooks hotter than your mom's pot.  (Food poisoning from undercooked meat prompted manufacturing changes in the 80s.)  So when a recipe says 8 - 10 hours, set it for 8 and check it immediately after - it's probably done.  If your pot has a "keep warm" feature like mine, try to shut off the pot before it switches over - it'll still be hot enough to continue cooking.  Enjoy!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2006 at 5:55am by DragonMom »  

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #61 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Oh, yippee skippy!!!!!!!  Crock pots unite Smiley  I'm going to surf your recipes this afternoon!

*happy dance*

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #62 - Dec 3rd, 2006 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Pizza at Pizza Hut. Bye!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #63 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Chicken tonight, much to Spirit's delight. Mashed potatoes and either green beans or broccoli -- haven't decided. I've got to remember to post my Oven fry recipe.

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #64 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 11:21am
Print Post  
last night I had a pizza baguette, beans and sweetcorn...not the most appetising of all meals but hey, thats school food for you...

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #65 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 3:27am
Print Post  
I had French Onion soup, a nice green salad with the House Ranch dressing, warm, fresh bread, an absolutely delicious 8 ounce Filet and a baked potato. MoonCat and Skywise had the same (he had the House Blue Cheese dressing on his salad) with New York strip steaks and Spirit had two grilled chicken breasts with hers. Yes, we ate out.   Grin MoonCat wanted to go to the local steakhouse for her birthday dinner. We couldn't go on Wednesday since Skywise had to work so we went tonight. MoonCat couldn't finish her steak so it is wrapped up in the refrigerator... in a origami swan made of foil. It is so cute!!

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #66 - May 1st, 2007 at 4:39am
Print Post  
Whee!

Tonite was catch as catch can, so D and I fixed garlic and herb noodles with fake lobster chunks---the fake fish was on sale today!--and it was yummy! Just noodles, oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and fake fish!

And then I found some little debbies..........lol

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #67 - May 1st, 2007 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Ahhhh evil Lil Debbie!  Grin Tonight was pizza night so I'm been wrist deep in homemade dough and toppings most of the evening..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #68 - Jun 1st, 2007 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
We're having Oven fried chicken tonight which means I'll be cooking late! It's 86 degrees in the house right now -- we are trying to avoid turning on the A/C for as long as we can -- and I'm NOT turning on the oven until the house cools off. AND SUNSET ISN'T UNTIL AFTER 9!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint