Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic For Doc & his Gran (Read 620 times)
DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

For Doc & his Gran
Oct 25th, 2006 at 12:54am
Print Post  
I'm only on for a few minutes, it's been an exhausting day... but Doc's aunt Georgeanne died last night.  He's not sure how he's doing - I don't think it's fully hit him yet - but his grandmother is completely broken up.  ...that's all I can think of for now, will try to get on tomorrow or later in the week.

later - DM

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: For Doc & his Gran
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 1:22am
Print Post  
I'm so sorry. My love and hugs to you all.

IP Logged

Ashera
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
(Content removed at poster's request)
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007 at 10:58am by Black_Rose »  

The Goddess in the Walls.....
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Thanks guys, we appreciate it.  There's going to be a memorial but not a funeral but not sure when yet... Georgeanne wanted her body donated to science.  Honestly I'm glad of that... my first hubby's parents were more than 30yrs older than him, so I went with him to lots of his relatives' funerals.  I've seen enough dead bodies to last me a lifetime, and Mog is too young to see that.  Tongue  We went to the school fall party tonight.  They can't call it a Halloween party, but there's trick-or-treating and the kids all dress up.  Doc & I did too - we were a vampire family.  So we all got a little much-needed cheering up.  Pics a little later...

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 3:57am
Print Post  
I'll be looking forward to the pictures. Some cheering up would be most welcome. I know what you mean about funerals. I attended my first when I was about 4 years old, my mom's dad. I wasn't allowed at my father's funeral since I was not quite 3 at the time of his death. MoonCat was 12 when my mom died, Spirit was 10, still much too young but I couldn't deny them the chance to say goodbye to Mom. It was a good thing in Spirit's case. She knows that her grandmother is in Heaven, which is a good place to be. She also understands that Sassy and Sebastian are in Heaven too, presumably with Grandma, so they are okay too.

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
All energies I can spare are yours Doc.  Been to the funerals of both my grandfather and grandmother.  Not nice!  Funerals are quite barbaric if you ask me.  The Gates of Elysium are open to receive her.  (L)ots (o)f (L)ove!!

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint