Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 4800 to 4921 (Read 4860 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 4800 to 4921
Reply #25 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:04pm

#4885  Salanthos

*Sal padded softly behind the guy. She had considered slipping away. It might even be the wisest thing to do. However, she probably would never find out what was happening if she left - and it might be something she needed to know. All the same, her hand itched for her dagger as the flunky stopped by a door and motioned her to enter. All her stuff, though, was back where she had left her clothes, and anyway there was no way to conceal it in the palace uniform she wore. Sal walked into the room indiated, and stopped short.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:05pm

[Text to be added later. Re-write in progress]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:07pm

#4888  Penthesilea

*The information broadcast hit Castle with the force of a tsunami but only those with the "ears to hear" understood the information. For the rest, some felt momentary alarm while most felt nothing at all.
     MoonCat, SpiritFire and Torao-Akio were preparing another batch of nanites to be launched when the transmission hit. They intended to transport to the Mount Amazonia relay station and launch the nanites into the atmosphere over the pole where they could spread to the more heavily populated Eastern Continent. Instinctively, the sisters opened an inspeaking link to Penthesilea and Kodiak, relaying the information to them as fast as they received it. When it had passed and they had received word from their mother that she and Kodiak had heard, they looked at Torao-Akio, who had also heard.

Torao-Akio: We must hurry. *The girls nodded and they were away.*
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 6:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:10pm

#4890  Penthesilea

Athanasia's Palace...

*Athanasia had been "occupied" with Rashtarith shortly before he had teleported into Bar-Arack and was sleeping it off when the demon's cry of alarm jolted her from sleep. She screamed as he died. Not from any feeling of grief but from rage. All her carefully laid plans were in ruins. Worse, she was willing to bet that her accused sister, Penthesilea, knew of her existence or shortly would -- and where to find the source of all her troubles. What Penthesilea now knew was not even a fraction of the whole but it would be enough. Penthesilea was not one to let grass grow under her feet. She would be there, loaded for bear and taking no prisoners, just as quickly as she could. Athanasia had to move. Fast. She leaped from her bed and ran to her ritual room gathering power around her as she ran. Once in place, she cast her spell and within five minutes of Rashtarith’s death, Athanasia and her palace vanished from the city of Jaganmata, leaving nothing behind but a hole in the ground.....*
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2007 at 3:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:11pm

#4891  Salanthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanthos
*Sal padded softly behind the guy. She had considered slipping away. It might even be the wisest thing to do. However, she probably would never find out what was happening if she left - and it might be something she needed to know. All the same, her hand itched for her dagger as the flunky stopped by a door and motioned her to enter. All her stuff, though, was back where she had left her clothes, and anyway there was no way to conceal it in the palace uniform she wore. *

*Sal walked into the room indicated, and stopped short. There was a person in the room. Furthermore, a person she knew. One she had met before. And hated.*

Sal: You! *She growled.*

*She had killed him! A knife through his throat, yet here he was again. Instinctively she reached to act with power, to kill him again.*

*A hard wooden beam thwacked into her skull from behind with stunning force. Unnoticed, the flunky had entered the room behind her and struck. The blow knocked Sal off her feet. She crashed to her knees, breath hissing out of her. Stupid Sal thought hazily, her head reeling. Stupid to get suckered like that, to get distracted enough to not notice someone coming from behind. She looked up with blurred vision as he came close and bent over to look her in the eyes.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:11pm

#4895  Salanthos

Quote:
*A hard wooden beam thwacked into her skull from behind with stunning force. Unnoticed, the flunky had entered the room behind her and struck. The blow knocked Sal off her feet. She crashed to her knees, breath hissing out of her. Stupid Sal thought hazily, her head reeling. Stupid to get suckered like that, to get distracted enough to not notice someone coming from behind. She looked up with blurred vision as he came close and bent over to look her in the eyes.*
Guy: I see you remember me. What a surprise. It's been a while, almost fifty years. I don't think we've been introduced - I'm Dane, by the way. You are *pauses*

*Sal says nothing*

Flunky: Krista, sir.

Dane: Krista. Thank you. Krista, you destroyed my organization then. I had to start again from scratch. I know how much you can do. But since then I learned of your weak point, that you cannot use your magic unless you can think. So a strong blow to the head can render you powerless for a time. Without that, I would not have considered having this conversation. I would have simply had you killed for what you did.

Sal:*in a hoarse voice* I killed you.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:12pm

#4897 Salanthos

Dane: you cut my throat. If I had still been human I'd be dead.

Sal: You're a vampire. *Her head is starting to clear* I hadn't thought to check, then. I was too busy healing Tel.

Dane: Yes, it was an unfortunate choice to grab that girl. I hadn't realized you were anywhere in the picture before you had acted. *waves his hand away* It doesn't matter. I am willing to let go of the past if you will tell me how your magic powers work in a tech zone. That was something I had not planned against.

Sal: uhh... *is not going to tell him*

*Dane slaps her hard. A fresh wave of dizziness passes through her aching head*

Dane: Tell me how you got magic that works in a tech zone!

Sal: *rasps, in a soft voice* died...

Dane: *cold, hard voice* don't toy with me.

Sal: I died... *still softly, is answering to distract him*

Dane: *raises hand to slap, then pauses* And?

Sal: When I woke I could do magic. *She can almost think clearly enough again*

Dane: *brushes that aside, demanding* How can I get magic that will work here? Answer me!

Sal: You die.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:13pm

#4898  Penthesilea

Madridoor

*Penthesilea was only vaguely aware that Angelique was watching her because the vampiric social butterfly she was guarding was flitting around the gathering like a hummingbird on speed. Penth was regretting the weeks that she had spent as a singer. She had gotten a bit out of condition and was paying for it. Plus the overwhelming scent of Madridoor's traditional flowers for mourning were making her dizzy. It was with a sigh of relief that she followed her charge out into the moonlit gardens. She hoped the cool night air would clear her head. Deep into the gardens, Penthesilea was surrounded by the most heavenly scent she had ever encountered in the plant kingdom. She had just enough time to decide that they belonged in the Castle gardens when the odor took effect and she collapsed, unconscious. The vampire woman came to stand over her, looking down at her with her hunting face on. Then Angelique and a vampire lackey joined her.

Female Vampire: I don't understand why you want her but here she is as promised. You will support Keil's bid for the throne?

Angelique: Of course. *she lied.* Keil is strong and ruthless. That is what Madridoor needs.

Female Vampire: Why is she important? And why alive?

Angelique: She is between me and something I want. As for why alive? I'm not hungry at the moment.

Female Vampire: The half-vampire she's bonded to. *She guessed. At Angelique's sly smile, she continued.* Once you have him, I want a turn. Seeing him in Keil's mansion...*Her laugh was a dirty sound.*

Angelique: I'm sure we can work something out. Take her. *The lackey picked Penthesilea up and, after Angelique put one of the flowers on Penth's chest to keep her unconscious, carried her into the night.* Hide her disappearance for as long as you can. I don't want to be entertaining the Darklord before I'm ready. *The female vampires grinned evilly in agreement and the two women parted....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:14pm

#4906  Penthesilea

Mount Amazonia Transporter Relay Station

*SpiritFire stands at the controls while Torao-Akio and MoonCat watch. When she is sure the coordinates are right, she energizes the transporter and the nanites are beamed into the upper atmosphere over the pole. Their next stop will be the relay tower, newly constructed, at the southern tip of the Giant's Rib Mountain Range...*
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 6:37pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:14pm

#4907  Penthesilea

Somewhere......
The heavily guarded Black Lotus fields......

*Unnoticed and unseen, the nanites fall from the sky and are quickly absorbed by the plants that recognize them as chemical compounds necessary to nourish the Black Lotus spore...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:15pm

#4908  Penthesilea

Madridoor -- The Palace

*Penthesilea lies motionless and dreaming on a couch, the flower still on her chest. Angelique enters and looks down at her.*

Angelique: This will be in the way. *She reaches down and removes the silver and onyx choker around Penthesilea's neck. Once it is clear of her neck, Penthesilea's true appearance returns....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:16pm

#4909  Penthesilea

*Angelique looks down into the face of "Silver Steele" and laughs. Palamedes will be so pleased! She will make sure that the woman survives to be Turned, to be a vampire, yes, but as a plaything and slave to herself and Palamedes. She considers what fun it will be to use the Darklord while his lady watches. And what it will do to him to watch Palamedes mount his bonded while he is helpless to prevent it....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:17pm

#4910  Salanthos

Quote:
Dane: *brushes that aside, demanding* How can I get magic that will work here? Answer me!

Sal: You die.

*Sal summoned all her willpower and focused. Dane had spoken a bit too long. Her head had cleared just enough for one act of power, the only one she had done so many times she did not need to be in top form to do.*

*Her fingers curled around the hilt of her knife as it materialized under her hand. It was the only thing she could do, but it was enough. She lunged up, off her knees, and stabbed Dane in the throat. It was not fatal to a vampire, but it would incapacitate him for a while.*

*Sal dodged sideways as the flunky, thinking himself forgotten, tried to lay her out with the beam, again. It caught her a crunching blow on the shoulder, instead of the head as he had intended. She staggered, and he laughed in triumph and raised the beam again. Before he could hit her, Sal sidestepped again, pivoted towards him, and stabbed him through the heart.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:18pm

#4911  Penthesilea

Keil's Mansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
*Angelique looks down into the face of "Silver Steele" and laughs. Palamedes will be so pleased! She will make sure that the woman survives to be Turned, to be a vampire, yes, but as a plaything and slave to herself and Palamedes. She considers what fun it will be to use the Darklord while his lady watches. And what it will do to him to watch Palamedes mount his bonded while he is helpless to prevent it....*

*Kodiak notices Penthesilea's absence when they return to the mansion. He feels for her through the bloodbond and finds her in a state he associates with sleep. He's puzzled but before he can do anything, Keil comes charging up to him.* Come with me. The shipment is in. *Fuming, Kodiak follows him...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:19pm

#4914  Penthesilea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
*Kodiak notices Penthesilea's absence when they return to the mansion. He feels for her through the bloodbond and finds her in a state he associates with sleep. He's puzzled but before he can do anything, Keil comes charging up to him.* Come with me. The shipment is in. *Fuming, Kodiak follows him...*

*On the way to the warehouse, Kodiak tries repeatedly to contact Penthesilea. Neither the bloodbond or the inspeaking works. Becoming more alarmed by the minute, Kodiak contacts Athena, who checks both apartments and finds them empty. Athena tries to contact Penthesilea with a similar lack of success.
     By the time they reach the warehouse, Kodiak's eyes are black and his fury barely contained. Only the possibility that she might be held at the warehouse itself keeps him in check. His lady is in trouble, he is sure of it, and may the Gods have mercy on whoever is responsible because he will have none!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:20pm

#4917  Penthesilea

Madridoor -- The Palace

*The Priest of the Blood Queen comes to Angelique.*

Angelique: What news?

Priest: The Prince's body is regenerating even faster than we had hoped. He will need a small feeding upon arising but a more substantial one from a living woman to complete his change.

Angelique: I have the woman. She is being prepared for my Prince's pleasure as we speak but she must survive his feeding to be turned. He will want to keep her for a slave.

Priest: The first feeding will be increased then, so he need not drink her dry.

Angelique: See to it then. *The Priest leaves to do Angelique's bidding while elsewhere in the Palace, a helpless Penthesilea whimpers slightly in her drug induced sleep as she is stripped by uncaring hands and prepared to be the Prince's meal and unwilling bride....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:20pm

#4918  Salanthos

Quote:
*Sal dodged sideways as the flunky, thinking himself forgotten, tried to lay her out with the beam, again. It caught her a crunching blow on the shoulder, instead of the head as he had intended. She staggered, and he laughed in triumph and raised the beam again. Before he could hit her, Sal sidestepped again, pivoted towards him, and stabbed him through the heart.*

*Turning back to the vampire, Sal swayed with dizziness. Fighting had not helped her head, which throbbed as her vision started to grey out. Sluggishly, she forced her brain to keep going. Vampire. How to kill a vampire. A throat stab was not really fatal. Through the heart, she finally dredged up, or cut the spine. Dane stirred slightly as she stepped near him, but couldn't get away, weak as he was from blood loss, and nearly unconscious. Two quick blows, and he was unquestionably, permanently dead.*

*As if I would have told him anything. Sal thought. No matter what he did. The idiot. She looked down at him almost sorrowfully. He had "disappeared" hundreds of people, most of them young women, before she had run into him while rescuing a friend. She would never know how many more had died because she hadn't double checked. That would be enough to trouble her for a long time.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:21pm

#4920  Penthesilea

Madridoor - The Warehouse

*Once at the warehouse, Keil went immediately to the secure storage area that Kodiak and his men had spent a week preparing. Kodiak could see that there were several men already in the room waiting. He suspected that they were the other members of Keil’s group. Keil ordered Kodiak to remain outside the room and secure the area. The door closed behind Keil and Kodiak followed his orders. Once his men were in place, he sought out the man who had been on duty when the shipment had arrived. He was one of Kodiak’s men. Kodiak looked at him calmly but intently.*

Kodiak: Tell me who is in that room with Keil. *Kodiak could feel the man resisting him a little.* That’s an order. *He said firmly. *Tell me who is in that room. *Kodiak could feel it when the man’s will was subverted. In short order, he had the names of the conspirators.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:22pm

#4921  Penthesilea

Madridoor - The Warehouse

*Keil’s meeting had not been going on long when there was a commotion at the main entrance to the warehouse. Kodiak went to investigate. Just inside and arguing with one of the guards was a man in the uniform of Hassan Ben Asad Khalid private security. Behind him was the man himself along with Gallant Knight, Brockton Greathead and three others, each with their own bodyguards. Kodiak immediately recognized them as members of the secret vampires’ council that kept order among the vampires and formed the true government of the island.*

Kodiak: What is the problem? *It was Hassan that answered.*

Hassan: Andreas Keil has been summoned to appear before the Council. We have been sent to escort him to the meeting. *Kodiak considered for only a moment.*

Kodiak: Of course. Come this way. *Then he turned and led the delegation deeper into the warehouse. He used his radio to inform Keil that he had visitors....*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint