Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Went wine tasting in Temecula, CA yesterday (Read 879 times)
Jenne

Serenity Newbie

Went wine tasting in Temecula, CA yesterday
Nov 21st, 2006 at 2:50am
Print Post  
with my younger bro and his wife.  It was pretty fantabulous.  The only glitch was that the waiter at the first place we went to served my lunch 20 minutes after everyone else was served theirs, but I got over it.

We went to this place named Thornton Winery.  They have the cutest little resto off their flagstone courtyard complete with vistas and a fountain.  Tucked back to the side of their boutique/gift shop and across from said restaurant is this tasting area.  For $10 you can get a flight of 5 wines, varying in varietals, vintages and tastes.  I'd done their campagne flight before, so this time I tried their after dinner series.

It was GREAT!  I was highly delighted with it.  It started with a muscato champagne, then on to a chenin blanc, a moscato proper, then a not-too-sweet white zin, then a sweet, off-dry rose.  NICE.

The second place we went to was Marie Carrie, done in a plantation style theme.  We tried a few varietals I hadn't done in ages.  One of them was a pineapple-infused chenin blanc.  Another was a pineapple-infused champagne.  I bought the cb because it just wouldn't be denied, and at $10.95/bottle, it wasn't a bad buy, either.

Anyway, thought I'd write a smallish review for you folks on the wine tasting experiences I had this weekend! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2006 at 3:29am by Jenne »  

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Ethereal Witch & Mystical
Muse

Re: Went wine tasting in Temecula, CA yesterday
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2006 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Sounds AbFab sweetie dahling...  We'll have to grab our husbands and meet up for a tasting next Spring, for sure!  I've always wanted to go to Temecula, and do the hot-air balloon thing too.

OH the Beaujolais Nouveau's are out now, I think I'll plan a post-Thanksgiving wine and cheese tasting (with our fabulous new wine hutch) soiree.  If you guys can make it up from San Diego, you're invited!

Hell, you're all invited.

YIM  
IP Logged

Jenne

Serenity Newbie

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 3:27am
Print Post  
SeaSiren wrote on Nov 21st, 2006 at 6:00pm:
Sounds AbFab sweetie dahling...  We'll have to grab our husbands and meet up for a tasting next Spring, for sure!  I've always wanted to go to Temecula, and do the hot-air balloon thing too.

OH the Beaujolais Nouveau's are out now, I think I'll plan a post-Thanksgiving wine and cheese tasting (with our fabulous new wine hutch) soiree.  If you guys can make it up from San Diego, you're invited!

Hell, you're all invited.

Let me know the date, Chica.  Might could, might could! Cheesy

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Saturday, December 2nd we're planning a dinner party with a friend of ours (who happens to be a commedienne) and her husband.  Should be a hoot, come to beautiful Burbank and join us!

Spring tasting, don't have date yet...

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
OH!  For sure, Ama Smiley 

I'm making chicken parmesan with sauteed zucchini and fettacini alfredo.  Going to have a cocktail and hors d'oeurve hour with kir royale's and crab stuffed shrooms, then the feast and plenty of cabernet!

Happy birthday honey!!!!!

YIM  
IP Logged

Jenne

Serenity Newbie

Reply #5 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Hmf!  I missed this!  Me and my st00pid brain!

Hope it was a good time had by all, both of you!  *hugs*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 3:20am
Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Creative Creations [move by] Penthesilea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint