Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic The Hearth Queen (Read 981 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The Hearth Queen
Dec 15th, 2006 at 11:43pm

The Hearth Queen seems to have a UTI. She is showing behavior consistent with it and that was the diagnosis the last time she acted this way.  The vet is working her in tomorrow morning so she should be on antibiotics by tomorrow afternoon. I think that she has been trying to fight it off for the last week. Any healing energy and/or appeals to Bast you can spare would be appreciated. She is an older cat and that complicates things. With everything that has been going on, we are about at the end of our collective rope.  Cry

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Hearth Queen
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 2:04pm

The Queen seemed to feel better as the night went on although she is sleeping a lot. We'll be heading out in a half hour for the vet. I'll let you know how it went as soon as I can get back.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 5:03pm

Okay. We got back at about 10:25 but then took off again so I didn't have time to post. Her Majesty has cystitis. She got a shot -- which she did NOT like -- and a course of oral antibiotics to take -- Amoxicillin, a substance well known to people with children. Yes, folks. They give cats that same thick, pink bubblegum flavored stuff that they give to kids.
Anyway, the Hearth Queen is on the mend. We will be watching her for any reoccurance over the rest of the winter since that would indicate a more serious problem, so we will take any energy for her continued good health that you care to send!
And the Tubby Tabby weighed in at 9.8 pounds.....

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 6:25am

Well, hey, at least it's something treatable, right?  Hope she feels better soon - much good green coming her way!

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 12:33am

Thanks. She seems to be feeling a bit better. At least she isn't trying to wet everywhere every 30 seconds or so -- which is such a blessing, you have no idea.

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2006 at 2:53am

Oh believe me, I know.  I once had a cat pee ON MY LEG to let me know something was wrong with him.  Mind you, I was asleep at the time... until he tried to scratch my leg to, y'know, cover it up.  I about wrung the poor thing's neck.  Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2006 at 4:38am

We've been dosing her with the nasty pink stuff and aside from wanting to kill us slowly, she is now fine. The Lord of Samhain will be having his "snipsnip" on Wednesday so the Hearth Queen may soon have an ally in her quest for revenge...

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2007 at 1:00am

Glad to hear she's starting to feel better.  Yes, that Pink Stuff is quite the Bubblegum Evil!  Grin

...can you tell I'm feeling obnoxious tonite?  

YIM  
IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:11pm

What is wrong with the pnk stuff.  Had to give it to my brothers rabbitt, Oni.  She turned her nose to it, but once she got a taste, she was hooked.  Then again, she did have a sweet tooth.  Happy "Her Highness" is getting back to her old self.  Glory, Glory Panacea!

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:48pm

The Hearth Queen doesn't have a sweet tooth --  she has a fish tooth!  Grin and her dignity is deeply offended by having medicine shot into her mouth. Fortunately, we have finished up the medicine. Now, on the morrow. Samson's "snipsnip". Hubby is going in to work late so Samson won't have to overnite at the vet's office. I'll let you know how it goes.

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #10 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 2:12am

Fish tooth - that reminds me, I need to give Khan his every-other-day hairball medicine.  He loves the stuff, will lick it right off my finger.  The tube says it's salmon-flavored.  How's the Hearth Queen doing?

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 3:03am

She's fine. All done with the nasty pink stuff. And she absolutely loves hairball remedy! Salmon flavored, of course.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint