Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3000 to 3199 (Read 17432 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3000 to 3199
Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:23am

#3002  Rewritten by Penthesilea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
*The Lord Marshall comes striding down the hall with Jasmine in pursuit. DK slows when he sees Penthesilea, allowing Jasmine, who is fumbling with her bodice, to catch up. When she sees Penthesilea standing with the group, she takes the Lord Marshall's arm. Penthesilea simply smiles...*

Nightdeath and her tribe walk into the Great Hall. They are a bit nervous but Daemon has assured them that they are welcome in his sister’s domain. Nightdeath nods toward Daemon and he returns it. The weres are grim and with reason.  At Daemon’s suggestion, they retire to the Castle’s Pub. It is still early in the day and only the staff will be there. And besides, Daemon is still hung over from his bender of the night before and really needs some “hair of the dog that bit him” and says as much.

“No Jagamatan stout for you,” Satira declares. “You can’t hold it yet and you are in sad enough shape.” Daemon grins sheepishly.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3000 to 3199
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:24am

#3007  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea just grins. She has a spell that would cure Daemon's hangover but it is almost worse than the ailment. Daemon knows this which is why he hasn't asked for it.* I'm sure that we can find something for you to drink that won't upset your head. Root beer, perhaps?
“Ale,” he replies. “Lots of ale.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:25am

#3008  Rewritten by Penthesilea

The look on Daemon’s face provokes Satira to laughter, a musical sound that enchants all that hear it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:26am

#3010  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea notices the look on the Lord Marshall's handsome face when he hears Satira's laugh. It melts her heart.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:27am

#3011  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Satira notices as well but pretends not to. His flat rejection of her favors has hurt her pride and the penalty for that is death -- but not yet. Not yet....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:27am

#3012   Penthesilea

“That won't help your head but it's your.." *she stops. She cannot complete the well known catch phase. Instead, she takes Daemon's arm and leads the group toward the Pub.*
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2007 at 6:06pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:28am

#3014  Penthesilea

*Satira moves up to Daemon's other side and the three of them lead the way. Without seeming too, Penthesilea looks back over her shoulder and catches her Lord Marshall watching Satira, suspicion in his dark eyes...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:29am

#3015  Rewritten by Penthesilea

As expected, only the staff is present this early in the day and after they have supplied the group with their choice of libations, they withdraw. They will not return until Penthesilea summons them.  Once everyone is settled, Daemon takes a place by the bar and begins.

Daemon:  For the last two years, I’ve been tracking a murderer. His name is, or rather was, BloodMoon. Rather apt under the circumstances. There was a blood feud between three of the Clans, when it was settled BloodMoon refused to stop fighting. He continued to hunt and kill members of the other two Clans and when his own tried to stop him, he turned on them as well.

Penthesilea: Why do the Clans need you to hunt a single renegade? Surely the MoonBorn are capable of handling him.

Daemon: Under normal circumstances they would be but BloodMoon is no ordinary were. Not anymore. *Daemon looks at the floor. He does not wish to tell his sister what has invaded her domain but it can no longer be put off.* A little over two years ago, BloodMoon was cornered by a small group of MoonBorn. They fought and he killed three of them and the others had to retreat. No one can say why but while he was alone with the dead.... he ate them. *Penthesilea’s sharp intake of breath told him that she, at least, understood what that meant.* He cannibalized his own kind and the curse of the Wendigo fell on him. *Daemon looked up then and Penth could see the misery in his eyes.* I don’t think that he considered it a curse. It made him stronger, faster, more vicious -- a better killing machine.

Penthesilea: How did you get involved?

Daemon: Once he became a Wendigo, BloodMoon killed everything in his path. Soon after his transformation he came upon a small trading outpost. He broke in and killed everyone he found. There was a woman there. And a child. Their names were SummerWind and Brightstar and they were mine.

*Penthesilea rises from her place and goes to her brother’s side. Without a word, she embraces him, hugging him hard. He had always been a man of deep feeling and frequently seemed to carry the world on his back. She knows, too well, the pain of loss and understands now the deep sadness and anger that she had felt in his soul since his arrival.  Then, she pulls back and looks up at him.*

Penthesilea: And you have tracked this abomination here, haven’t you?  *Daemon looks at her sadly.*

Daemon: Yes, my sister, I have. I had hoped to destroy him without involving you or your people but that does not seem possible now. I was able to hurt him, only that, in our last encounter. He is hold up somewhere in the forest west of here probably healing. When he is healed enough or hungry enough, he will come out of hiding and kill everything in his way until there is nothing left. *He looks around the room.* He is already strong enough to take on Nightdeath’s tribe and kill half of them. We don’t have much time before he comes out of hiding in full strength. Will you help me?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:30am

#3016  Penthesilea

Penthesilea: I'm in.

Satira doesn't speak. She simply nods and begins to hone her dagger. The Lord Marshall looks to the Keyholder and nods as well. The Oath of Heartkin runs both ways....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:31am

#3017  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine: Whatever this monster is, it cannot enter  Paradise Valley. The defenses there are too strong for anything harmful to enter.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:31am

#3018  Penthesilea

I would not count on magickal defenses against such a creature. He was created by an ancient God’s curse and nothing but his death with stop him. Will you be going with us to defend these lands and therefore Paradise Valley or not?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:33am

#3019 Rewritten by Penthesilea

Quote by Rewritten by Penthesilea
Jasmine: Whatever this monster is, it cannot enter  Paradise Valley. The defenses there are too strong for anything harmful to enter.

Daemon: And once the Wendigo has reduced all these lands to wasteland, do you think that he will leave and seek other lands and leave your valley untouched? I know this creature and I have seen his work. Once these lands are stripped of life, he will throw himself against your valley’s protections until he breaches them. Stronger shields than yours have fallen to him. I have seen it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:33am

#3021 Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine:  But this monster doesn’t live in my valley. And he cannot get in. Let anyone who wishes to take refuge there until this thing has gone away.          

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:34am

#3023  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Quote: Originally Posted by Rewritten by Penthesilea
Jasmine:  But this monster doesn’t live in my valley. And he cannot get in. Let anyone who wishes to take refuge there until this thing has gone away.                     

Daemon: No. It does not. But, again I ask you. Where do you think he will go to feed when the lands outside your valley have been stripped?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 2:35am

#3024  Penthesilea

That will not be a problem, Daemon, because we are going to find this thing and kill it before it can do any more harm. *Daemon has not heard this tone in his sister's voice for some time....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:42am

#3025  Rewritten by Penthesilea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewritten by Penthesilea
No. It does not. But, again I ask you. Where do you think he will go to feed when the lands outside your valley have been stripped?

Jasmine: We have our own defenses and need nothing else!  And I will not weaken those defenses for the sake of some fruitless expedition!  I’m going home and any who wish to may come with me. We will wait out this “monster” of yours in peace and safety.

*With that, Jasmine leaves in a huff and after a moment, Kodiak follows her...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:43am

#3026  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Once outside the Pub, Jasmine leads the way to her suite in the Castle. She knows that she doesn’t have much time.  The presence of the Wendigo demands a change in plans and the timetable must be moved up. Jasmine and Kodiak enter her rooms and she locks the door behind them. She leads the way to her  bedroom which is set up for her favorite pastime.  The chains dangling from the far wall are not subtle and neither are the leather bindings firmly tied to the bed’s four posts. A small, nasty looking whip with suspicious stains lays on a small stool near the bed....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:44am

#3027  DarkLord Kodiak

*Looks around. Thinks what have I gotten myself into? Is a bit worried* What are these for?....  Oh... never mind.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:45am

#3028  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine: Don’t worry, my love. You know I would never harm you past the point of pleasure.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:46am

#3029  DarkLord Kodiak

*Her room says different.* Sorry. I get a little concerned around chains.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:46am

#3030  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine: Then we shall not use them. Not tonight, anyway. *With an eyebrow raised in inquiry, she glances toward the bed and its leather bindings.* And the rest?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:47am

#3031   DarkLord Kodiak

I figured I would leave the leather out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:47am

#3032 Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine: As you wish, my love. We have all of our lives together for exploration.

Jasmine checks the temperature of the bubbling hot tub and makes a tiny adjustment. Then she smiles letting her fangs show just a bit and gestures toward the tub.

Jasmine: What do you have to lose?

Grinning lazily, Kodiak strips off his clothes...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:48am

#3033  DarkLord Kodiak

Nothing I haven’t lost before. *Hops in*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 12:49am

#3034  Rewritten by Penthesilea

Jasmine smiles seductively at Kodiak as she slowly begins to remove her clothing and his grin in return promises much.  Jasmine knows that if they remain at the Castle, the Darklord will not be able to resist Penthesilea for long. He had wanted the Keyholder for as long as Jasmine had known him and she knew, all too well, that she was nothing to him but a substitute for the woman he felt he could not have.  Without the threat of death hanging over him, the Keyholder would not hesitate to seek Kodiak’s love or at least, his bed. And once she was there,  Kodiak would never permit her to leave..
Jasmine would have to use all her considerable wiles to convince him to leave the Castle and its Lady and go with her.  Fortunately, the Darklord was all too susceptible to those wiles.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint